GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Saw some pics of the reds on Facebook. Think you guys are gonna be happy with those.

“Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.” (Pablo Escobar):D

They seem to go for quite a bit on auction sites, and I wouldn't sell it for the higher numbers, so I figured that said something. Guess I've wanted it longer than what someone would pay. :)

I was fond of a girl named Amber once. ;)

I have to echo cigarrodog cigarrodog here (on the snakewood would have swayed me). I did have second thoughts when I ordered, but I knew I'd have that no matter what I chose.

I don't mean to take away from anyone enjoying their awesome sawcuts, but it's too bad the reds didn't come out so red on the shoulders. That might have swayed me on that one. What really draws me to that cover is the almost black/deep, deep red on the flats.

The amber sawcuts look great. I can’t help but think how they would look in an all steel version? This new release is going to have to be pretty well executed to take the place of this old girl...View attachment 1198798

Now that's an awesome 77. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: If I had to choose, I'd take yours over any from this new run. The fit and finish on the 2015 run was just crazy good, even by GEC's standards. Maybe their best work yet, and those steel bolsters are so wonderfully rugged looking. You also have the canvas micarta, my favorite cover material for a working knife, which will probably never be seen again on Northfield trim.

That being said, this year's run looks amazing. Great cover options, and the match strike pull is a nice addition. Can't wait for my micarta to arrive.

Status
Out for Delivery

yVO4ZjI.gif

Swoon. I get that some don't like it, but the understated color on it is perfect, in my opinion. I could have gone a bit more saturated, but I love how it is. I also love the freckles of dark color. Fit and finish is as close to perfect (for my taste) as I've had from GEC in a while.

The only thing I don't like is the blade etch. Kudos to mike for 1) keeping it small, and 2) putting it on back side of blade. Really hate this requirement from GEC.

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 47
Getting my AB today/tonight....while I am excited to see it...there's only a bit of remorse that I was not able to get the red SC. We'll see how it goes. Hope everybody is happy with their new knives!!!
Peter

Back