GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I like more amber colour, but it is probably going to look too much like muscadine sawcut on 2018 ancient barlow, only GEC barlow I own, so I will go for red if I can. My preferences match those of JohnDF.

I was just looking at GEC's pictures and their example of last year's Elderberry Camel Bone is soooo misleading. It made me chuckle.

AHBsV5Q.jpg

This was mine.

FdKNrRH.jpg

Got my confirmation within 1 min of receiving text.. so excited.
Happy to get any- but will be happier to get a sawcut .

Red Sawcut Bone is one of my very favorite cover materials. Since I started playing the game, as they say, I've tried to get it each time it is offered. The only one that has thus far eluded me is the Cranberry Sawcut TC. Perhaps there will come a day when I go to seek older examples but for now, I will continue to build on my modest assortment.

h4BxEWQ.jpg

Red Sawcut Bone is one of my very favorite cover materials. Since I started playing the game, as they say, I've tried to get it each time it is offered. The only one that has thus far eluded me is the Cranberry Sawcut TC. Perhaps there will come a day when I go to seek older examples but for now, I will continue to build on my modest assortment.

h4BxEWQ.jpg
Wow, that's a nice trio.

I don't see any difference between african blackwood and ebony. (Kindly educate me on this matter.) Nicr, but plain wood. I would prefere something with more character like snakewood, ironwood or cocobolo.

Didn't have my phone on me at the drop. Oh well. Can't snag them all. Congrats to all who are in this time around. Should be awesome.

I may be late asking, but does anyone know "exactly" what were reserving as far as covers and blade go? Or are we still guessing?

Or

"YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!" o_O:)

I may be late asking, but does anyone know "exactly" what were reserving as far as covers and blade go? Or are we still guessing?

Or

"YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!" o_O:)

Northfield, Single Spear blade, long matchstriker pull, cut swedge, satin finish, no shield, nickel silver long “NF” bolster and liners.

Variations: Red Sawcut Bone, Amber Sawcut Bone, African Blackwood, Natural Linen Micarta.

Back