EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

P4fIxz5.jpg

Beautiful Knives!

Yes, a comparison shot would be very helpful. I've been very tempted by Le Pocket but concerned that the size might be a little small for my med/large hands. I don't want to be gripping onto the lock release portion that the blade closes into...

It’s late and we just returned from an event, so I apologize for the lousy shots...but this should give you a fair idea of the size difference between the 10cm “Pocket” and 12cm “Gentleman”. In all honesty though, pics don’t really convey the overall difference. When you start taking into account the heft, thickness and general feel the “Gentleman” just seems huge in the hand compared to the Pocket.

I tossed a ZT 0450 into the mix for reference, which I guess most would consider a fairly small knife; so it’s not like the Gentleman is a whopper. If you’re concerned the Pocket may be too small, hopefully the comparison will help you decide.
fA30L1u.jpg
E2dJHC6.jpg
v8QZJGg.jpg

And one of the Gentleman in hand. For reference, my hands are about average for a 6’1 guy on the lean side. Not big enough to truly palm a basketball without cheating a bit.
mUrXym1.jpg

Hope that helps some. Regards.

I started the day giving the newly acquired Viper Turn its due turn in the rotation:
vs2IywW.jpg

As it turned out, I arrived home just in time to meet my friendly FedEx delivery guy on his way up my driveway. It seems I’ve grown quite fond of these Le Thiers, so I thought I’d try out a “Gentleman” model to see how it compares to my “Pocket” version.

I opted for the stabilized burled beech end-grain handle for this one. My hasty pics don’t do it justice, but the wood is absolutely beautiful and has a lot of character. Very pleased with the decision:

T5AJF8B.jpg
uTpwHZA.jpg

For anyone familiar or interested in these knives, the additional 2cm the “Gentleman” boasts over the “Pocket” version (12cm vs 10cm) makes a world of difference. This is a big-ass knife, although I realize size is relative and very subjective. If anyone’s interested, I’ll post a comparison shot when I have a bit more time.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded post. The bottom line is I’m making a late afternoon swap to the new arrival, hopefully with some better pics down the road.
x068xDW.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks!

Excellent post. Nice knives!

First experience of a Rockstead —

View attachment 1492378

Shout out to @The Aflac Duck for making it possible! Hope everyone’s having a great weekend so far!

Shaweeet!

Makes me happy to see it has a good home:cool:

This just landed today.

ahZlVDj.jpg

New Zealand in the house.

Another beautiful edge. Nice work.

Back