General Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan I need to update my address I've sent multiple emails back from march please respond. Also give some sort of progress other than the empty deadlines of progress that have been going on from October

I emailed him in march about a address change still nothing

Is this Will N.? If so, I had already updated your address after you sent it to me on March 28, I just checked. I just sent you another email as well.

Brian, all we are asking is that you keep your word and provide us with the fortnightly update.
I'm sure every one following this thread myself included pop in every two weeks and then daily after no update is received. Sometimes multiple times a day. Whereafter you feel like a chump because the update we look so forward to is not up.
The only reason the update is not up is because you can not keep to your word!! So excuse us for thinking this is a scam.....
So stop with the hollow promises and start keeping your word! We understand the problems but you are not doing yourself any favours by not keeping to your word and providing client service.
One last thought; would you be happy being treated the way you are treating us if the rolls were reversed I.e. You have paid money and receive late updates etc. (and I'm not taking the things outside of your control into account, only the things that are within your control like updates that were promised)

Is this Will N.? If so, I had already updated your address after you sent it to me on March 28, I just checked. I just sent you another email as well.

I didn't receive a reply so I wasn't sure if anything was changed if you can email me what address you have on file to confirm I'd appreciate it I send a email with just my address yesterday

I understand he mentioned "shutting down" after this run, but he is making himself look horrible. Dragging his own name through the dirt. Everything this is going on in this thread right now, and he reply to 1 person about an address change, but not the other(s) or any of our concerns. Any internet detectives on here that can try to find out which company is in charge of this run now?

Thanks for the update Brian. That's what we need. Information and photos. Maybe even direct quotes from the company, rather than paraphrasing. Keep moving forward dude. Updates updates updates!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a
duck and quacks like a duck then it is
probably a duck.

I hate to think that someone is lacking in honesty and integrity but sometimes
their actions speak so loudly that you
are forced to make that assumption.

Brian appears to be reading the emails(and
appeares to be responding to small things
like an address change). Yet he choses to
not respond to reasonable requests like
How is production going, when is shipping to be expected etc.

This leads me to believe that our money
Is gone and he is either trying to repay/raise
the money to produce the knives or he has just given up on the whole project and may
or may not tell us that our money is gone
And to forget about
money or knife.
I truly hope that I am wrong, and will
be surprised by the arrival of the high quality knife that I have bought, paid for and that Brian has promised.
Brian, if I am wrong about you then I
would suggest a quick response and
Update would be the minimum that you
could provide.
Or have you just
Given up on the project and we haven't
Yet been told.

I understand he mentioned "shutting down" after this run, but he is making himself look horrible. Dragging his own name through the dirt. Everything this is going on in this thread right now, and he reply to 1 person about an address change, but not the other(s) or any of our concerns. Any internet detectives on here that can try to find out which company is in charge of this run now?
It's Metallinus Synergy out of Escanaba.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a
duck and quacks like a duck then it is
probably a duck.

I hate to think that someone is lacking in honesty and integrity but sometimes
their actions speak so loudly that you
are forced to make that assumption.

Brian appears to be reading the emails(and
appeares to be responding to small things
like an address change). Yet he choses to
not respond to reasonable requests like
How is production going, when is shipping to be expected etc.

This leads me to believe that our money
Is gone and he is either trying to repay/raise
the money to produce the knives or he has just given up on the whole project and may
or may not tell us that our money is gone
And to forget about
money or knife.
I truly hope that I am wrong, and will
be surprised by the arrival of the high quality knife that I have bought, paid for and that Brian has promised.
Brian, if I am wrong about you then I
would suggest a quick response and
Update would be the minimum that you
could provide.
Or have you just
Given up on the project and we haven't
Yet been told.

I've not given up on the project, I have not spent all the money and am now trying to raise money to pay everyone back, no one needs to forget about the knives. I can't update anyone beyond literally quoting what I've been told by the guy running the shop that is making the knives. What else would you have me do? Specific steps that would make you feel better?

Am I thinking about getting out of the knife business after this run? Yep, cause I am tired of dealing with delays and pushbacks and shops that can't seem to give me a decent timeline or hold to deadlines. I'm tired of looking like an idiot because I can't actively control the production process.

But if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. On July 5th I will be contacting Kevin and asking if the knives are running as he said they would be. If they are, great. If they aren't, what are my options? What do you all feel like our options are at that point?

Thanks Brian. From my experience, manufacturing companies will always say they can do it (because it's bringing in business for them, no one's ever going to say no), even when they can't do it in the timeframe they quote. Again, because it's money into their shop. I've always doubled whatever time-frame they quote, after which I start to pester them.

What happened to the S35VN blanks cut at that first company which screwed up the steel type? Do you still have those? Maybe that's an option for some people.

I just picked up a Companion from the 1st run in a trade recently (S35vn). I got the jade scales, orange and purple scales and this thing is awesome. I cannot wait for this to be over with and I can have 2 companions . If this second run turns out like anything from the first batch, then you guys won't be disappointed.

I'd have to agree, if these are anything like the first run, everyone will be a happy camper! Just wish there were some pictures of the process.

Last edited:
I've not given up on the project, I have not spent all the money and am now trying to raise money to pay everyone back, no one needs to forget about the knives. I can't update anyone beyond literally quoting what I've been told by the guy running the shop that is making the knives. What else would you have me do? Specific steps that would make you feel better?

Am I thinking about getting out of the knife business after this run? Yep, cause I am tired of dealing with delays and pushbacks and shops that can't seem to give me a decent timeline or hold to deadlines. I'm tired of looking like an idiot because I can't actively control the production process.

But if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. On July 5th I will be contacting Kevin and asking if the knives are running as he said they would be. If they are, great. If they aren't, what are my options? What do you all feel like our options are at that point?

Just wanted to throw in my two cents, I've been mostly a quiet observer since throwing my lot in on the campaign when it started. I don't think anyone blames you for issues at the various shops. We don't have to like the delays, but frankly a lot of that seems like it's outside your control.

What's frustrating is to be told we'll get bi-weekly updates, and then to repeatedly not get those promised updates. You often might have nothing to report, but if you communicate according to the schedule you gave us, it would go a long way towards settling folks down. Even if the news isn't good, I think most would rather know what's happening. Also, you may be working your tail off behind the scene, but we have no way of knowing that and you don't get any credit for it if you don't tell us.

Stick to those bi-weekly (or more frequent) updates and I think a lot of these complaints go away. For what it's worth, I'm still sticking it out till the end and looking forward to a wonderful knife one of these days.

Thanks for the update Brian,
What is the expected completion date? Surely you would have asked the shop....
Please provide expected completion date.

Last edited:
Well he is on the forum now, maybe he will stop in his own page with a updated;)

Thank you Brian,
At least now we know it is going to be minimum 12 weeks for completion and not waiting / hoping for your next update saying the knifes are finished.
Good luck let's hope there aren't anymore delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back