ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the price of a gain in popularity is that you're going to have the doofus factor go up and get an influx of mall ninjas and guys with beer bellys, shaved heads and goatees who never do more than fondle their ESEE knife while sitting on the couch watching TV thinking what tough guys they are. I saw a huge spike in that after the Shot Show...and quite honestly it's why I became a bit less active in the ESEE forum...it got annoying to me. So from that perspective....I truly do understand. I'm not saying that's what Jeff is thinking....I don't know the man...I can only speculate and read between the lines.

Soooo, I have what can be described as a beer belly, I shave my head and I have a goatee, and I like playing with my izula while I watch TV...should I be offended?:D

I'm just joking around with you, I most definitely use my knives, but after reading this post I had to go shut the blinds and turn out the lights, fearing you might be posting from behind the bushes in my front yard.:D

Soooo, I have what can be described as a beer belly, I shave my head and I have a goatee, and I like playing with my izula while I watch TV...should I be offended?:D

I'm just joking around with you, I most definitely use my knives, but after reading this post I had to go shut the blinds and turn out the lights, fearing you might be posting from behind the bushes in my front yard.:D

Ok, now that was funny. I about dropped my new unused ESEE5, but my big belly stopped the fall. Now what did I miss on tv?

Moose

LMAO! I just put the binoculars down just now. I won't tell everyone you wear Spongebob Squarepants boxers...it's our secret....oh wait. :D

I've read Mike's explanation [he'd like to have a wide-ranging forum], and at first it made sense to me - after all, ESEE is more than a blade company, as they are in the wilderness education business. But on the other hand, if ESEE can can have that kind of forum, wouldn't every other knife company ask for the same thing? If granted or not, wouldn't that create a kind of forum fustercluck?

Someone busted JR's balls about spelling? What thread was that?

Anyway, the ESEE forum was a good one and I'm sorry to see it go.

Yes I did. He can't spell worth a damn and it's annoying.

Not really, we were discussing sheath materials, kydex vs injection molded. He said in all their testing, injection molded sheaths (their sheaths, not all of them) were much more durable than kydex and that if it weren't for mold costs, all the sheaths would be kydex. When what he meant was "all sheaths would be injection molded". I quoted him and changed it. We've discussed it many times and I knew what he meant and thought I'd eliminate some confusion for some who hadn't seen the topic before.

He then replied "Thanks for correcting that. Sorry, I'm in a fight right now." Not saying it's related at all, just explaining what really went down.

Yes I did. He can't spell worth a damn and it's annoying.

Not really, we were discussing sheath materials, kydex vs injection molded. He said in all their testing, injection molded sheaths (their sheaths, not all of them) were much more durable than kydex and that if it weren't for mold costs, all the sheaths would be kydex. When what he meant was "all sheaths would be injection molded". I quoted him and changed it. We've discussed it many times and I knew what he meant and thought I'd eliminate some confusion for some who hadn't seen the topic before.

He then replied "Thanks for correcting that. Sorry, I'm in a fight right now." Not saying it's related at all, just explaining what really went down.

i blame you for all this!! :eek:

:D:p

The whole reason I joined the BladeForum was so I could post pics of me getting drunk, marrying a beer bellied, bald midget, getting matching ant tattoos and throwing ESEEs in the back yard in our tactical underwear and matching 'I da HO' tee shirts. If I don't have a forum to do that in... I feel like I just don't belong anywhere. :(

I was only a day away from working up the courage to post the pics. And the ESEE forum would be the only logical place.

I didn't mean to offend any latterally challenged folks. Or turn anyone on... if I did though, PM me. ;)

This sub forum is the only reason i frequent bf. Still dont understand why they would close the most popular sub forum but not much we can do. But i learned quite a bit from all of you guys and i say thanks for all the knowledge and the laughs!

i blame you for all this!! :eek:

:D:p

So many contests, my recent Izula II broke them and they couldn't afford the BF industry partnership! :D

BTW, all ESEE posts will now be under the BF sub-forum called "Galt's Gulch" and before entering you must answer the questions....."Who is John Galt?"

ETA, this thread will go 10 pages before morning.

Well it's a sad day none the less. No need to go after stereotypes, even jokingly to try to understand why the forum has closed.
I got my Junglas in the mail today, looks like we all will have more time to thrash are knifes now!

IMG_9052.jpg

My 9 week old Rott approves!
IMG_9054.jpg

I was posting at the time of the closure. I had just posted that I got my new Maxpedition Falcon II. I then started to try to upload a pic of it and realized I could no longer post any more. I thought I was kicked out...lol. I really went through a range of feelings. What have I done. What will I do now...It has become a habit to frequent the ESEE sub forum...oh no:eek:

Then I saw the Sticky...ESEE forum shut down.

Really enjoy all of you and your ideas and information. I learned alot.

Patiently Wondering

Last edited:
Nice knife and a good looking pup. I had one for 11 years. Best dog I have ever had. Hopefully this gets resolved. If not I will jump over to the other forum and hang out there.

mlrs

Lately the moving of threads has been an issue. Much respect to all BF staff for the work they do, but for example someone posts in ESEE forum "Looking for a backpack for 3-day trips" and before they get an answer it gets moved to the Gear Discussion. Call us cultists, Kool-Aid drinkers or communists, but if I post that there, I'm looking for the advice of the ESEE forum members because we have a community based on not ESEE knives, but outdoor skills and a similar mindset (many of us).

BF is BF and it's a great forum with it's own rules, so if they can't bend on stuff like that, that's kind of a bummer.

Jeez, I'm gone a day and the only real reason I come to BF.com is for the ESEE guys and their shenanigans (however you spell that).

What the fork are we supposed to do now?

Can I get a BK2 in pink?

don't bring this over to the BK area.....

Bummer about the Esee forum, some good people over there, Jeff and Mike are my hero's :thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back