EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

@TheFactor

I had a SB Harsey...

To be honest, in my humble opinion...it was the size of a Sebenza, but felt a lot heavier...not sure if it actually is. Ergo’s were off for me, and as Kmikaz3 Kmikaz3 said...lack of refinement. I didnt prefer the action over the Sebenza. Others milage may very...which is the cool part about this hobby. :)
I must say tho, it is a sexy looking blade. :)

5encaN5.jpg

Killer photo, man. Some nice items there.
I like it so much...here is a homage...
82D43829-5D2B-4C28-B72E-AA3EB9C4ED13.jpeg

Carrying a classic, today.

rnSdIMC.jpg

My CRKT/Lightfoot M1. At the time I bought it, $80 was a lot for me, but I was infatuated with Greg Lightfoot's knives. Comparing it to the price of his customs made it easier to talk myself into, and it checked all the boxes for my late-teens self. I still do like the occasional Oper8tor knife, but I've gone from this to carrying an Alox most of the time.

I was some kind of lucky, because Columbia River had the same inconsistent heat treat back then, but I got a good one! Years after I bought it, I carried this as the first knife when I started a job in aggregates processing. It's cut rope, cardboard, plastic drain hose, conveyor belt skirting, and held an edge far better than anything with an alphabet soup steel would be expected to. It's not pretty, but it's mine, and those $80 were some of the best ones I've ever spent on a knife.

Back