EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

A few snail trails......

jH3e2bFl.jpg

On Micarta Monday, in the aftermath of distributing new uniforms to the 60 or so kids in my basketball club, I had a number of large boxes to slay. Heavy corrugated cardboard makes great fodder for the Russian fireplace, especially in quantity, as it produces considerable heat, followed up by a wood fire, pushing that through the steel firebox and baffles to the masonry shell that helps keep us warm. I've always liked a good slicing folder for cutting down conventional boxes, running down the corners, slicing the tape, and creating four foldable sections to feed into the 3-foot firebox.

korzu7T.jpg

I grabbed the 6- and 8-foot-long cartons remaining from my rail replacement project that have been hanging around the shop to cut up and burn as well, but they proved a bit too laborious to cut cut lengthwise with my large 21 Insingo before feeding through the 3-foot Pexto stomp shear.

z8Bm1Vb.jpg

KjJ9KpM.jpg

I ended up reverting to the aptly-named box-cutter for those.

DLT Mail call ! :D
I’m very fortunate to live in a state we’re it’s legal to carry auto’s :thumbsup: Had a few in my EDC rotation over the years but it’s been a while and figured I’d exercise my right.
I’m happier then a Cowboy with a new hat right now :) What a beautiful knife that fires hard and this thing is solid. Beautiful craftsmanship and wouldn’t expect anything less from Pro-tec and the display box is impressive it’s changed over the years since the last one I bought or at least with this model.Outstanding grind and laser sharp and it even came with a hand made titanium pocket clip. I love my striders and haven’t had one in a few years so figured why not get the best of both world and that it is! Protec nailed it with this Strider it even has the same feel in hand that I remember with my last Strider locked in and comfy. Thank you DLT for sending me a stellar example.
Pro-Tec Strider SnG Auto :thumbsup:
MzGFUdv.jpg

Going threw inspections giving me the green light :)
SGiSNAf.jpg

kjV6kGE.jpg

RnluDjx.jpg

and this is why i try to stay out of these threads. i just ordered a GEC 12 and 97. gee, thanks a lot. :rolleyes::D

EDIT: this is an EDC thread. i will add some pics if they make the cut (pun intended?).

Last edited:
and this is why i try to stay out of these threads. i just ordered a GEC 12 and 97. gee, thanks a lot. :rolleyes::D

EDIT: this is an EDC thread. i will add some pics if they make the cut (pun intended?).
Great choices :thumbsup:

Back