1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Do I win a free knife for guessing the right reason it was closed????

2. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    I know, I know......:eek: I need to get off my duff and reup already....lol :D Makes me look like a newb.....

3. Menace

Menace

Feb 1, 2007
    Soooo, I have what can be described as a beer belly, I shave my head and I have a goatee, and I like playing with my izula while I watch TV...should I be offended?:D

I'm just joking around with you, I most definitely use my knives, but after reading this post I had to go shut the blinds and turn out the lights, fearing you might be posting from behind the bushes in my front yard.:D

4. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Ok, now that was funny. I about dropped my new unused ESEE5, but my big belly stopped the fall. Now what did I miss on tv?

Moose

5. Magus

Magus

Sep 10, 2010
    LMAO! I just put the binoculars down just now. I won't tell everyone you wear Spongebob Squarepants boxers...it's our secret....oh wait. :D

6. bladerique

bladerique

Aug 31, 2010
    I've read Mike's explanation [he'd like to have a wide-ranging forum], and at first it made sense to me - after all, ESEE is more than a blade company, as they are in the wilderness education business. But on the other hand, if ESEE can can have that kind of forum, wouldn't every other knife company ask for the same thing? If granted or not, wouldn't that create a kind of forum fustercluck?

7. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    Yes I did. He can't spell worth a damn and it's annoying.

Not really, we were discussing sheath materials, kydex vs injection molded. He said in all their testing, injection molded sheaths (their sheaths, not all of them) were much more durable than kydex and that if it weren't for mold costs, all the sheaths would be kydex. When what he meant was "all sheaths would be injection molded". I quoted him and changed it. We've discussed it many times and I knew what he meant and thought I'd eliminate some confusion for some who hadn't seen the topic before.

He then replied "Thanks for correcting that. Sorry, I'm in a fight right now." Not saying it's related at all, just explaining what really went down.

8. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    i blame you for all this!! :eek:

:D:p

9. RockMonkey

RockMonkey

Jan 17, 2011
    The whole reason I joined the BladeForum was so I could post pics of me getting drunk, marrying a beer bellied, bald midget, getting matching ant tattoos and throwing ESEEs in the back yard in our tactical underwear and matching 'I da HO' tee shirts. If I don't have a forum to do that in... I feel like I just don't belong anywhere. :(

I was only a day away from working up the courage to post the pics. And the ESEE forum would be the only logical place.

I didn't mean to offend any latterally challenged folks. Or turn anyone on... if I did though, PM me. ;)

10. blackcaddy90

blackcaddy90

Sep 11, 2010
    This sub forum is the only reason i frequent bf. Still dont understand why they would close the most popular sub forum but not much we can do. But i learned quite a bit from all of you guys and i say thanks for all the knowledge and the laughs!

11. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    So many contests, my recent Izula II broke them and they couldn't afford the BF industry partnership! :D

BTW, all ESEE posts will now be under the BF sub-forum called "Galt's Gulch" and before entering you must answer the questions....."Who is John Galt?"

ETA, this thread will go 10 pages before morning.

12. salvo

salvo

Mar 14, 2006
    Well it's a sad day none the less. No need to go after stereotypes, even jokingly to try to understand why the forum has closed.
    I got my Junglas in the mail today, looks like we all will have more time to thrash are knifes now!

[​IMG]

My 9 week old Rott approves!
    [​IMG]

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I was posting at the time of the closure. I had just posted that I got my new Maxpedition Falcon II. I then started to try to upload a pic of it and realized I could no longer post any more. I thought I was kicked out...lol. I really went through a range of feelings. What have I done. What will I do now...It has become a habit to frequent the ESEE sub forum...oh no:eek:

Then I saw the Sticky...ESEE forum shut down.

Really enjoy all of you and your ideas and information. I learned alot.

Patiently Wondering

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  14. mlrs

mlrs

Dec 27, 2006
    Nice knife and a good looking pup. I had one for 11 years. Best dog I have ever had. Hopefully this gets resolved. If not I will jump over to the other forum and hang out there.

mlrs

15. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    Be patient, folks, and enjoy the drama.

16. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    Lately the moving of threads has been an issue. Much respect to all BF staff for the work they do, but for example someone posts in ESEE forum "Looking for a backpack for 3-day trips" and before they get an answer it gets moved to the Gear Discussion. Call us cultists, Kool-Aid drinkers or communists, but if I post that there, I'm looking for the advice of the ESEE forum members because we have a community based on not ESEE knives, but outdoor skills and a similar mindset (many of us).

BF is BF and it's a great forum with it's own rules, so if they can't bend on stuff like that, that's kind of a bummer.

17. Albin

Albin

Aug 31, 2001
    Jeez, I'm gone a day and the only real reason I come to BF.com is for the ESEE guys and their shenanigans (however you spell that).

What the fork are we supposed to do now?

18. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    The picture of my Maxpedition Falcon II

[​IMG]

19. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i was going to post my lite machete vs. junglas vs. becker patrol machete over there but i guess you guys can just read it from the source...mine starts at post #33. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9440414&posted=1#post9440414

and yeah, if your knives are un-used or one of those obsessed with color coordination please stay away from the becker forum too :eek::D:p i don't want ethan closing up and moving somewhere too.

20. Flexxx

Flexxx Banned BANNED

Dec 11, 2010
    Can I get a BK2 in pink?

don't bring this over to the BK area.....

Bummer about the Esee forum, some good people over there, Jeff and Mike are my hero's :thumbup::thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.