• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no skin off my back at all. I'm one guy but if that constitutes a bandwagon versus the multiple people in here who have never had a transaction with the fellow but piled on anyway, okay. I read the rules and I'm not sure how a thread got started here on somebody who never had a bad transaction, either.

The fact that you aren't sure, continues to support the understanding that you've missed the point of this thread.

It's no skin off my back at all. I'm one guy but if that constitutes a bandwagon versus the multiple people in here who have never had a transaction with the fellow but piled on anyway, okay. I read the rules and I'm not sure how a thread got started here on somebody who never had a bad transaction, either.

You are completely missing the point. Nobody ever stated he had bad transactions with anyone. Where are you headed with that line of thought? This subforum isn't just for bad transaction complaints.

What's he supposed to discuss? How he shouldn't buy something so somebody else can? Some people aren't the talkative type. After reading this thread and some of the responses it's no wonder somebody isn't gung-ho to say anything.
Knives. That's what a knife discussion forum is for. The people you're talking to are passionate about using, discussing and learning about knives. That's why this forum is here in the first place.

You, on the other hand, seem to be passionate about defending flippers, so maybe eBay is a forum that would align more closely with your interests.

Good lord.
If you sign up here thinking this is just a classifieds for used knives then ok...
What's he supposed to discuss? How he shouldn't buy something so somebody else can? Some people aren't the talkative type. After reading this thread and some of the responses it's no wonder somebody isn't gung-ho to say anything.

I think you’re trying to bate me instead of having a level headed conversation.
Even our old fiend V who who just got the boot agrees with the sentiment of not scooping up all the knives in the BF sales forum just to sell on eBay. He denied it. He knew it was wrong. He was trying to suggest only a very small portion end up that way.
he never once said “yep I buy all the good deals so I can make money on eBay”.

So if you’re saying that your ok with that; then you are on another level. You’re a new member here. Maybe sit back and read a little and learn before you come into a conversation like this.

I don’t know if I should lock this thread or leave it on. It’s like one of those bug lights...

bugzapperworks.jpg

Good lord.
If you sign up here thinking this is just a classifieds for used knives then ok...

I think you’re trying to bate me instead of having a level headed conversation.
Even our old fiend V who who just got the boot agrees with the sentiment of not scooping up all the knives in the BF sales forum just to sell on eBay. He denied it. He knew it was wrong. He was trying to suggest only a very small portion end up that way.
he never once said “yep I buy all the good deals so I can make money on eBay”.

So if you’re saying that your ok with that; then you are on another level. You’re a new member here. Maybe sit back and read a little and learn before you come into a conversation like this.

I don’t know if I should lock this thread or leave it on. It’s like one of those bug lights...

bugzapperworks.jpg
Leave it open. Always helpful when people out themselves.

I sold him a OD Green 92 for a hell of a good price that I thought I was being a good guy, until a few days later it was brought to my attention it was now listed in his ebay store for a 70-80% markup. Never again. He’s a flipper and scum. No other way around it. I hope we can keep taking out the others who do this as well. It really soured my taste of ever selling more knives on here, especially GEC’s. I’ll just keep everything now.

Years ago a bunch of my buddies would get together every weekend and play poker. It was low stakes and the poker wasn't the point, hanging out, drinking a little, lots of talking, venting, joking around. It was a social occasion and a chance for us all to unwind a bit.

One weekend somebody invited over a friend of theirs to play poker with us. All he was interested in was winning at poker. He was there to make money off of us and he screwed up the social aspect entirely. He was not invited back.

These flippers are the same thing. Even if they aren't flipping immediately, there are people who show up when something becomes popular and see that popularity as a vector for profit and the people that are involved in the hobby because it's a passion for them are never going to accept the carpetbaggers.

Does everybody here get mad at companies that make limited editions and price accordingly because of rarity? By setting their own prices and their own terms they prevent everybody from having one too.

Does everybody here get mad at companies that make limited editions and price accordingly because of rarity? By setting their own prices and their own terms they prevent everybody from having one too.

No. That’s the company of product choosing to make an LE.
And that’s not the point of this thread. Nothing to do with someone who takes from a group to make a profit.

This is an apples and oranges comparison, but please continue. WHOOOOOSSSHHHHH

The Point.

You.

When informed, we can choose to buy from those companies or not.

This thread is informing others who they may not want to sell to.

The poker game reference is a great example of what we are experiencing and seeing lately.

Unfortunately by the way the Exchange rules are currently written, neither @fishin1635 or @Varenik can be made to purchase a Dealer membership, their not selling on Bladeforums... might be time for an edit to the rules.

For the time being, the easiest way to deal with members like this is to put them on "ignore" and or refuse to sell to them... sellers prerogative to sell to whomever they choose.

From my perspective it would seem that the Traditional forum is a tight knit group, it shouldn't be a problem to spread the word about members who's sole purpose on Bladeforums is to stalk the Exchange in order to add stock to their online stores.

@Varenik
I found this post of yours in a Traditional for sale thread amusing considering...

Going to see what can be done about that.

You've already done something by creating this thread and helping to inform members... very positive effect :thumbsup:

Also, I wasn't aware that @fishin1635 had a link to his store on his profile page until this thread. That link has now been removed as it's a violation of the Exchange rules, another positive effect.

3 Fingermac lost his BF Membership for selling on other sites on a REGULAR BASIS. Mostly on Ebay and AAPK. I see Fishin1635 and Varenik both do the exact same thing. I won't sell to either one of them anymore.

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Looks like the BF rules that applied to 3fingermack would apply to them.

while you’re still here with blinders on and your shorts down showing your ass to everyone- are you going to change your name here at BF or eBay? Have you ever changed a username before?
I am just curious. It seems like you’re nose diving in the same blazing shitstorm as Mac last year- and he changed his ebay handle to 3fingerMac when it was all done.

I seldom sell on ebay anymore, but when I do I indicate I REFUSE to sell to threefingermac.

Perhaps BF should implement a new rule that says nobody can buy/trade until they have at least 50 legitimate posts. Or, pick a number.. whatever the group thinks is enough posts to show their true intent. Post whores should be easy to spot.... none of these flippers have more than one or two posts on any forum that doesn't involve buying selling trading.

On another note - how else would I get some of the older knives that I want? Many of my hard to find knives have been purchased from resellers, and I have paid very well to get some of them. Just a thought.

Perhaps BF should implement a new rule that says nobody can buy/trade until they have at least 50 legitimate posts. Or, pick a number.. whatever the group thinks is enough posts to show their true intent. Post whores should be easy to spot.... none of these flippers have more than one or two posts on any forum that doesn't involve buying selling trading.

Then the forum would just be spammed with posts like “Awesome!”, “Nice knife”, “Cool”, “:cool:“, and whatever else takes zero effort or true contribution. Just gotta hit they 50 post mark...

I know you said legitimate posts, but that’s a lot of work for someone to really sift through. I understand your point though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back