Fiddleback ANYDAY Pocket Dump....Updated title

Love my Olight Titanium. And my production runt and sharkskin sheath.
fc8cc7e7ab8f4140c2847f9146502721.jpg

I snagged a Condos sharkskin HB size, choice! :thumbup:;)

OK, figured out a way.
I know this isn't exactly in the spirit of things as theres no knife or flashlight pics to feed our passion, but still this illustrates the issue, for me. In my favorite source of pocket, (Levis 501s), right front goes to keys and coins, left front gets I Phone, right rear is wallet, (in there below phone). Im right handed and left rear gets...ignored. I struggle with occasional GEC and pocket slip. Not much room in this favorite ensemble, for a knife and hands going in and out.

Fiddlebacks, etc go on the belt.

jDvg1ET.jpg

Last edited:
Wish it was different, but it is what it is....

IMG_1454-1147x1529.jpg

Seriously, about 48 hours available between now and the packers move us to Kansas City and OH MY!!! we got a lot of "stuff."

Hope you clowns are having a great weekend as we cook through the freezer.

Hopefully you kept out a pair of shoes. :D

What's a good AAA light to carry?

I love my Coast HP2 and Carry it every day. The Olights are spectacular and I own several. This is why the Coast wins for me though:
- It's less than half the price at $25 or less.
- It's thin and has a small profile in the pocket.
- It has a focus-able beam. Sometimes using a light for up close work, a strong beam is too much. You can go with a wide beam that is softer, or a narrow beam with a nice hot center.
- AAA batteries are everywhere. Charging ports are not.
- It has been indestructible after nearly four years of daily use.

Cons:
- It isn't massively powerful. This isn't always a con though. I've found that I rarely need more than the 85L it provides and the battery lasts forever because of that. I'm not doing search and rescue unless you count looking for the wife's earring back on the floor as a search. I suppose in some way that does qualify though!
- The pocket clip, although strong, just clips over the body of the light. This has caused to to snap off if it gets hung up on a seatbelt on occasion. It snaps right back on again, but this might be a concern for some that prefer a permanent attachment.

Again, not knocking the Olight or other higher end models. I have some and have been drooling over that copper version that Thurin has for some time. I just keep finding myself going back to the standby.

I'll have to checkout that Coast. Thanks for the detailed review and pros/cons.

Here's some info on the AAA lights I have:

Fenix E01, OLight I3S EOS, Maratac AAA Copper

Specs:

Fenix E01:
Single Mode: 13 Lumens 16 hours
14 grams (without battery)
$10

Olight I3S EOS:
Moonlight: .5 Lumens 60 hours
Low: 20 Lumens 8 hours
High: 80 Lumens 35 mins
11 grams (without battery)
$20

Maratac AAA Copper
Low: 1.5 Lumens 55 hours
Med: 40 Lumens 7 hours
High: 138 Lumens 70 mins
27 grams (without battery)
$48

Quite the range in price and features. The Fenix I keep in my camera bag. It's cheap and handy and not complicated. Single mode, turn it on turn it off by twisting.

The Olight is in my HPG Kit Bag. Still pretty cheap, but more modes, including a nice moonlight mode for reading or whatnot that'll run a long time. Also a twisty.

The Maratac is my favorite of the 3 I have in this size. Mainly because of the copper. 3 modes similar to the Olight, but a little more output at each mode. And again a twisty.

Comparing a AAA light to a CR123A light:

As you can see, the CR123A Olight S1 Baton is just a touch shorter that the AAA Maratac, but is quite a bit fatter.

S1 Baton specs:
Moonlight: .5 Lumens 25 days
Low: 8 Lumens 40 hours
Med: 80 Lumens 6 hours
High: 500 Lumens (steps down to 300 after 1.5 minutes) (can function as a hand warmer on high LOL)
68 grams (without battery)
$65 (for copper - $50 for Alum)

Comparison with their batteries and compared to a AA battery for size:

Thank you Thurin. The two copper above are the two I have narrowed it down to. I like the features of the S1 but the slimmer profile of the Maratac. Decisions decisions.

I'm just about to put in an order for an Olight i3s and a Pioneer SAK.

Looking at a few more things...

Last edited:
Nice side by side Thurin.

I have several of those Fenix E01's too. They are good little lights to throw in a bag for travel. I have one on a carabiner on the outside of my get home bag in the truck and one in a first aid kit in there. I keep an Olight S30 inside the bag for a little more power. A Coast G10 stays in my suitcase for travel, which happens weekly for me. It comes out and sits on the night stand in the hotel room. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, but being in a different room several nights a week, you get a little disoriented when you wake up. It's nice to have the ingrained knowledge that there is always a light just to the left of my head I can reach easily.

Here's my typical pocket dump. Man I love flashlights as much as knives lol...

9d3f0f5f609420c05e770682cfb2a3ac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Olight arrived today
you fellas were correct, I believe i'm going to like this flashlight
IMG_20160706_170149_zpsebxvcntc.jpg

i know Andy ordered one today too

Badass! My new light and SAK shipped today! I won't get to play with it until I get back in Sunday.

The Lumintop Prince arrived, and it's definitely a sexy beast.

Back