Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Four of them came from estate sales, three from pawn shops, one from Craig's List and the rest from fleabay.

Edit to add::

Craig's List and Pawn Shops are often overlooked as good sources for S&Ps (Sharp and Pointies). There is a lot of junk knives to wade through to find the gems, but the gems are USUALLY much less expensive than fleabay.

Examples - from Craig's list - one time I met up with a retired Air Force colonel because he had an odd bayonet he wanted to sell. He only want $45 for it, so I figured I'd at least look at it. I couldn't figure out what it was because the writing on it was weird, and I bought it any way. Then he said, "Here's a couple more you can have. I don't have scabbards for them and they need a home." I confirmed he meant for free and he said yep.

Turned out the weird one was a 1903 Siamese bayonet made by the Tokyo Arsenal for the 5000 German Mausers the Tokyo Arsenal was making for the Siamese Army. The other 2 bayonets were an 1876 French Gras T-back and a 1907 SMLE Enfield bayonet made at the Mangrovite Arsenal in Australia.

Another Craig's list score - a man wanted $60 for "an old military knife and bayonet". Met with him and they turned out to be one of the first 50K Camillus-made screw pommel 1219C2s in nearly prisitne condition and the bayonet was a Japanese Type 30 Tokyo Arsenal made.

Last edited:
I've been on a bit of a binge lately.

1f1df3e424c0ff64a3fae20125b9333f.jpg

I love the composition of this knife. What is it? Thanks.

Well, this bunch!:)

Mostly because it's a gift. I have been sick lately and a forum friend from another (Swedish) forum thought I needed to be cheered up so he asked for my adress and some days later this turned up in the mail! Talk about surprise!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99321103/The Gift.jpg

/ J
What a friend! And what a friend you must be to him for him to do it.
Cool stuff.

This just came in today (finally). She's absolutely perfect. Stas did a wonderful job on customizing an already gorgeous knife. Literally flawless judging by my staring for the last 5 hours. Smooth as butter. Pockets REALLY deep, early as hell lock-up, hidden steel frame lock insert...and most importantly...for such a large knife and with my medium hands...I expected it wouldn't feel all that great in the palm. It feels like absolute butter. Slides right into all the grooves of my hand...and feels extremely light. I'm not one to complain about weight. I like weight. But this feels light...but not in a cheap way. It is a VERY very nice knife. Might pop into my number one carried really quickly.
Custom Knife Factory (CKF) Sablya One-Off.
Even came with a bar of chocolate :D
fPG0BaO.jpg

RFYmKjj.jpg

1xGGI4U.jpg

NZd9QPN.jpg

Q5cMOju.jpg

Gallery of Same Images

I got this a couple weeks ago, but it's my mostest, latest acquisition:

Turok

Attachments

• Turok 2.jpg
    Turok 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Turok 1.jpg
    Turok 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 51
I acquired this Customized Kizer Flashbang yesterday. With the addition of a couple of drops of Weapon Shield, this is one of, if not the smoothest knives I have ever handled. I have said this 100 times before, but this IS a keeper!

Except for the two upper Barkies, I've acquired all of these within the last three weeks. I'm very pleased with my latest purchases, even though I've sold more than I've bought to fund them. And I still have another Fiddleback and another JoshRG on the way :D

folding knife from maker in thailand - heat-treated robert eggerling quilted damascus blade AND bolsters, MOP handles, and abalone "flame" edges between bolsters and handles!! own multiple knives with this damascus steel, and even billets of it!!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDkwMA==/z/c4MAAOxydUJTOaOz/$_59.JPG?set_id=880000500F

jzs

Finally got the Tomcat 3.0 in for a very very reasonable price and it is a beauty.
I once had the Sogwinder 2 and still think that it was a stupid idea to let that minimonster go.

P1050677_zpszdpey6gj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back