Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

FWIW, I've personally been through a few small/medium company sales to larger companies.

I can tell you the single biggest sign of whether or not this is a good thing, or a bad thing for them and us is this; Did their dealers know it was happening. If the change is for the better like that BS video is trying to get everyone to believe, they would have been crowing about the new "investment" in Sold Steel that will allow them to "fill-in-the-blanks" with the new resources this sale makes available to the company. If they blind-sided their dealers too, it's gonna be nothing but low-end, alphabet soup-steel, shit from China, and Lynn and Demko will both be the F' outta there as soon as their employment contracts end.

Based on what I've seen so far, look for Lynn and Demko to eject next year or 2022 at this time.
When getting my last knife - woman working in the store simply said she found out that Cold Steel is now Sold Steel from the customers which quickly emptied the stock.
Well, this is something.

Whatever they decide to make, questions are:
"Where is it made? Who is making it? What materials will it be made of?"

This could also be way to make quick buck, by selling you something you couldn't buy yesterday.

Majority of people isn't as deep as we are. They won't even know it's Sold Steel now, they'll see "Cold Steel" logo on a knife in blister pack of their nearby gas station or mall and low pricetag and be like "Wow, what a bargain, I heard they're good!"

I know numerous people (especially hunters, electricians and construction workers) who buy knives without asking a question about what steel it is as they know nothing about steels. They just care about the brand as the known brand is warranty of quality to them

Just like Cold Steel, I don't owe you anything. I've done my best to do some research and provide my findings and all you've done is dismiss it. Get yourself a Facebook account and go looking.
"Provide your findings"? Really...sounding pretty self important there and we should all be grateful for all your hard work in this matter....You have provided nothing but second hand rumors. If you really wanted to post facts you should have just posted the link two days ago so all could see for themselves instead of relying on your "findings".....thanks for nothing....

I think some folks have been following the official FB group. Go find your own “link”. It’s Monday and Sold Steel isn’t answering the phone. Please bring something constructive to the discussion rather than a refusal to admit you were wrong.
Wrong about what? Unlike many here, I have posted no rumors, made no conclusions, haven't accused any business owners of screwing over their employees, haven't made unfounded pronouncements and insisted they were facts, just asked for accurate facts from a first hand source that are not based on what somebody heard from someone somewhere. Is it really that hard to post links to information instead of just giving your second hand interpretation so that we can draw our own conclusions from the firsthand accounts being posted elsewhere?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/617493781733720/ <--------------- They were Cold Steel's largest fan group, and the workers are posting there. Join if you want to read it.
Thank you......

See, that was not hard to do.....that link should have been brought to the forefront long ago so that all can see first hand whats going on.

Last edited:
Sweet walking log. Should make an official Cold Steel walking stick.

I think that 'We want your input' vid reeked quite badly. The last 6 or 7 seconds in particular.

It looks like it came from a corporate marketing team, posturing with the possibility of something alluring for the existing customer base, without anything specific enough to be called on, or it could be cheaped out on, or done as a one off relatively small expense to try and maintain perceived (as opposed to actual) brand credibility.

It didn't come from an eccentric character that got off on stabbing the daylights out of things with a blade he knew was up to it.

WValtakis WValtakis The Espada always makes me smile, maybe not the best knife to take with you the first day at work but cool none the less.:thumbsup::)

Yeah but what if your job is that of a 1980s street thug and some tourist in a black hat and vest tries to one-up your knife game on your company-issued switch blade?
"Not a knife? Oh really, you Aussie piece of Vegemite!?! You better hand over that wallet and the keys to your Subaru Outback!"
*snaps open the Espada*

Yeah but what if your job is that of a 1980s street thug and some tourist in a black hat and vest tries to one-up your knife game on your company-issued switch blade?
"Not a knife? Oh really, you Aussie piece of Vegemite!?! You better hand over that wallet and the keys to your Subaru Outback!"
*snaps open the Espada*
Maybe the perfect edc choice for someone's first day in MS13. :) Good way to impress your new boss.:thumbsup:

"Provide your findings"? Really...sounding pretty self important there and we should all be grateful for all your hard work in this matter....You have provided nothing but second hand rumors. If you really wanted to post facts you should have just posted the link two days ago so all could see for themselves instead of relying on your "findings".....thanks for nothing....

Wrong about what? Unlike many here, I have posted no rumors, made no conclusions, haven't accused any business owners of screwing over their employees, haven't made unfounded pronouncements and insisted they were facts, just asked for accurate facts from a first hand source that are not based on what somebody heard from someone somewhere. Is it really that hard to post links to information instead of just giving your second hand interpretation so that we can draw our own conclusions from the firsthand accounts being posted elsewhere?

Thank you......

See, that was not hard to do.....that link should have been brought to the forefront long ago so that all can see first hand whats going on.
You're being intentionally obtuse now. FB was mentioned many times. You could have found the link without requiring a member post a link to a non-supporting knife sales group.

Thank you......

Come on man...give it a rest. Maybe do some research yourself?

The blanket apology was weird as hell. Unless he went on a recent rant and had a public melt down, what would he be apologizing for? Obviously some (*cough* me *cough*) people have their issues with CS and Lynn, but he's always been unapologetic about it before. The cue card/teleprompter pre-written "personal message" is fraught with unspoken undertones and implications.

You should be a politician.

This is EXACTLY the point I've been making. Exactly!!! Lynn Thompson is bought, paid for, and owned now, and his new masters said:

"Listen up, peon. We want you to make a video telling your fans not to run. Convince them it's all fine, nothing to see here, greater heights, all of that boilerplate stuff. Also, you've been an embarrassment and sorry, but our shareholders* won't tolerate that, so we need you to apologize to anyone who's been offended by you, so maybe they'll buy from us in the future and we can make some money. And if you're a good little employee, we'll have Brad the Cold Steel Brand Manager pat you on the head and say "good boy!". Now, smile when you deliver our message. We Have Spoken."

* Who own you now.

Thank you......

Eli Chaps Eli Chaps all these posts, and he still doesn't have the stones to just up and call you a liar. LOL

I reckon I just didn't live up to his standards. However will I go on...?

Also, in the CS sub-forum, a member posted that the Ventura number is now disconnected. Oh sorry, I probably should've posted a link...

Huh, almost like all the Ventura folks office got canned exactly like you said, that now ex-CS employee said, and they don't need it anymore, but of course, that can't be right. Some folks won't believe that until they receive a personal statement signed by Lynn and his boss the GSM Brand Manager, sent certified mail. LOL It's all rumors, let's wait 'til NEXT Monday. :D

Back