1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    You'd think that it would make sense to post gear advice requests in a subforum run by a couple of survival instructors, right? :D

I'm sure all the dust will settle with this faster than anyone expects and we can all go about our merry business. :)

2. bladerique

bladerique

Aug 31, 2010
    Excellent review. You confirmed my assumptions.

3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    There are no sad days that involve posting a picture of a pup that beautiful.

No, I don't have a weak spot for Rottweilers, why do you ask. :eek:

4. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
    Maybe the ESEE forum would benefit from a "Cantina" style sub-forum where the ESEE fans could discuss the gear that they intend to use to strap their knives to.

pete

5. nc527

nc527

Mar 22, 2009
    Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I have read the explanation on the jungletraining site, but how could jeff just up and have the forum closed like that? Rediculus, and reminds me of what happened with RYP.

6. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    There isn't one similarity between this situation and the RYP situation. Notta one.

7. RockMonkey

RockMonkey

Jan 17, 2011
    I got a new pack too!!! :D

[​IMG]

3mil on side...

[​IMG]

8. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    ESEE FORUM CLOSED? :eek::eek::eek:

WTH? :eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

what the heck happened? (i just got off work).

whats next? BECKER/KABAR or SPYDERCO? nuke em all!

BladeForums must be under attack by TERRORISTS!

All Canadians on the Canadian SubForum, FALL BACK to THE BUSH LAB or ENTER THE WILD WITHIN, we're under attack.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  9. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    Well the both ended with a forum closing :cool:

Just kidding, but seriously...I think its best for both paties.

On one hand ESEE just wants full control and be allowed to operate as its own community including off topic posts, not an outrageous request. On the other hand, if you allow it for one group you have to allow it for all. I can see that getting messy and taking away from the quality of the general forum. The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced the split is a good thing.

10. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    Agreed.

Fear not my bretheren, BF is run by good folks, I'm sure they can work something out.

11. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    agreed!

12. Nonprophet

Nonprophet

Dec 22, 2010
    well I'm apalled! Then I try to register "over there" and find that registration is disabled. I would think that would hint at the mass exodus of people trying to get back with their people (and it really is a community within a community, and a strange lot you all are!) that it overran them. I hope it's not that and a massive plot just to exclude me!

13. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    we're all out to get you. ;) might be a good time to break out the tin foil :p:thumbup:

14. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Yeah, I was quite disappointed to see that it was disabled. I can understand it, though.

I was even more disappointed to find that my old userid from way, WAY back, when they had another, older, forum, didn't work. :( Not surprising, I guess, but disappointing.

15. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Pack looks sweet RockMonkey:D What brand is it?

16. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    stay tuned for for a pic of a JUNGLAS, a IZULA, and a ESEE HEST chopping a popular patch.

17. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Read the announcement about how to register. ;)

They're a little flooded with requests at the moment, though, so give them some time to activate you. I'm waiting on mine, too, if that makes you feel better. :)

18. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    I just bought 2 ESEE knives. Great.

19. txhc

txhc

Feb 16, 2011
    What da crap i just ordered a butt load of gear that will begin to arrive tommorow and now i am not sure who will appreciate the posts

20. GregFL

GregFL

Feb 23, 2009
    So did I, ESEE-3MIL and ESEE-6. That makes my 5th and 6th ESEE! You're going to love them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.