Fear the Walking DEad? *possible spoilers* read at own risk

I liked it!! Solid character development and this group is pretty damn different than the last. I like how we get to see the slow creeping effect of an epidemic that is resulting in less kids showing up to school, missing persons signs, and general rise in anxiety. The pilot episode does somewhat play into certain Los Angeles stereotypes --- but I guess that's to be expected. When the first scene showed a heroin junkie -- my first thought was "oh great -- now all my country BladeForums friends are going to associate this with L.A".

Overall, it should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Southern California has beaches, snowy mountains, forests, deserts, and vast stretches of flatlands that should allow them a lot of landscape canvas to conjure a masterpiece -- hope they Don't drop the ball.

Watched the pilot again last night and it seems that they're setting the junkie kid up to be the go-to scrounger who can survive on his own anywhere. He kept picking up things of the street to smoke / use, he didn't mind stealing the old dude's clothes, ran at the first sign of trouble, etc. I would guess that he and his sister survive for a while. The parents - meh, but again - I'll wait and see.

Also, it looks like everyone's infected now. I didn't notice any dead people that stayed dead - like in the church (unless someone disposed of the bodies), and then there's Calvin.

I think the flu that is going around is the infection. Catch it and get over it like any other flu but the virus is with you from then on.

Also, it looks like everyone's infected now. I didn't notice any dead people that stayed dead - like in the church (unless someone disposed of the bodies), and then there's Calvin.

Yep, i would wager that everyone was infected when the virus started to spread even before the major outbreak and chaos took place. In the original show, Jenner mentioned it but we didnt actually see anyone die from anythng but walkers until Shane's ruse.

The folks in the church probably got hungry and started looking for an easy lunch. That is if the hot gnarly blonde didnt gobble them up bones and all.

Watched the pilot again last night and it seems that they're setting the junkie kid up to be the go-to scrounger who can survive on his own anywhere. He kept picking up things of the street to smoke / use, he didn't mind stealing the old dude's clothes, ran at the first sign of trouble, etc. I would guess that he and his sister survive for a while. The parents - meh, but again - I'll wait and see.

Interesting thought on the junkie son... IF he survives the heroin detox without getting them all eaten... :eek:

Interesting thought on the junkie son... IF he survives the heroin detox without getting them all eaten... :eek:

Perhaps his heroin addiction (or whatever he uses) will turn out to be what will make him immune to the disease ..... Wouldn't it be ironic, junkie boy turns out to be the one who saves the planet?!?

Mmmmm...... Walter White as a zombie....... No, I'm going too far here.....:):rolleyes:

Can anyone explain the fact that these new walkers look so much like the dead army from game of thrones, blue eyes and all? In the walking dead they all look like they have cataracts but these guys look like half eaten vampires from the underworld franchise.

Can anyone explain the fact that these new walkers look so much like the dead army from game of thrones, blue eyes and all? In the walking dead they all look like they have cataracts but these guys look like half eaten vampires from the underworld franchise.

It's only when they look up, so the bluish tint is a reflection in their eyes of those killer California sharks that fly through the air when it's real breezy..... oh wait, wrong show...again.

With TWD I was in a hurry for Lauri, Andria her sister, Carel and Shane to be dead fast. Really took awhile for me to get into it. This one is slow, but on the bright side I'm not pulling for anyone to die yet except for the winey junky. Even though I thought it sacked, I warmed up to TWD. I'm a bit more open minded to this one.

Perhaps his heroin addiction (or whatever he uses) will turn out to be what will make him immune to the disease ..... Wouldn't it be ironic, junkie boy turns out to be the one who saves the planet?!?

Mmmmm...... Walter White as a zombie....... No, I'm going too far here.....:):rolleyes:

Now THAT could an interesting plot point Nox... Wasn't there supposed to be some lab in CA in working on a cure in TWD?? Humm...

I liked the first episode. It's an interesting contrast from the Walking Dead. In the Walking Dead, the show essentially started after it all hit the fan. They had an established group and the threat was already well known(except to Rick). In Fear, they are starting it from nearly the beginning. The plague has already started to spread but slow enough that it is thought to be rumors or exaggerated stories. I think we're going to see the chaos and characters slowly build as the outbreak becomes more apparent and engulfing. Glad it's not just a rehashed version on the Walking Dead. And we're pretty much going to get the Dead all year round. That's a win in my book.

That's how I viewed it as well. In this series they are trying to start from the beginning rather than the middle like TWD. I can see the mom being the "Rick" of this series at least more so than any of the other characters we've met so far. I would also agree with another member that the daughter is likely to step up and get the job done more than the son or perhaps even the stepfather/boyfriend. I'll give it another couple of episodes before I pass on it or become a fan. I'm also wondering if they are going to tell us how and or where the virus started?

Back