Gayle Bradley Hard Use

Never let it go. One of the best Spyderco knives ever made in my opinion
Completely agree.

gwctKOU.jpg

ZIh6i51.jpg

Please tell me you kept at least one of those.:)

I really wish I had. Hit some super hard financial times and had to sell off my entire knife collection. If I'd known how difficult the GB1 would be to find years later, I'd probably have held onto them. One of my biggest regrets to this day kinfe-wise.

Yours were the reason I picked one up!!
I reluctantly let it go as well. Now they seem impossible to obtain again.

Yeah! Such a great and underrated knife. I'm kicking myself for not holding onto them.

I really wish I had. Hit some super hard financial times and had to sell off my entire knife collection. If I'd known how difficult the GB1 would be to find years later, I'd probably have held onto them. One of my biggest regrets to this day kinfe-wise.

I couldn’t agree more. I bought and sold a few of these only to majorly regret it. It’s one of the knives I miss the most.

I just payed a pretty high (crazy) price for GB1 on YT and I hope to have it in a week or two. I keep kicking myself for having it run completely under my radar a few years back when I got my to pocket knives for the first time.

But already the GB2 is a fantastic knife - very solid and use oriented.

I haven’t had the chance to indulge in any hard use activities yet, but I did take care of some chores around the house. I really forgot how much of a laser beam this thing is when it comes to cutting up cardboard! My parents bought my twins new beds from IKEA. And they came in so much cardboard it wasn’t even funny. So I decided to dice it up today with the GB1. I simply folded over the cardboard and made one cut through two layers of it at once. Like butter......

qWoFOMv.jpg

Still shaving sharp afterwards.....

Then I had to go change batteries in My cell trail cam and decided to go for a quick hike afterwards. Stopped for a breather and made some quick shavings... I seriously forgot how much I love this knife.

9fr5PuF.jpg

Still no hard use....but hung a bunch of pictures for the wife today. Prying up all the staples out of the frames wth the GB1 put a Few nice chips in the edge..... I will try to beat on it a little this week.

39Ibsu3.jpg

Still no real hard use yet. But using it a lot. Still has the chip in the blade. I started to try and sharpen it out and decided to just make it hair popping again and use it. I’ll let the chip come out over the next few sharpening.
My boys were working on school projects tonight. One boy was making wings out of cardboard and the other made some magnet shoes.... used the GB for sitting the cardboard, cordage, Velcro, and anything else they needed. Love this knife.

sSSUwFl.jpg

acAgpm0.jpg

ZxVdPpa.jpg

cCNgC4u.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread just to see where people have taken their GB's. I feel fortunate to have a primary and a backup of the GB1, both skeletonized liners.

I may be one of the few that wished the GB1 was just a touch lighter. Has anyone ever seen a liner delete scale that would replace the show side scale/liner and maybe shave 15 grams?

I keep coming back to this thread just to see where people have taken their GB's. I feel fortunate to have a primary and a backup of the GB1, both skeletonized liners.

I may be one of the few that wished the GB1 was just a touch lighter. Has anyone ever seen a liner delete scale that would replace the show side scale/liner and maybe shave 15 grams?
I actually LOVE the tipping point/balance of my solid liner GB1, but would insta-buy a titanium liner GB1 Sprint (since I'm dreaming, make it DLC).

I

The weight doesn’t bother me....but when I grab my PM2....I realize how heavy the GB is.

I

The weight doesn’t bother me....but when I grab my PM2....I realize how heavy the GB is.
And somehow I love the both all the more. Frankly, I'd probably buy an FRN-lightweight GB2 backlock the instant it was available, as long as it was hollow ground.

Back