1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    That's just speculation and a not very friendly accusation. There was never any issues within the ESEE forum.

2. riderV3

riderV3

Nov 29, 2010
    Wow great timing, just when I want to get my first ESEE...:grumpy:

3. kyhunt

kyhunt

Mar 20, 2007
    Get the knife anyway. Dont let some argument keep you from getting a great knife.

4. GenerallyAwsomeDude

GenerallyAwsomeDude

Dec 12, 2010
    Well at least we have Beckers.. :D

5. Soul.Stealer

Soul.Stealer

Apr 19, 2010
    I'll still buy their knives...

6. Pyromaniac410

Pyromaniac410

Feb 24, 2011
    Huh. Too bad. I had just started posting there. :(

Think they mind if new people join up over there or is it an invitation only kind of thing?

7. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    join away! send Jeff an email, with your name and desired forum name!

8. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    Your thread reads a lot better after the edit. With regard to getting flak from the "old heads". Your original post made it look like you screwed someone out of a knife. Go back and read it. After you clarified the situation, everything changed.

9. Horridus

Horridus

Sep 25, 2009
    I don't see how this post is relevant. You aren't even basing it on the facts of what happened. We never have trouble with internal moderation problems on the ESEE forum. And as for the flak you got there, do you have a link? Unless you were using your knives as throwing knives or trying to cut down a brick wall with them, I can't imagine people being that rough on you! Every day people post about their new knives and everyone welcomes them to the family. It sucks you feel that way, but I just can't see it from my own perspective. Maybe I am off a bit.

Furthermore, I am on Bladeforums because of ESEE. Not the other way around. I bought my membership because of ESEE. I enjoy reading and posting in other sections, but it is the ESEE subforum and culture that kept me coming back day after day. I hate to see this stuff going down, and I hope it is resolved quickly. Whether that means ESEE moving on, or staying here, I wish the best to both ESEE and BF. And for the record, I don't see the slightest similarities with the RYP thing. Just sayin'.

[​IMG]

10. Pyromaniac410

Pyromaniac410

Feb 24, 2011
    Oh good.:D Thanks!

11. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    The site is BladeForums.com, not ESEEForums-and-other-knives-too.com, or BusseForums or SpydercoForums nor is it Everything-under-the-sun-forums.com. People gravitate to what interests them, and while over-moderation is a trap that we strive to avoid, there is great danger in not moderating at all. Off topic threads in forums is a problem because it makes it extremely difficult for us to prune deadwood should we need to conserve space. Likewise, threads that belong in other forums are little use to people searching for specific information.

Really no need to go into it.

Exactly. Let's keep the speculation out of things.

12. giant1

giant1

May 9, 2007
    Well I read Jeff's explanation and really think it was poorly handled. He could have left an explanation on the sub forum.

I only really frequent this forum (because of the wide variety) and another knife forum. No time or point in joining too many forums.

I won't be going to his campfire anytime soon. :thumbdn:

13. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Let's not talk badly about people. Things happen. I'm not happy the forum was closed, but life goes on.

14. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    So does that mean that this is a permanent situation?

15. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Oh heaven forbid people order knives and then post about their experiences with them on a forum dedicated to knives. I ordered 2 ESEE knives with the intent of using them and sharing my experiences. I didn't buy the knives so I could post on the ESEE forum. I was hoping I could give back to the forum that helped me make my decision.

The ESEE forum was the deciding factor for me as far as what knives I wanted for outdoor use. People are happy with their customer service and products, and this is something I wouldn't have known if the forum didn't exist. I was looking forward to ending my time as a lurker and starting to post, but that's not going to happen now because the forum I wanted to post in is now closed. He should have simply quit posting if he didn't like it.

16. Horridus

Horridus

Sep 25, 2009
    Not that any choice could be wrong, but what did you end up getting for your first Esee's? Mine was the 4!

17. HoggerNaut

HoggerNaut

Jan 14, 2011
    The ESEE forum was my new home. I was just starting to feel like part of the family!!!!

18. Spark

Oct 2, 1998
    Remains to be seen. I'd have preferred this situation not come up to begin with. Past that, we'll see in the morning.

I'm going to turn in, those of you with paid subscriptions can see why my night was extra exciting in a certain unnamed subforum

19. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    It's not like they died or anything. They just moved to their own free-standing forum. :)

Those of you that have a paid membership--everyone who was a part of the ESEE "club" still has a membership here, so there's no reason to feel like it's some kind of divorce and you're a victim of sole custody. All your friends are still here. They're just over there too now. And we can still discuss ESEE stuff in General. The money from your membership is still supporting not only this community, but the culture and industry of cutlery. That's something to be proud of. ;)

20. Horridus

Horridus

Sep 25, 2009
    YEah that was some crazy stuff right there. Good call on that one, btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.