Forsaken Gemini & HOG Gemini Coming This Wednesday March 21, 2018. . . . Specs And Pricing!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Mar 17, 2018.

1. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of the .22 Forsaken Gemini’s tip. Like how the CBTs blend upwards :)
    Either way I’m in lol :)

Mike Pierson likes this.
  2. Andster2

Andster2

Feb 18, 2007
    How can I go about buying one?

3. Midwest Firecraft

Midwest Firecraft Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Mike Pierson and Andster2 like this.
  4. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    Is there a no swedge option like the tgm? Swedge makes it look like a bowie point ... might be angle

5. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    I'm not sure if I like the "bowie" style tip. That was the one aspect of the Forsaken Battle Mistress I didn't like.

6. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    If the HOG were priced $100 lower, it would sell out within 5 minutes, so I think as long as you get on within an hour you should be able get one. I’m thinking the comp cbt’s wont last as long.

Andster2 likes this.
  7. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    are the muddy brown or desert bronze coatings as smooth/slick/clean as the hammered silver or the old moss green? I can’t get both in comp!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  8. chileknife

chileknife

Mar 2, 2016
    How will they take in the orders?
    I was told that I could email my order, but what happens with the orders on the website?
    I will not be able to connect to a computer and my ipad does not let me choose blade coating when I try to buy a knife at bussecombat.com ( computer works). Will they even pay attention to my order through email?

First time buyer!! Ok

9. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I had same problem with iPad. Just hold finger down an any color until it has blue square areound it. Then color is much easier to change once in cart. Hope this helps!

Andster2 and HST like this.
  10. chileknife

chileknife

Mar 2, 2016
    Thanks, tried it but it does not work!!!
    I guess that I’ll have to wait a couple more years for my first infi TG :(

Phixt likes this.
  11. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    LOL within an hour for a .350 HOG HOLLOWED INFI TG below $600? Ya toast!

Hog treachery! :D

12. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    Looks that way. Better luck next time. :(

13. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    What happened? Did I say something offensive again? I am shit scared to post here! More or less? That’s how “new” I am

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. Sethrotull

Sethrotull Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2009
    On an IPhone and had the same problem. Zoom in on the colors and try tapping twice. Not too fast not too slow. You can go to the website and practice on a current offering.

15. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    That tan g10 HOG TB calls to me but the g10 prices not so much.. plus isn't micarta softer feeling in hand? Those of you that have micarta in different colors, how have they "aged"/changed color over time? Im thinking of tan or maroon.

16. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    Definitely. Ungloved hands grip micarta better. G-10 ages better, doesn’t absorb oils/moisture. I want a user in micarta and a collector in g-10. The $80 combo of black/tan looks killer, though. If you ever sell, I think a good color combo and uncoated finish help resale! I check the exchange everyday, but only own 4 busse, so...

Mike Pierson likes this.
  17. bullpin

bullpin

Dec 8, 2010
    On a more serious note, I really can’t see myself using the HOG for anything other than fondaling, and robbing drug dealers of course, and getting your $707 back from the exchange will be difficult if not impossible if you need the funds back for the TGLBLE! Something to think about is all I’m saying. :)[/QUOTE]

I think this is a prime example of HOg trickery. Trying to get us to not go for the hog version. Nice try!! ;) I’m going for multiple FATTIES tonight. Just set my alarm on phone. I forgot all the last weds offerings. Didn’t score any nukes I wanted.

MacLaren1, hydeinmind and Yonose like this.
  18. Mike Pierson

Mike Pierson Freedom is not Free Gold Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I have been out hawging up,
    & now this!
    & so it grows
    I like choices!

Leonardo63 and Yonose like this.
  19. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    Another question on coatings. I’m buying a coated version to save money. I know coatings like hammered silver tend to have more gremlins and the like, as the hardest coating hides them best. But I find busse blades a lot harder to strip than your average $100 knife. So I want one that won’t fade, like black or desert sage, but maybe just chip a little like hammered silver or the old moss green. Can any collector tell me which coating currently available is closest to hammered silver in its physical properties?

20. chileknife

chileknife

Mar 2, 2016
    Yeah!!! Thanks, now I got it.
    Im in again...YES!!!

luethge and Sethrotull like this.