EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

cinCh2w.jpg

This morning it's my large 31 NM as I futz around the house and head over to our upstairs gym to work out, having gone to an every-other-day schedule for that as I've been putting in a lot of time on the furnace project. USPS brought me the Jekyll to Hyde backspacer yesterday, I got that installed, cleaned the grease out of the knife, re-lubed with W10 NanoOil, and tied up a lanyard with the new cord and the small NM bead which I lightly sanded to more closely match the knife's inlays.

J0pHARk.jpg

GP6k3Xi.jpg

I really like this addition to the knife and the way it adds a more usable lanyard attachment without closing the back of the knife significantly. I got it in bright, machine finish to match the 31's hardware. Nice work, @bhyde!

IsH5F6n.jpg

I'll switch up knives for this afternoon as I rework and re-install the furnace smoke pipe with a 4-to-5 inch adaptor, the 31 and I still being in honeymoon stage.

Maybe I'm weird, but I absolutely love seeing pics of CRKs that are beat to hell!

You're not alone. I love how CRKs wear. They wear scars well.

I love how the wear also. Can’t beat it. I love beating my CRKs to hell as well. They’re built for work and they do it pretty well. They’ll take anything you can throw at them. All of mine are users expect for one that I’ve been trying to get rid of for what seems like three years that no one else wants ha

@ChazzyP this May sound odd but I hate the honeymoon stage with my CRKs. Hear me out tho. I like getting that first big scratch on the blade and the snail trails going. I can relax and enjoy the knife more. Don’t have to worry about babying it anymore. I like to get to that stage where it doesn’t really matter what happens to the knife and your not that cautious.

The other day I was on a ladder and I can’t fully remember the situation but throwing my Inkosi was the plan I came up with :D Still can’t recall what it was but throwing my $500 knife off of a ladder was what happened. I didn’t flinch. That’s the stage that I like to be at

My son is also 4 and loves going through all my knives with me. I got him one of those Victorinox toy knives for his birthday last week and he loves it. He said it was his favorite gift ever. As for picking knives, I do the same thing with 3 options for the day and he picks which knife should I carry. I love seeing his excitement.

I have to work with him though...I got a Backpacker Pro in yesterday which I was hoping to sneak into the collection unnoticed but instead when the box came in, he tells my wife "I bet daddy got a new knife". . . . Of course he was right.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post a picture for a couple weeks now. I keep getting an error message...."Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Reloading the page and restarting my phone hasn't worked. Any suggestions?
Man that is awesome. Mine will pick and grind my coffee for me also. At times he’ll pick which boots I wear to work, helps clean and mink oil them also. Really can’t say much else other than the little fella is my best friend.
I took him to work with me the other day. That was a whole new experience in itself. Good times tho. Didn’t get much done, but good times

The other day I was on a ladder and I can’t fully remember the situation but throwing my Inkosi was the plan I came up with :D Still can’t recall what it was but throwing my $500 knife off of a ladder was what happened. I didn’t flinch. That’s the stage that I like to be at

I dropped mine on the floor in the garage last night and shat my pants. Fortunately only a very small scuff on one corner. Oh well, guess that is why it is good to have more than one.

Last edited:
Back