EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't carry this one much. Got it back in "96. I think it was right after he made changes to this model. Notice the number 43.
IMG_20140510_221526.jpg

Far be it for me to admit any possible wrongdoing, but I'll just say that this weekend I carried a knife both days.

So, on Saturday, my wife and I managed to catch one of the last weekends of a particular flower and garden festival going on:

13982182847_d15722ea80_b.jpg

See that concrete beam right there with the buss bar running 600V through it? Back in the mid-seventies, I drove monorails round and round in a circle at Walt Disney World, back before EPCOT, when it was just the Magic Kingdom and 3 hotels. Many great memories of that time and place.

See that concrete beam right there with the buss bar running 600V through it? Back in the mid-seventies, I drove monorails round and round in a circle at Walt Disney World, back before EPCOT, when it was just the Magic Kingdom and 3 hotels. Many great memories of that time and place.

That's pretty awesome, Daddyo. It's a really weird, and amazing place, Disney. We have yearly passes, and it's crazy walking around the different parks which are a mix of new and old, and by old, I mean REALLY old. For example, in the Magic Kingdom, it's crazy to me that the creepy-ass It's a Small World ride is right around the corner from the Hall of Presidents exhibit, where the presidents are all some of the absolute best animatronic work I've ever seen in person. Those who've seen it recently will know what I'm talking about. It's a Small World is a step right back into 1975. The ride is dank, dim, and outdated. There's black mold visible at the waterline on the stucco, and the whole ride smells old and moldy. The dolls are all in exceptionally poor repair, and it's actually really claustrophobic feeling. Then you have the Hall of Presidents where each President is almost eerily lifelike. It's insane.

Steven Kelly Lightspeed with super conductor bolsters and backspacer and LSCF scales and clip.

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome, Daddyo. It's a really weird, and amazing place, Disney. We have yearly passes, and it's crazy walking around the different parks which are a mix of new and old, and by old, I mean REALLY old. For example, in the Magic Kingdom, it's crazy to me that the creepy-ass It's a Small World ride is right around the corner from the Hall of Presidents exhibit, where the presidents are all some of the absolute best animatronic work I've ever seen in person. Those who've seen it recently will know what I'm talking about. It's a Small World is a step right back into 1975. The ride is dank, dim, and outdated. There's black mold visible at the waterline on the stucco, and the whole ride smells old and moldy. The dolls are all in exceptionally poor repair, and it's actually really claustrophobic feeling. Then you have the Hall of Presidents where each President is almost eerily lifelike. It's insane.

I keep in touch with several friends who still live there (some are still employed by the mouse) and can verify the disrepair and general poor condition of things you are describing, all while having to pay more for admission. The last time I was there was in 2001 with my family, and even then I could tell that the general condition of the park was worse, not to mention the poor attitude of some of the cast members (employees). I guess they don't sprinkle pixie dust the way they used to back in the seventies. :)

Last edited:
AWESOME KNIFE KEYMAN!! I'm going to try & carry nothing but traditionals this week. GEC 47 Today:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back