FK2

FK2 headed (back) to bear camp

GsA3aPK.jpg
Is that a swedge? Or is the light playing tricks in the picture?

As promised, here is the first picture of my new UFK/FK2. I couldn't be happier with it. My first reaction when i opened it up was how light and balanced it is. As everyone has already stated, the handle is just perfect. Sharpness is out of this world. It slices through receipt paper like no other knife I own. And the Mashed Cat sheath is Kydex perfection.

I have been looking for a fixed blade to compliment my Small Sebenza and I believe this is it. I tried out the CRK Nyala, but always felt I wanted just a bit more blade length. I can't wait to take it hiking and camping and really test it out.

More photos to come (especially when I get the OD green scales and Sagewood sheath adapter).

Best,
Matthew

Last edited:
Is that a swedge? Or is the light playing tricks in the picture?
That would appear to be a swedge
Dave had some CPKs sent out to Josh/REK to implement swedges.

Yep, it's swedged. The dude that ground it does dang fine work.

Do you field dress with the Terotuf?

I never could nail down a set for the original field knives, and this is my first season with the one in the picture, but yes I will field dress with it. It will be dedicated to field dressing and fire prep, but no food prep, so I'm not worried. I'll try to report on how well it cleans up.

If you don't have a CPK but you're curious, if you're not sure what all the hype is about.. get an FK2. You won't find a more comfortable knife for hard use with superb steel. We all love our HDFK's. We all love our choppers. Just get an FK2. It'll do it all. If we don't have one, we want one.

This taco sheath from Mashed Cat is phenomenal if you’re looking to have the ability to pocket carry your FK2 or just prefer a slimmer option.
Great retention as usual and the thumb ramp is very comfortable.
Thanks Eric!

Last edited:
Back