GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

The Micarta from last go around was really nice. If I recall it was called Bone Linen Micarta. The current reservation is for Natural Linen micarta. I'm guessing the Natural Linen will have more of a butterscotch color? The Bone Linen was very light color.

The Bone Linen was really more like canvas micarta. I wonder if the Natural linen will be finer thread this time around...

The Natural Linen on the 78 run and something else recently that escapes me actually had a very nice color to it, like butterscotch, as you say. It still doesn't make me want it but I can still appreciate it.

This is my first attempt at the CK early reserve system and I believe I got in very early! Had my phone open and all when the alert came in.

So from here some of us get a choice? What’s the turn around time from here? A couple months?

I hope everyone else got a fair crack at it, and thanks for letting me play along!

I still remember when a "267" text would come in and I would assume it was spam!

Haha, 267 text now means crack ur knuckles and log in quick!

Really like the design specs of this knife.

I’m glad I got in on this one! Luckily was looking at the page as the notification went out. I’m assuming based on the description this will be one knife per customer, not one knife of each variety? If so, seems that more people will get a crack at one this time!

I wonder if Mike's site is still getting hammered right now. Very, very slow.

I appreciate his solution this time around. I remember the conversation last year being lengthy, he having to deal with all sorts of shenanigans, and it leaving a lot of angst on the table.

Here's a red sawcut from prior run... without matchstrike pull

C6NVEt9.jpg

Have they done a Spear with Match Strike Pull before???

It is a good question, one that I do not have an answer to. If you are asking about spears in general, then yes. If you are asking specifically about the 77 Barlows, then I don't know. GEC's site doesn't show a match strike on past 77 spears but I also know that isn't the most comprehensive source material.

Back