GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

:mad:
:mad:
oXvYYi5.jpg

Last edited:
Think I got in pretty quick. It stayed green well after I got my confirmation. Pretty pumped about this!

I got reserved and then standby logged at 4:47 keeping my fingers crossed since this is the fourth time I tried to get one.All the options are really great choices. Hoping for some luck this time

I received one email that said "Reserved" and then two follow up emails that said the status was changed to "Standby". My status on the CK site dashboard does say "Reserved". Any idea what that's about?

I am very happy with the cover choices this time around, though I am only really interested in two of them. Red Sawcut is my favorite, followed by Blackwood. The only thing that would have sweetened that lineup is switching the micarta out for Stag :D.

Mmmm, micarta. I mean, I want the red sawcut, too, but would gladly take micarta over the Blackwood.

Wow, that was a rather leisurely amount of time before closed. I was fortunately by my phone and saw it light up at the right time. Some good Friday knife stoke!

Mmmm, micarta. I mean, I want the red sawcut, too, but would gladly take micarta over the Blackwood.

The Micarta from last go around was really nice. If I recall it was called Bone Linen Micarta. The current reservation is for Natural Linen micarta. I'm guessing the Natural Linen will have more of a butterscotch color? The Bone Linen was very light color.

The Bone Linen was really more like canvas micarta. I wonder if the Natural linen will be finer thread this time around...

Edit: GEC blog lists this as Bone Canvas. I'm not sure if I recall correctly.. maybe it was on the reserve as linen and changed to canvas later.. doesn't matter really. Here's a pic from prior run of Bone Canvas

46ab4b588a63c520d1c65cda0a257852.png

Last edited:
Anyone have an Amber sawcut example? There are so many variations of brown I can’t keep em straight.

Back