1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Weasipoint

Weasipoint Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 8, 2019
    @thefrank is that a lighter in top left of the picture? Really classy setup all around!!

2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Two-tone Tuesday!

[​IMG]

3. myowngod

myowngod Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I typically buy the production version of a custom if it is available before ordering a custom just because I am picky and I don't want to not like a fully custom knife. That part has nothing to do with money.

As for the addiction... the nice thing is.. for the most part.. if you buy good knives, even with light use, you can always sell them for a decent % of what you paid.

Some guys don't tell their wives what the blades cost. Im lucky enough to have a lady that supports the hobby fully and that is helped by her "hobby" of designer shoes and bags that cost more than my most expensive knives. In hindsight I'm not sure that makes me lucky afterall.........

Back on topic, here's a production custom and I'll definitely be getting one of his customs one day.

[​IMG]

4. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Hump Day carry will be these 2 again.
    Didn’t have a chance to test out the Delica cruwear today but put the Sheepdog through a few tasks. Cut around 8 pieces of rope off a reel very very thick rope and it cut threw it like a laser and just a couple of thick plastic tie downs were also like nothing for it. That’s one of the many things I love about a Emerson grind. Normally I’ll just hit my knives with some green compound on my leather-strop block each night When they get used during the day just to keep the edge up and they very rarely need the edge pro or sharp maker. But I think I’m going to let this one go a few days of use to test out the edge on this S35vn longevity .So far with some light use today it still can push cut receipt paper and feels very sharp.
    [​IMG]

5. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Thank you! And yes, that is a Douglass Neo 3 brass lighter.

6. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Bandit with Inkosi for Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

7. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I've really wanted one of the mini busters. Looks like such a cool knife.

8. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Nice edc set up, from the knife to the pen to the Torch, all beautiful!

9. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    I have to go to the city tomorrow :(

[​IMG]

10. FrannaM

FrannaM

Jan 29, 2020
    How do you like the Douk Douk? Always wanted to try one because they are so cheap. Is it a good slicer?

11. pehota

pehota Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

12. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Such a beauty, I didn't even see the logo at first!

13. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    It clearly shows Yamaha, y r u b1tching!

14. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    [​IMG]

15. psquared

psquared

Aug 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

Bugout vs Watu shootout today with both in my pocket (unusual for me). I got the Watu yesterday and I'm curious to see how it stacks up. Very similar specs on paper, very different blade shapes and ergos in hand. Locks ... meh, aside from the muscle memory from frequent Axis lock use I doubt it will make a difference to me.

16. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I recently go Douk-Douk and I fell in love with it. It is absolute monster slicer, cutting through big piles of cardboards like laser! On top of that it's a great food knife.

17. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    4CDAEC02-F1AE-4810-9F47-7D3527662E9A.jpeg

18. FrannaM

FrannaM

Jan 29, 2020
    Dammit, now I have to buy one :D Thanks.

19. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in the pocket with this little Puma 4 Star in stag.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG]