General Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
brian, its great to hear things are moving in the right direction and you got the refund you deserved. i eagerly await to see some progress pics.

What email should i reply on?
Your evanknifeandtools.com email dont work for a damn :p

Guys, shoot me an email with your screen name and your real name and I'll update it in the spreadsheet. Also, I will have additional knives for sale when this run is done, as I ordered extra to sell past the ones ordered, but I don't want to take any more money ahead of time. I wouldn't feel right doing that. Call it superstition, but I want to do it right from here forward.......

Brian,
I would like a refund on my order also.
I ordered directly from you and as everyone else, I want a refund of monies paid to you through Paypal.
Please contact me A.S.A.P.

John Figueroa
Hi Brian, I have moved since I ordered the knife. I have already emailed you regarding the change in address. But I haven't gotten a reply. Please get back to me on this.
John- did you ever get an answer back on the address change? I am in the same situation.

Even though I received a full refund from Brian (I was one of the last ones, if not the last one to get it), I have to give my take on this entire endeavor. I would like to start with saying that initially I was under the impression that EKT will be producing (making) the knives. I was a bit thrown back when Brian spent more than a year trying to find someone to make the knives for him. I am still not in the clear who is manufacturing these knives or parts of them? Maybe I misunderstood something in the fine prints, but still is this an EKT manufactured or just EKT designed knife and produced by who ever is cheapest and fastest? Secondly, communication with people who trusted and invested their money in EKT was awful at best. Late email replies, if there were any, long waits, etc. I dropped by to this thread to see how the things are progressing and I can see that nothing changed. If Brian took upon himself to make each knife by hand, on by one, he would be finished by now. It has been more than a year and there isn't a single photo of the progress. My feeling here is, if you do not have the time to do something, don't do it. Especially when all these people depend on you and you took upon yourself to take their money. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this, it's just my two cents. I wish Brian all the best, but this is not the way to do business.

Even though I received a full refund from Brian (I was one of the last ones, if not the last one to get it), I have to give my take on this entire endeavor. I would like to start with saying that initially I was under the impression that EKT will be producing (making) the knives. I was a bit thrown back when Brian spent more than a year trying to find someone to make the knives for him. I am still not in the clear who is manufacturing these knives or parts of them? Maybe I misunderstood something in the fine prints, but still is this an EKT manufactured or just EKT designed knife and produced by who ever is cheapest and fastest? Secondly, communication with people who trusted and invested their money in EKT was awful at best. Late email replies, if there were any, long waits, etc. I dropped by to this thread to see how the things are progressing and I can see that nothing changed. If Brian took upon himself to make each knife by hand, on by one, he would be finished by now. It has been more than a year and there isn't a single photo of the progress. My feeling here is, if you do not have the time to do something, don't do it. Especially when all these people depend on you and you took upon yourself to take their money. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this, it's just my two cents. I wish Brian all the best, but this is not the way to do business.
It was in the fine print. So was that there are no refunds all though Brian himself said there would be, which there were for a while.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but wasnt the first run made overseas?

It was in the fine print. So was that there are no refunds all though Brian himself said there would be, which there were for a while.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but wasnt the first run made overseas?

you would be correct, the 1st run was made in China.

I don't understand how everyone that has paid for these knives and listened to all Brian's hollow promises about receiving updates every two weeks is ok with how he is treating us??

It is totally unacceptable and I find the way he is treating us very distastefull!!!
Brain, I understand that the knives are late and as mentioned before that is not what is upsetting me! What is upsetting me is your bullshit attitude towards your customers!
This is starting to feel like a scam! Have you taken our money to finance your divorce, or new wedding or whatever else? The feedback from you is thinning out like you are ready to disappear with our money.
There is no evidence of the new fabricated knives only your words which quite frankly don't mean anything at this stage!!
You hinted at posting photos, nothing yet. How long does it take to take a picture with a camera phone...?
I don't believe the knives have been started, I think you are bull shitting us. (Please prove me wrong)
Please provide us with photos and fixed and firm dates for completion, this rubbish of late updates with no definite end date is not acceptable anymore.
I look forward to hearing from you!!

Too bad refunds aren't being offered any more. I am out of patience with this whole situation. Do we have any other recourse here?

This is complete bullshit. When I first messaged him about the knife he was quick to respond. Now he won't respond to anyone. The only proof we have of is he has a check for 10k, along with the rest of our money. On March 28th he said the new shop quoted 8 weeks. March 31st he said that company had ordered the steel and would be in-house within a week. April 13th he said the numbers were submitted and production would start the following week. That would mean production would be completed around June 8th. He also said at this time he would be requestioning production pictures. We are now at week 11 since production should have started and no pictures. Does anyone know who this "new shop" is so we can find out what is going on? It's been over a year now since I paid for this and all we get are somewhat generic updates, no replies to messages, comments, emails etc...

I have also sent Brian three or four messages on Facebook Messenger and I've even emailed him I have yet to receive confirmation that he got me email because I moved twice since this whole thing started and both times I've tried giving him my address and he doesn't let me know if he's got it or not. It's crazy because everyone I talk to about this whole situation says it sounds like a big scam. I hope it ain't but like everybody else said we're not seeing any pictures of the progress or anything with the knives he keeps promising us updates every two weeks we're lucky to get an update once a month. It's crazy because it seems like people are willing to buy his knives if he'd be willing to put in the work to get them out to people. I am starting to believe the majority of the issues are because of Brian not because of these different companies he's trying to have make the knives because he's promised us and promised us and never keeps to it people would be happy if we could just get updates on the stuff.

Yeah, this is hard. He strikes me as a good bloke, but one who has serious issues "organising" things. We're coming up on a year and a half here. Don't forget he did have pictures from the first attempt to get this run machined. So that says to me he wants to get it done. But man, when you don't post pictures or answer messages, how do you think people will feel? I agree with Pacino1911 - all he'd have to do is update to ease people's frustrations. I do know that there can be some strange psychology here that some people don't understand. But I've been there. When everything turns to shit, or you're embarrassed and ashamed, or you're doing something self-destructive, for some people there's this weird reaction where you kinda shut down, disappear, and ignore the world. Part of your brain wants to sort it out, another part of your brain wants to deny and run away, so you kind of end up with this weird mental lock-up and dissonance. And severe stress and trauma--like that experienced by EMTs--can really do some bizarre things to your executive functioning.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I'm just as pissed off as everyone else. I guess I'm saying I understand why this might be happening, and I'm trying to ease people's minds that this isn't necessarily a scam. Brian, if you are reading this, please mate, you HAVE TO post an update. It's not an option. Rip the bandage off hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back