Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Last three, completing the fishing collection until the Chief Salt version comes out :D

saltversionpls.jpg

Well it came! So excited!

BU1OEpV.jpg

h8qWB5L.jpg

My first automatic. Kershaw Launch 8. Very impressed. I'm 50% Italian, but with this I feel 100%. I'm Sicilian, my great-grandfather had mafia ties, do I feel like I'm continuing tradition... Really well built, super sharp, opens with authority but not so much it wants to pull out of your hand. One of the lightest knives I own. I don't like assisted knives, but this very different. I probably won't be in my rotation much until I can get a deep carry clip.

Last edited:
Well it came! So excited!

BU1OEpV.jpg

h8qWB5L.jpg

My first automatic. Kershaw Launch 8. Very impressed. I'm 50% Italian, but with this I feel 100%. I'm Sicilian, my great-grandfather had mafia toes, do I feel like I'm continuing tradition... Really well built, super sharp, opens with authority but not so much it wants to pull out of your hand. One of the lightest knives I own. I don't like assisted knives, but this very different. I probably won't be in my rotation much until I can get a deep carry clip.
Cool Kershaw.

Last edited:
CeiGhmp.jpg

So I got in on the recent Dark Timber drop... only problem is this isn't the variant I ordered. I ordered the same knife but with orange liners and stonewashed blade. Not sure what I'm gonna do. They sold out within minutes (about 2 minutes for the one I actually ordered), but this particular example has a nice wood to it which I was kind of worried about getting one I didn't like. I don't mind the satin blade that much, but I really wanted the orange liners. I contacted the dealer to see if anything could be done, I think I will probably just see if I can somewhere down the line pick up orange liners. I don't really want to risk returning this one and getting one where I don't like the inlay as much. I think I can live with the green. Thoughts?

I like it, i personally like the green micarta/ ash burl/ orange one but yours looks great, the green offsets the black nicely, i honestly wouldnt be able to decide with as many options as there are

Last edited:
I don't really want to risk returning this one and getting one where I don't like the inlay as much. I think I can live with the green. Thoughts?

I can see where orange liners would look really sweet on the blade, but it's a great looking knife and the green is nice. Got a pic of the spine?

Here's my latest that I've been splashing pics of all over BF--Andrey Biryukov Sigma with 4 1/8" of S125V orange-peel finished steel, ceramic bearings in brass races over steel underlay washers, rolling ceramic detent ball, and seriously milled out interior pockets. Wicked smooth and easy flipper that I haven't been able to put aside since I got it.

H1t0X59.jpg

Z59sdI9.jpg

i6IZHM9.jpg

D4BCfIA.jpg

qUORe7N.jpg

I can see where orange liners would look really sweet on the blade, but it's a great looking knife and the green is nice. Got a pic of the spine?

Here's my latest that I've been splashing pics of all over BF--Andrey Biryukov Sigma with 4 1/8" of S125V orange-peel finished steel, ceramic bearings in brass races over steel underlay washers, rolling ceramic detent ball, and seriously milled out interior pockets. Wicked smooth and easy flipper that I haven't been able to put aside since I got it.

H1t0X59.jpg

Z59sdI9.jpg

i6IZHM9.jpg

D4BCfIA.jpg

qUORe7N.jpg
S125V? Awesome.

S125V? Awesome.
Yeah, that's the first one for me that high on the CPM S series scale. I'm sure it'll hold the edge, but am wondering how it'll be sharpening. I wasn't much of a fan of the BMK S90V I had, as I found it kinda brittle and chippy, but the S90V in my KW exclusive Millie I like a lot. I had a hard time sharpening the one I got for my son, but he dulled the living sh*t out of his and I had to take it back pretty far to get to an apex.

So I go on vacation for a week to Myrtle Beach, we fly out and even though I know I could, I don’t. Besides if I did, the Mrs woulda killed me.

So I arrived knifeless and guess who came to visit? Hurricane Dorian with 100mph+ winds, torrential rains and tornadoes, that’s right, you heard correctly. It was Armageddon, End of Days kinda weather and me with no knife.

So I rush off to WalMart, the Mrs tried to talk me out of it, she said everyone and his brother was gonna be there buyin’ hurricane milk, bread, eggs, batteries and water.

I told her I was smarter, “...how many people did you think would be there buying socks and a knife?” I had to throw the socks in, if she thought I was only goin’ for a knife she woulda talked me out of it.

As it was she couldn’t argue the fact that no one would be there to buy socks, they’d be there for storm supplies. Knowing the storm wouldn’t be there till the next day she relented and I drive off.

Ever try to buy a knife in Myrtle Beach? It’s like a state size truck stop full of junk, mall ninja zombie apocalypse knives bought of the guy on late night tv.

Luckily wallyworld had a sport section and I was able to grab 2 normal knives. A Buck Canoe and an Elk Ridge Medium Stockman.

On the way home before we got to the airport, I stopped at the PO and mailed them home to myself and here they are. They arrived late because of the hurricane but they got here.

wFzHaEgh.jpg

Back