Fancier's Sales Updates

All orders for new spec knives from Survive were placed after March of 2015.
Yes, they are way behind on shipping the goods but we don't need to exaggerate how long our orders have been open, do we?
Would you really believe any production estimate made when the entire lineup has to go through production before the 4.7 is offered again?

What's with the bullshit attitude?

XtianAus's question was quite simple so there was no need to pitch a fit and lock the thread for 24hrs.

All orders for new spec knives from Survive were placed after March of 2015.
Yes, they are way behind on shipping the goods but we don't need to exaggerate how long our orders have been open, do we?
Would you really believe any production estimate made when the entire lineup has to go through production before the 4.7 is offered again?

Lol what!?

"Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7."

So no, they do not have to go through the entire production before offering the 4.7 again.
Especially considering they could open pre-orders anytime or offer it as an SK model, I think I have a very reasonable question.

But thanks for sticking your nose in where it wasn't wanted. If you don't have anything constructive to say, keep your fingers off your keyboard.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly what happened, but let's just move on, ok? Plenty more positive discussion to be had while leaving this behind us.

Silver, apparently I forgot to put the smiley and winky at the end of my posts. Again...

Survive!-branded gauze and tourniquets!!! What a great idea :D

That's for the jugular wound, for covering an anus you could go as far as a S!K sticker, maybe one day there will be S!K-branded corks, but honestly there are plenty of other brands of materials that should suffice for the purpose, and many are "in stock" and readily available without a pre-order or overly optimistic estimates of when they will be delivered. ;) Just sayin'... er... typin'.

New rule: XtianAus is not allowed to ask about knives further down the line until I get my 4.1's!!!! :mad: I will enforce this by wiggling my fingers at offenders from a distance, you have been warned! And without that S!K cork, you may be threatened (from a distance) by fumes from my...

o_O

Ok, hopefully that came through with the intended absurdity.
At the same time, do you get where Fancier is coming from? By asking Guy and Ellie for an estimate on the 4.7s when they are so far behind and also historically prone to underestimating (sometimes dramatically) time-frames to delivery, aren't you essentially setting a trap for them? Like putting an open bottle of something delicious in front of an alcoholic? I get it. I also get the question, since the 4.7s were VERY popular and many are probably looking forward to their return, and indeed having SK-4.7s from Millit available soon might benefit S!K ... I'm just not sure they could swing that what with paid-for models still coming down the pipeline...

Here's to "soon", XtianAus!! :thumbsup::cool: Also, are you still watching for a 4.1 2nd? Because I do have one coming to me sometime, along with my Starter 4.1, and I don't really need both....

I can see where Francier is coming from but there is a respectful way to communicate things such as you have done above^ and then there is well...Franciers way. Either way I think my question was valid nonetheless.

I am not intending on setting a trap at all. I am literally interested in knowing. I have a 6 coming but have recently found I am partial to 4-5" blades and so would love both a 4.1 and 4.7.

I am also trying to thin the horde and cut down to only blades I really want. 4.1 and 4.7 will pretty much end my check list and I am trying to get both ASAP so I can ease off and relax with the knife hunting ha... the sooner the better. And if I know when the 4.7 is possibly available, I can plan ahead.

Anyway if you do decide you don't need both 4.1's and one of those is in 20cv, please let me know :)

Alas, both of mine will be D3V, sorry.

I am currently holding myself back from the INFI Dog Soldier... I don't really need to try one of those, do I?? http://www.bussecombat.com/infi-dog-soldier/

My Trash-1 is saving me currently, I might still bite on that one though. The disconnect between what the problem people have with the choil is a bit disconcerting. If you don't like the choil we'll sharpen part of it.. What? Regardless, it's interesting.

My Trash-1 is saving me currently, I might still bite on that one though. The disconnect between what the problem people have with the choil is a bit disconcerting. If you don't like the choil we'll sharpen part of it.. What? Regardless, it's interesting.

I like it as well but not crazy of the Fullers they put on them, I was hoping they'd come out with an Infi version of the Trash 1 one day but minus the fullers.

Back