EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Today's pair: Sheepdog and Kendo. :)

t3wPyFq.jpg

Happy Friday! I was inspired by the plethora of CRK pics.

View attachment 1442463

Is that the Maggassar inlay? I picked up one of those too. Beauties. It’s crazy how different each Maggassar inlay is. Very nice, Sir.

On second look...it appears to be bog oak?
Either way...a beauty!

Is that the Maggassar inlay? I picked up one of those too. Beauties. It’s crazy how different each Maggassar inlay is. Very nice, Sir.

Ty sir! This is actually the bog oak. It looks vanilla in pictures but the grain looks amazing in person. I was able to get this one secondhand with detailed pictures and had to have it. CRK does inlays well!

122259355_270822637564684_6113497133907437571_n.jpg

Would anyone else love to see a tool steel Sebenza? Worn scales and a blade with a nice patina!
I could go for that
I get where you're comin' from, D, and certainly appreciate that attitude. I've got a couple dozen knives to rotate as work users, ranging from high-value pieces like several each of my Shiros, CRKs, RHKs, and others, down into the the Spyderco, ZT, and Benchmade range. Those knives get used pretty hard when needed and bear the scratches, scuffs, and trails to show it.

On the other hand, I enjoy the honeymoon period with lots of my newer knives. While some go right into the work rotation, others get carried and used more lightly at first, gradually picking up wear or that first scratch with many of them transitioning to work knives. I like to have some that I keep nice while still using them without accumulating drawer queens, a fair number of which have been sold off while others have made the transition to harder use. That first scratch or scuff usually doesn't bother me much anymore as it just means more opportunities for carry and use.

I've got the new 31 with me again today and, as a certifiable geezer who's out on job sites way less than he used to be, I have more occasion to carry it and keep it initially nice until it assumes greater responsibilities. :);)

dAgEv6P.jpg

jTnMV5o.jpg
Congrats on that new 31 btw. Looks real good. I’m really liking those new inlays. I always preferred the way the Inkosi inlays looked compared to the 21s.

I fully understand keeping a few nice. I have one, a box elder/raindrop 21 that doesn’t see job sites. I understand people with safe queens also. I tried to do it for a while but it’s just not for me. My enjoyment is this hobby is from use. I have a lot of respect for people who can do safe queens. I end up like a kid at Christmas and the temptation to carry and use finally takes over.

Back