1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Four of them came from estate sales, three from pawn shops, one from Craig's List and the rest from fleabay.

Edit to add::

Craig's List and Pawn Shops are often overlooked as good sources for S&Ps (Sharp and Pointies). There is a lot of junk knives to wade through to find the gems, but the gems are USUALLY much less expensive than fleabay.

Examples - from Craig's list - one time I met up with a retired Air Force colonel because he had an odd bayonet he wanted to sell. He only want $45 for it, so I figured I'd at least look at it. I couldn't figure out what it was because the writing on it was weird, and I bought it any way. Then he said, "Here's a couple more you can have. I don't have scabbards for them and they need a home." I confirmed he meant for free and he said yep.

Turned out the weird one was a 1903 Siamese bayonet made by the Tokyo Arsenal for the 5000 German Mausers the Tokyo Arsenal was making for the Siamese Army. The other 2 bayonets were an 1876 French Gras T-back and a 1907 SMLE Enfield bayonet made at the Mangrovite Arsenal in Australia.

Another Craig's list score - a man wanted $60 for "an old military knife and bayonet". Met with him and they turned out to be one of the first 50K Camillus-made screw pommel 1219C2s in nearly prisitne condition and the bayonet was a Japanese Type 30 Tokyo Arsenal made.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. recon0317

recon0317 Banned BANNED

May 28, 2015
    Today's arrival, a big bad Northfield #25 with Rosewood covers.
    [​IMG]

3. coolsound

coolsound

Mar 24, 2016
    I love the composition of this knife. What is it? Thanks.

4. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Knife is not new, but the handles are. Thanks Igoded
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prophet118 likes this.
  5. Mtneer

Mtneer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2003

It is an Andre Thorburn model L44 in Damasteel.
    He makes the smoothest flippers I've ever handled.

6. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lovin' it!

7. Jubakuba

Jubakuba

Feb 6, 2016
    What a friend! And what a friend you must be to him for him to do it.
    Cool stuff.

This just came in today (finally). She's absolutely perfect. Stas did a wonderful job on customizing an already gorgeous knife. Literally flawless judging by my staring for the last 5 hours. Smooth as butter. Pockets REALLY deep, early as hell lock-up, hidden steel frame lock insert...and most importantly...for such a large knife and with my medium hands...I expected it wouldn't feel all that great in the palm. It feels like absolute butter. Slides right into all the grooves of my hand...and feels extremely light. I'm not one to complain about weight. I like weight. But this feels light...but not in a cheap way. It is a VERY very nice knife. Might pop into my number one carried really quickly.
    Custom Knife Factory (CKF) Sablya One-Off.
    Even came with a bar of chocolate :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gallery of Same Images

lenstay likes this.
  8. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I got this a couple weeks ago, but it's my mostest, latest acquisition:
    [​IMG]

9. ncmiked

ncmiked

Feb 15, 2016
    Awesome Jubakuba!

10. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    Turok

Attached Files:

11. Spydesense

Spydesense

Nov 17, 2010
    I acquired this Customized Kizer Flashbang yesterday. With the addition of a couple of drops of Weapon Shield, this is one of, if not the smoothest knives I have ever handled. I have said this 100 times before, but this IS a keeper!

[​IMG]

12. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Very cool looking knife! Manual opener?

13. Spydesense

Spydesense

Nov 17, 2010
    Thanks! Yes, manual flipper. Ball bearing pivot system (I think ceramic) that is smooth as glass!

14. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    My latest binge...

[​IMG]

15. Spydesense

Spydesense

Nov 17, 2010
    Except for the two upper Barkies, I've acquired all of these within the last three weeks. I'm very pleased with my latest purchases, even though I've sold more than I've bought to fund them. And I still have another Fiddleback and another JoshRG on the way :D

[​IMG]

16. recon0317

recon0317 Banned BANNED

May 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. jzs

jzs

Apr 15, 2010
    folding knife from maker in thailand - heat-treated robert eggerling quilted damascus blade AND bolsters, MOP handles, and abalone "flame" edges between bolsters and handles!! own multiple knives with this damascus steel, and even billets of it!!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDkwMA==/z/c4MAAOxydUJTOaOz/$_59.JPG?set_id=880000500F

jzs

18. scalemaster

scalemaster

Mar 22, 2016
    Finally got the Tomcat 3.0 in for a very very reasonable price and it is a beauty.
    I once had the Sogwinder 2 and still think that it was a stupid idea to let that minimonster go.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

19. oprichnik

oprichnik

Jul 9, 2015
    My latest...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Prophet118 and boostr like this.
  20. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    Snagged a couple more today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]