GEC #35 Churchill Thread

My go
There are a few dealers that provide individual pics so that you can see both sides of the actual knife before buying. I did that with my Ebony Churchill and it worked out great.
My go to dealer always sends me the goods and never have to ask :D "DLT" They have never sent me a jacked up knife unlike a previous experience I had some were else ." Not a traditional"
With that being said Love the jet black on both covers but I would of been happy with a blonde swirl lol here and there. Heck I love them all !!

Last edited:
Being able to see each one before purchase is good. But generally those that can show each one have a limited stock, as they order a handful as opposed to a few dozen. An equally good idea is to just put in the order notes that you want a pitch black one - fill or kill. That way your pick will come from a larger sampling and an eye seeing it in hand.

Actually, I thought much differently. The covers that do not have photos are the ones that are more uniform... I.E. Micartas, Acrylic and Gabon Ebony. Most of the dealers that offer the Stag for example, provide photos because they are definitely not uniform(Thickness, burn markings, grooves, etc.). no matter how many they buy, but also, I have not seen hundreds and hundreds of stock photos as there have not been hundreds and hundreds alotted to each individual dealer. I have not seen a dealer that does not do individual photos with those types of covers. Now, I give you credit bigtime, because you do cull quite a handful at a discount. How do I know? Because I have purchased a boatload from you, Mr. Latham. The 35 stag had options but there were not any dealers that has hundreds for sale. My 35 stag was my pick from your website even though you reserve system had glitches again!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I thought much differently. The covers that do not have photos are the ones that are more uniform... I.E. Micartas, Acrylic and Gabon Ebony. Most of the dealers that offer the Stag for example, provide photos because they are definitely not uniform(Thickness, burn markings, grooves, etc.). no matter how many they buy, but also, I have not seen hundreds and hundreds of stock photos as there have not been hundreds and hundreds alotted to each individual dealer. I have not seen a dealer that does not do individual photos with those types of covers. Now, I give you credit bigtime, because you do cull quite a handful at a discount. How do I know? Because I have purchased a boatload from you, Mr. Latham. The 35 stag had options but there were not any dealers that has hundreds for sale. My 35 stag was my pick from your website even though you reserve system had glitches again!!!!!!!!!

I suppose if you have issues with how Mr. Latham conducts his business, you could take that to the GBU section. I've had nothing but great experiences with Mike's business and his Early Reserve system. Glitches can happen, for sure. We do live in an age of technology after all. However, I do seem to recall him asking for folks to email him should they experience issues with his Early Reserve notifications. I'd recommend doing that if you haven't already.

Otherwise, I am very happy to see this thread continuing on and that folks are happy with their Churchills, I am of a mind that this pattern is most definitely a "sleeper hit". If I didn't have money tied up in future knife releases, I would be trying to get a second or third one myself.

I suppose if you have issues with how Mr. Latham conducts his business, you could take that to the GBU section. I've had nothing but great experiences with Mike's business and his Early Reserve system. Glitches can happen, for sure. We do live in an age of technology after all. However, I do seem to recall him asking for folks to email him should they experience issues with his Early Reserve notifications. I'd recommend doing that if you haven't already.

Otherwise, I am very happy to see this thread continuing on and that folks are happy with their Churchills, I am of a mind that this pattern is most definitely a "sleeper hit". If I didn't have money tied up in future knife releases, I would be trying to get a second or third one myself.
Who said I had an issue? Because of the last half of my last sentence. I stated I got the knife I wanted. I was stating that it had a glitch. You mean I have to start a GBU because I mentioned a glitch? I mentioned that I have purchased a boatload from him for a reason. That must mean I an happy with his service. I never slandered him. If you have an issue with what I said, just ask, Patrick. Please never accuse! Move on now to talk about knives in particular.

Last edited:

Most definitely a sleeper hit?? I have seen mixed reviews so I would not say a sleeper hit. Plus, a hit would mean to me that there are limited access because availability. As of now the market is flooded with them. Are they are to obtain across the pond? In the United States, the dealers are stocked as you are well aware I am sure.

Who said I had an issue? Because of my last sentence. I stated I got the knife I wanted. I was stating that it had a glitch. You mean I have to start a GBU because I mentioned a glitch? I mentioned that I have purchased a boatload from him for a reason. That must mean I an happy with his service. I never slandered him. If you have an issue with what I said, just ask, Patrick. Please never accuse! Move on now to talk about knives in particular.

Yikes! I never accused you of anything, I was just trying to offer some helpful advice. Sorry I bothered.

Have a fine evening.

Yikes! I never accused you of anything, I was just trying to offer some helpful advice. Sorry I bothered.

Have a fine evening.
Thank you too. good evening, night or morning in your part of the world. Peace to you my friend.

Finally getting a chance to post some photos of my three #35's. Being a huge fan of single spring two blade knives these are destined to become some of my favorites. :D
38416333681_0f95636008_b.jpg

38360409176_1576bdccfe_b.jpg

The pile side of that center model looks killer...great coloration!

Really? You like that banana shield? Thank killed it for me.
I absolutely LOVE my green banana bone 35! I have it sitting where I can see it so I can use it to generate endorphins when I'm runnin' low.

I actually wish GECs hotdog shield looked like an actual hotdog. Or like a real wiener dog, either way.

Well I'll admit this knife wasn't really on my radar when it was first announced, but the more i thought about it the more i realized it ticks a lot of boxes for me. The stag handled one I picked up has been in my pocket almost everyday since it arrived. I have a yellow rose on the way now and am eyeing the ebony and cougar claw pretty heavily. I usually pass on acrylics but that humingbird acrylic with satin finished Northfield blades is also tempting.

No, nothing to do with early reserve. New software that sends emails to a list one at a time every X minutes wasn't sending html correctly. First time I used it and it has been corrected. But thanks for informing everyone with 9 !'s. ;)
No problem, Mang!!!!!!!!!! How about and even 10. Sulphur! Well I never been to heaven
But I been to Oklahoma
Well they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma, not Arizona
What does it matter
What does it matter

I'd like to get a stag #35 but I just don't really like the long pull or the big etch. Wish GEC would do some stag knives with all nail nicks.

I finally broke down and ordered a nice stag Northfield. I don't know why I sat on the fence so long, as the Churchill is ideal in my book. Single spring, clip main with a straight edge secondary. The white owl I received recently had me jonesing for another, so I got the 35 hopefully to scratch that itch. I also don't have any stag knives and I've been feeling like a sideliner on Saturdays.

Back