Fishing 2018

Ice finally broke up here in Wasilla AK, been getting out a bit.
First fish of the season was a 21" hatchery rainbow
20180425_190136[1350].jpg
Caught several more in the 18-19" range and a bunch of little 11"ers. Crazy thing is I was fishing for pike using a 5" rubber pike when the little ones hammered it!
20180507_192418[1371].jpg
Knife is a Mini Grip with Deathofallthings grips. Oh, and today the wife outfished me 2 to 0.

Chunkiest bass so far this year:

2fzTkTP.jpg

For me this year is all about teaching my 4 year old as much as he will absorb. Last trip he caught his first "solo" fish. It was a small bass on a spinner and I couldn't have been happier.

I have to shamefully admit I have not been out fishing at all so far this year:(:mad: The ice was always too thin or when it was thick it was a blizzard!

I squeezed in a few minutes of fishing before the thunderstorms and caught this thick beast. I believe this is a Warmouth (so many bream/sunfish look the same to me) and he is the widest one I've ever seen in person. The pic doesn't do it justice, it had to be 2"+ at it's widest point. This was in a small retention pond in the tiny subdivision we are in now. I have caught a few other small bream in there a week or so ago, but definitely didn't think there would be anything this big roaming around!
4ngWy3m.jpg

Last edited:
Back