EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

S2sE83rh.jpg

Went for a walk with the Astor this morning...

lJoBp0m.jpg

...and will be pairing it with the Ritual for the rest of the day. :)

tnFPqUC.jpg

Nice! That CRKT is impressive! I see Kershaw is coming out with some larger folders in the new line up as well. Pretty cool :thumbsup:

The Astor is one I've had my eyes on just can’t decide to go CF or G10. I know the CF is a laminate which i don't mind if its done well like Spydercos.

AF9126ED-C00D-487C-A390-65B490CC6DC8.jpeg
And Another pic of today’s carry:cool:

The Astor is one I've had my eyes on just can’t decide to go CF or G10. I know the CF is a laminate which i don't mind if its done well like Spydercos.

The CF/G10 laminate is done well, but it's a nearly-smooth texture that kind of looks like a sticker. Still nice, but I prefer the texture and look of the Spyderco Canis (also CF/G10) or, say, the look of full CF on a Benchmade or ZT.

In practical terms, it feels good and pockets nicely -- and the look is growing on me. :)

It’s late and we just returned from an event, so I apologize for the lousy shots...but this should give you a fair idea of the size difference between the 10cm “Pocket” and 12cm “Gentleman”. In all honesty though, pics don’t really convey the overall difference. When you start taking into account the heft, thickness and general feel the “Gentleman” just seems huge in the hand compared to the Pocket.

I tossed a ZT 0450 into the mix for reference, which I guess most would consider a fairly small knife; so it’s not like the Gentleman is a whopper. If you’re concerned the Pocket may be too small, hopefully the comparison will help you decide.
fA30L1u.jpg
E2dJHC6.jpg
v8QZJGg.jpg

And one of the Gentleman in hand. For reference, my hands are about average for a 6’1 guy on the lean side. Not big enough to truly palm a basketball without cheating a bit.
mUrXym1.jpg

Hope that helps some. Regards.

Big thanks for taking the time to follow up and post the detail and pic’s. I think I’m veering towards the Pocket. Especially as, comparing with the ZT you can just about get a good grip.

That spalted Beech is beautiful though!

P.S. Even if I had hands the size of dinner plates I’d still be the last person picked off of the sideline (after the polishing machine...!).

Sunday afternoon sweatpants carry for fidgeting fun while watching football.

Pardon the excessive pics, I just figure this one doesn’t get seen too often. Plus, I’m a lifelong Steelers fan and my fantasy team won exactly one game this season, so I’m not overly vested in the game....although Mahomes is always a joy to watch.

Anyway, MKM Viper Timavo (#25 of 100). Really diggin’ this one:
jHq7PPY.jpg
lFbn1xp.jpg
ztOddUn.jpg
98moOOI.jpg

Last edited:
Back