ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately the moving of threads has been an issue. Much respect to all BF staff for the work they do, but for example someone posts in ESEE forum "Looking for a backpack for 3-day trips" and before they get an answer it gets moved to the Gear Discussion. Call us cultists, Kool-Aid drinkers or communists, but if I post that there, I'm looking for the advice of the ESEE forum members because we have a community based on not ESEE knives, but outdoor skills and a similar mindset (many of us).

BF is BF and it's a great forum with it's own rules, so if they can't bend on stuff like that, that's kind of a bummer.

You'd think that it would make sense to post gear advice requests in a subforum run by a couple of survival instructors, right? :D

I'm sure all the dust will settle with this faster than anyone expects and we can all go about our merry business. :)

i was going to post my lite machete vs. junglas vs. becker patrol machete over there but i guess you guys can just read it from the source...mine starts at post #33. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9440414&posted=1#post9440414

and yeah, if your knives are un-used or one of those obsessed with color coordination please stay away from the becker forum too :eek::D:p i don't want ethan closing up and moving somewhere too.

Excellent review. You confirmed my assumptions.

Well it's a sad day none the less. No need to go after stereotypes, even jokingly to try to understand why the forum has closed.
I got my Junglas in the mail today, looks like we all will have more time to thrash are knifes now!

IMG_9052.jpg

My 9 week old Rott approves!
IMG_9054.jpg

There are no sad days that involve posting a picture of a pup that beautiful.

No, I don't have a weak spot for Rottweilers, why do you ask. :eek:

You'd think that it would make sense to post gear advice requests in a subforum run by a couple of survival instructors, right? :D

Maybe the ESEE forum would benefit from a "Cantina" style sub-forum where the ESEE fans could discuss the gear that they intend to use to strap their knives to.

pete

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I have read the explanation on the jungletraining site, but how could jeff just up and have the forum closed like that? Rediculus, and reminds me of what happened with RYP.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I have read the explanation on the jungletraining site, but how could jeff just up and have the forum closed like that? Rediculus, and reminds me of what happened with RYP.

There isn't one similarity between this situation and the RYP situation. Notta one.

ESEE FORUM CLOSED? :eek::eek::eek:

WTH? :eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

what the heck happened? (i just got off work).

whats next? BECKER/KABAR or SPYDERCO? nuke em all!

BladeForums must be under attack by TERRORISTS!

All Canadians on the Canadian SubForum, FALL BACK to THE BUSH LAB or ENTER THE WILD WITHIN, we're under attack.

Last edited:
There isn't one similarity between this situation and the RYP situation. Notta one.

Well the both ended with a forum closing :cool:

Just kidding, but seriously...I think its best for both paties.

On one hand ESEE just wants full control and be allowed to operate as its own community including off topic posts, not an outrageous request. On the other hand, if you allow it for one group you have to allow it for all. I can see that getting messy and taking away from the quality of the general forum. The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced the split is a good thing.

well I'm apalled! Then I try to register "over there" and find that registration is disabled. I would think that would hint at the mass exodus of people trying to get back with their people (and it really is a community within a community, and a strange lot you all are!) that it overran them. I hope it's not that and a massive plot just to exclude me!

well I'm apalled! Then I try to register "over there" and find that registration is disabled. I would think that would hint at the mass exodus of people trying to get back with their people (and it really is a community within a community, and a strange lot you all are!) that it overran them. I hope it's not that and a massive plot just to exclude me!

we're all out to get you. ;) might be a good time to break out the tin foil :p:thumbup:

Yeah, I was quite disappointed to see that it was disabled. I can understand it, though.

I was even more disappointed to find that my old userid from way, WAY back, when they had another, older, forum, didn't work. :( Not surprising, I guess, but disappointing.

Read the announcement about how to register. ;)

They're a little flooded with requests at the moment, though, so give them some time to activate you. I'm waiting on mine, too, if that makes you feel better. :)

What da crap i just ordered a butt load of gear that will begin to arrive tommorow and now i am not sure who will appreciate the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back