EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Duzitchsum Ideas, Chip?

16148700227670.jpg

I'm considering one of these or the police for a "nicer" carry option. My K390 Police 4 Lightweight is outstanding. Wondering how I would like the pakkawood.
Pakkawood is pretty similar to the Dymond Wood on my Crooked River and North Fork in case you've had a BMK with that. One article I read said they were the same stuff, though I've also read that Dymond is dyed birch while some have described Pakka as "mahogany", in quotes as almost everything so called is something else.

Anyway, the Pakkawood is laminated and resin infused as you probably know. My three--Delica, Endura, Police--all were more matte than my BMKs and were frankly kinda meh at first, but the wood quickly took on more luster as they picked up oil from my hands. While I prefer the real thing like ironwood, bocote, or cocobolo, I'm well pleased with my Pakkawood Spydies and am glad to have them.

One more note here is that I asked Knifecenter to pick out handles for me with as much straight grain as possible and a good balance of light and dark as I don't care for that mostly black, swirly look. I also asked for reasonably consistent and not too low laminate lines. I like doing business with KC and they've always been accommodating and quick to ship.

qNk22sb.jpg

UVbBAds.jpg

Back