EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Wow didn't know about that one! I love the green!

2. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    I just turned 44 the other day, so I'm carrying my 1976 Wenger Soldier alongside the new Benchmade 550-1 Griptilian.
    20201023_112254_HDR_copy_1006x755.jpg

3. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Brian Tighe auto

4. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you Sir for your straight forward and honest review it’s much appreciated. I must say the ones you have are absolutely beautiful and I’m glad you were able to dial them in. I agree at that price point though you shouldn’t have to do that much dialing imo. They have as I mentioned a new release the 3.25 Harsey in s45vn priced at 395.00 .There was only one partial review/unveiling I could find and it was positive but could of been a little bias because it was a well known you tuber that just received one straight from the maker with a hand written note from him.He’s normally pretty honest but again could of been sugar coating this one a little out of respect for the owner/maker.

Retired UPS Driver and Zeroedin like this.
  5. Kmikaz3

Kmikaz3 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2019

If you really like it, i would say go for it, ymmv. It still a really well-built American made knife backed by military background!

I was able to dealt with most issue on the first day i got it and still enjoy the knife. S45vn is sure appealing tho. ;)

6. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    It's not a vortex, it's a Sig Romeo 5 XDR predator.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Retired UPS Driver and Mainerd like this.
  7. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Olamic Whippersnapper Sheepsfoot and Vero Fulcrum in tandem today.

They make a sweet couple.

[​IMG]

9. josiahg52

josiahg52 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 5, 2012
    That is unfortunate to hear. This one has been on my list for some time.

10. Kmikaz3

Aug 28, 2019
    It is still a good knife made for hard use! Just a bit lacking in F&F and bit overpriced for s35vn/ti with the lack of refinement. But like i said your might vary!

This guy here has most of my issues as well but i think the problem here is inconsistency.

11. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry

Aug 11, 2020
    My bad, it looks like the Vortex I used to run.

12. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry

Aug 11, 2020
    I love Victorinox, and always wanted a Grip!!

Retired UPS Driver and Smaug like this.
  13. Zeroedin

Zeroedin Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Viper Lille riding shotgun for a quick supermarket run. The weekend doesn’t really start until the fridge & freezer are fully stocked with game day provisions..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    It was for me too!
    Me too, though I have to admit that if I carry just one knife, it will be a SAK. ;-)

I probably have 50 SAKs. This is my 2nd Griptilian; the other is the basic Mini Grip. By the way, I just wrote a review of the 550-1 Griptilian over in the reviews forum. Check it out if you want.

15. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I get where you're comin' from, D, and certainly appreciate that attitude. I've got a couple dozen knives to rotate as work users, ranging from high-value pieces like several each of my Shiros, CRKs, RHKs, and others, down into the the Spyderco, ZT, and Benchmade range. Those knives get used pretty hard when needed and bear the scratches, scuffs, and trails to show it.

On the other hand, I enjoy the honeymoon period with lots of my newer knives. While some go right into the work rotation, others get carried and used more lightly at first, gradually picking up wear or that first scratch with many of them transitioning to work knives. I like to have some that I keep nice while still using them without accumulating drawer queens, a fair number of which have been sold off while others have made the transition to harder use. That first scratch or scuff usually doesn't bother me much anymore as it just means more opportunities for carry and use.

I've got the new 31 with me again today and, as a certifiable geezer who's out on job sites way less than he used to be, I have more occasion to carry it and keep it initially nice until it assumes greater responsibilities. :);)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2019
  17. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    they are shipping to dealers currently and just dropped from Spyderco, now in FFG also :thumbsup:. not much more than the old pac salts either price wise :cool:
    44A94F33-9C3A-48CC-BF54-C085C555E6E3.jpeg

18. Kmikaz3

Aug 28, 2019
  19. ginshun

ginshun

Apr 6, 2004
  20. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018