EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Two-tone Tuesday!

EEBTR4b.jpg

I typically buy the production version of a custom if it is available before ordering a custom just because I am picky and I don't want to not like a fully custom knife. That part has nothing to do with money.

As for the addiction... the nice thing is.. for the most part.. if you buy good knives, even with light use, you can always sell them for a decent % of what you paid.

Some guys don't tell their wives what the blades cost. Im lucky enough to have a lady that supports the hobby fully and that is helped by her "hobby" of designer shoes and bags that cost more than my most expensive knives. In hindsight I'm not sure that makes me lucky afterall.........

Back on topic, here's a production custom and I'll definitely be getting one of his customs one day.

j5xN42p.jpg

Thanks for the info, the Viper is an attractive alternative and a little more within my comfort zone.

This must happen to everyone at first, but I scroll through this thread every day and keep jotting down knives I “gotta have”. If I had all these “gotta haves”, I’d be divorced, broke and living in the street.

I’m hoping with time and patience, I’ll settle in and learn enough to make intelligent, considered purchases moving forward?

Or should I just start keeping an eye out for a nice, lightly used XL refrigerator box before winter sets in?

Lol, at least I’ll be able to cut out some really nice windows.

Hump Day carry will be these 2 again.
Didn’t have a chance to test out the Delica cruwear today but put the Sheepdog through a few tasks. Cut around 8 pieces of rope off a reel very very thick rope and it cut threw it like a laser and just a couple of thick plastic tie downs were also like nothing for it. That’s one of the many things I love about a Emerson grind. Normally I’ll just hit my knives with some green compound on my leather-strop block each night When they get used during the day just to keep the edge up and they very rarely need the edge pro or sharp maker. But I think I’m going to let this one go a few days of use to test out the edge on this S35vn longevity .So far with some light use today it still can push cut receipt paper and feels very sharp.
rZIFvcU.jpg

I typically buy the production version of a custom if it is available before ordering a custom just because I am picky and I don't want to not like a fully custom knife. That part has nothing to do with money.

As for the addiction... the nice thing is.. for the most part.. if you buy good knives, even with light use, you can always sell them for a decent % of what you paid.

Some guys don't tell their wives what the blades cost. Im lucky enough to have a lady that supports the hobby fully and that is helped by her "hobby" of designer shoes and bags that cost more than my most expensive knives. In hindsight I'm not sure that makes me lucky afterall.........

Back on topic, here's a production custom and I'll definitely be getting one of his customs one day.

j5xN42p.jpg

I've really wanted one of the mini busters. Looks like such a cool knife.

I didn't mean to imply that I was somehow displeased with having to do that work on my 111 and NeOn (largest, smallest in my earlier post) only that I went ahead and did it to great effect. Eventually, most every knife I own goes through disassembly, interior cleaning/polishing, and re-lube anyway. Neither knife was ever "stiff", just not as free as I'd like and not getting there on its own. I have observed that quite a few bearing flipper knives--especially those and others from across the pond--have too much blackish, gunky grease in them, retarding their action.

Anyway, our exchange has gotten me to make this a Pocket Sword Shiro Saturday and carry my 111 to the grocery store, getting an odd look from a woman who watched me cut a coupon before heading into the self-checkout line.

G6NJF9C.jpg

ES73WWV.jpg
Such a beauty, I didn't even see the logo at first!

Bugout vs Watu shootout today with both in my pocket (unusual for me). I got the Watu yesterday and I'm curious to see how it stacks up. Very similar specs on paper, very different blade shapes and ergos in hand. Locks ... meh, aside from the muscle memory from frequent Axis lock use I doubt it will make a difference to me.

Back