EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey John, sorry I missed your last post...sounds like you enjoyed a good Mothers day? Ours was a gray rainy day...took my wife and boys out for lunch (my turn to cook):D I of course ate to much...turkey, potatoes, gravy, meatballs...now we just downloaded a movie on the Kindle and the struggle begins to try and stay awake:eek:

Even after all I ate the Cannoli looks awfully good:thumbup:

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday buddy;)

Ooooh man, I'm picturing your feast and even now that I've already had lunch, my mouth is still watering a bit :D

Why do we do this to ourselves?! Haha the whole Mother's Day weekend went off without a hitch, so I've got nothing to complain about it. And the cannoli was delicious. There's this mom and pop owned pizza joint a few blocks from our place that cranks these suckers out daily. Good stuff :thumbup:

Far be it for me to admit any possible wrongdoing, but I'll just say that this weekend I carried a knife both days.

So, on Saturday, my wife and I managed to catch one of the last weekends of a particular flower and garden festival going on:

13982182847_d15722ea80_b.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny that this particular shot was surreptitiously taken at that particular flower and garden festival:

14145661986_e8590c8a28_b.jpg

That said, this little Cadet Alox has absolutely floored me with its jewel-like perfection. The blade isn't as sharp as I'd have liked right out of the package, but I'll fix that here in the next day or two on my Sharpmaker. Every other aspect of this little knife is amazing, and I'm blown away completely*. This thing absolutely and absurdly disappears in a pocket, and contains pretty much all of the tools you may need for most EDC tasks. The scales are great, the tools are just right, it's now on my person every day, to keep my ZT 0801 company.

Also of note? I got it at a big-box store whose icon is something archers and people who play darts are familiar with, five bucks cheaper than ANYwhere I saw it available online. :thumbup:

* Which, these days, is actually hard to do.

Such nice shots, Forrest! I've never been over there. Only mouse house I've been to was in Cali, and my fam had an amazing time.

I'm glad you're digging your SAK. It's been years since I've had one in my pocket...I may just have to pick one up at that place you so sheepishly described ;)

As for me, well I think my Dragonfly can handle anything Monday throws my way.

Such nice shots, Forrest! I've never been over there. Only mouse house I've been to was in Cali, and my fam had an amazing time.

I'm glad you're digging your SAK. It's been years since I've had one in my pocket...I may just have to pick one up at that place you so sheepishly described ;)

As for me, well I think my Dragonfly can handle anything Monday throws my way.

Thank you, brother! We got yearly passes last year when we went over for the Food and Wine Festival. It is just atrocious paying over $100 each visit (and for friggin' FL residents no less!) so we just got the yearly. It renders the sixth visit and beyond totally free.

I am just blown away by much I'm liking this little Alox. I've already got two work friends looking at running over to get one also. I mean, this is literally the first time I was finding a cheaper price for a knife that was sitting right there in my hand at a store, instead of what I could get it online for. It was the last black one they had, so I had to snap it up. Glad I did!

Thank you, brother! We got yearly passes last year when we went over for the Food and Wine Festival. It is just atrocious paying over $100 each visit (and for friggin' FL residents no less!) so we just got the yearly. It renders the sixth visit and beyond totally free.

I am just blown away by much I'm liking this little Alox. I've already got two work friends looking at running over to get one also. I mean, this is literally the first time I was finding a cheaper price for a knife that was sitting right there in my hand at a store, instead of what I could get it online for. It was the last black one they had, so I had to snap it up. Glad I did!

Aw man, I can only imagine how I'd feel having to pay that much for a home town attraction! Mickey stays on top cuz he's greedy as all hell haha.

And as for the Alox, I'm stoked you got a great deal. That rarely happens, so feel special :thumbup:

I agree with you Quiet in regards to the SAK, they are simple perfection and everyone should give one a try:thumbup:

I really like the simplicity of this EDC kit, all in a small back pocket sheath from Redbeardo;)

GEC Scout, Black SAK Pioneer and Maratac AAA light...Covers pretty much all the bases:)

2955.jpg

zm2l.jpg

Spyderco Manix 2 Foliage Green CTS-XHP sprint
Lionsteel Opera Cocobolo
Olight M10 Maverick
Leatherman Piranha
Fisher Space Pen Trekker.

Already have my first scratch on it so I can now park it anywhere with no worries! I think it'll be parked in my pocket for quite some time.
KLmQ8XZ.jpg

Carrying two today... my normal EDC mini grip, plus my brand new Boker Anso 67 with custom scale. No need for two EDCs, but I just wanted to carry my new one around and get a feel for it. Lovely knife.

bI44Ljp.jpg

Attachments

• bI44Ljp.jpg
    bI44Ljp.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 39
Love that IWB Sheath! Very cool username too!

Thank you! That was actually right front pocket carry. If I put it iwb I'm dropping the clip down to the last hole. Need a bit more sheath sticking out so I can get a full grip while drawing.

I have been carrying this Puma for a few days now and its a top little knife. Its heavy for its size and with a bit of a strop it gets very sharp.
019.jpg

Wow,you folks posted some gems today ! Just wanted to say thanks for the seriously nice eye candy.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back