1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Oct 30, 2014.

1. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    I like more amber colour, but it is probably going to look too much like muscadine sawcut on 2018 ancient barlow, only GEC barlow I own, so I will go for red if I can. My preferences match those of JohnDF.

JohnDF likes this.
  2. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Lots of napping going on around here lol...

Leslie Tomville, JohnDF and tmd_87 like this.
  3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I was just looking at GEC's pictures and their example of last year's Elderberry Camel Bone is soooo misleading. It made me chuckle.

[​IMG]

This was mine.

[​IMG]

4. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    I hope the red sawcut is about like that.
    :thumbsup: :D

5. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    And for a brief moment in time...this thread is moving faster than Guardians of the Lambsfoot! :)

rswanson, cigarrodog, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  6. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. rdave

rdave Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    I love it....this is mine

fullsizeoutput_1dd.jpeg

8. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Got my confirmation within 1 min of receiving text.. so excited.
    Happy to get any- but will be happier to get a sawcut .

9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I think I like the black wood covers. But I have a thing for saw cut bone, live the stuff!

10. rswanson

rswanson Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I fourth? Fifth? Sixth? Clip/coping desert ironwood FTW! Carried mine for a good 3-4 months solid as an every day experiment. Never left me wanting. Hope I get a shot at the new spear!

IMG_5333.JPG

11. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Red Sawcut Bone is one of my very favorite cover materials. Since I started playing the game, as they say, I've tried to get it each time it is offered. The only one that has thus far eluded me is the Cranberry Sawcut TC. Perhaps there will come a day when I go to seek older examples but for now, I will continue to build on my modest assortment.

[​IMG]

12. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    I guess I came out on the short side of the draw. :( Oh well....

tmd_87 likes this.
  13. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, that's a nice trio.

tmd_87 likes this.
  14. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    My congrats to all of you folks who did get a Reservation . They are fantastic knives and I am sure that you will not be disappointed .

Harry

mrknife, tmd_87, Fodderwing and 4 others like this.
  15. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Let's round them up, shall we? (My earnest apologies for all rights to pictures infringed.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    I don't see any difference between african blackwood and ebony. (Kindly educate me on this matter.) Nicr, but plain wood. I would prefere something with more character like snakewood, ironwood or cocobolo.

17. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Well, at least I have one of the previous run. Blood Red 2-blade

18. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Didn't have my phone on me at the drop. Oh well. Can't snag them all. Congrats to all who are in this time around. Should be awesome.

Fox79 likes this.
  19. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I may be late asking, but does anyone know "exactly" what were reserving as far as covers and blade go? Or are we still guessing?

Or

"YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!" o_O:)

20. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Northfield, Single Spear blade, long matchstriker pull, cut swedge, satin finish, no shield, nickel silver long “NF” bolster and liners.

Variations: Red Sawcut Bone, Amber Sawcut Bone, African Blackwood, Natural Linen Micarta.

tmd_87, Boxer .45 and JohnDF like this.