EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

5qvnQZw.jpg

Spyderco Kevin Smock Folding Knife 3.45" M-390 Satin Plain Blade, Red G10 Handles
View attachment 1441496
Aren’t these Smocks Awesome! Like the red lynch on yours. I’m running a stonewash now I believe on mine but just ordered a satin so it will blend better with the flats on the blade:thumbsup:
What a great knife that brings me a lot of enjoyment in all areas.

Started the day putzin’ around the yard with the RMJ Sparrow while it was still reasonably cool outside.

Lol, just to clarify; “cool” where I live simply means anything other than “ball-drenching, wicked-ass HOT”. Overnight we dropped into the 70s....this morning it was in the low 80s. Our first cold front of the season.
BsBasvT.jpg
DIvh78Y.jpg

I've
Started the day putzin’ around the yard with the RMJ Sparrow while it was still reasonably cool outside.

Lol, just to clarify; “cool” where I live simply means anything other than “ball-drenching, wicked-ass HOT”. Overnight we dropped into the 70s....this morning it was in the low 80s. Our first cold front of the season.
BsBasvT.jpg
DIvh78Y.jpg
Eyeballed this blade on and off for a while. How is the edge retention and ease of sharpening on Nitro-V?

Yesterday, I was at a hospital for an "onboarding" appt. The HR person brought me to Employee Health for the drug test, and I was immediately told to empty my pockets.
Everything?
Yup, just put it all right there.
<Shrug> Out came the phone, wallet (with CountyComm 4" Widgy), copper pen, keys, and...
View attachment 1441840
If I'd known I had to empty my pockets, I probably would have left the fixed blade in my car...

I use the same system heh. My boys actually picked the Arius i carried yesterday.

Just got them Victorinox toy knives and we're building some Spyderco glow in the dark toy kits this weekend. Trying to get them interested at a young age so the collection is appreciated when I pass it on.

View attachment 1440508

Gotta love it. A lot of times I’ll pick three and have him pick one out of those. Good times. He calls it going to daddy’s treasure chest :D
View attachment 1440524

My son is also 4 and loves going through all my knives with me. I got him one of those Victorinox toy knives for his birthday last week and he loves it. He said it was his favorite gift ever. As for picking knives, I do the same thing with 3 options for the day and he picks which knife should I carry. I love seeing his excitement.

I have to work with him though...I got a Backpacker Pro in yesterday which I was hoping to sneak into the collection unnoticed but instead when the box came in, he tells my wife "I bet daddy got a new knife". . . . Of course he was right.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post a picture for a couple weeks now. I keep getting an error message...."Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Reloading the page and restarting my phone hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

I've

Eyeballed this blade on and off for a while. How is the edge retention and ease of sharpening on Nitro-V?

I’m fairly new to knives, so rather than trying to “fake it ‘til I make it” I’ll just be brutally honest.....I haven’t got a clue. I’m just starting to learn about sharpening, and none of my knives have been worked hard enough for me to notice a diminished edge.

Sorry, wish I could offer more input....I just ain’t there yet.

I’m fairly new to knives, so rather than trying to “fake it ‘til I make it” I’ll just be brutally honest.....I haven’t got a clue. I’m just starting to learn about sharpening, and none of my knives have been worked hard enough for me to notice a diminished edge.

Sorry, wish I could offer more input....I just ain’t there yet.
No worries man. Thanks for the reply.

Back