General Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention that you can’t discuss certain things on an open forum??? The time for excuses and deflecting questions and answers has come and gone. There is one golden rule in life: you can say anything as long as it is the truth!!!! Brian we need and deserve honest and detailed answers!!!!
I look forward to your response.

I agree, and I feel that the time for being polite is rapidly coming to an end. Brian, if you're reading this, you claim no one is getting burned on the crowdfunding campaign (a comment which appeared to be directed at my post above [#73] since I used the term "crowd funded" and it went up about 12 minutes after I posted it) and honestly I still want to believe that. However, after you posted your update, I asked some questions, similar to the ones that Piet pielle asked above, 45 minutes after you posted said update. That was over a week ago and I have heard nothing in response. Other people have attempted to contact you here on the forums, on Facebook, and directly through email, and they all appear to have been unable to reach you as well. When you've made a commitment to getting a product to your customers - customers that have already paid - they deserve to know what's going on, be it good or bad. I don't understand why our questions aren't being answered, and you don't seem to be willing to tell us. In fact, you don't seem to be willing to be tell us much of anything aside from the fact that things aren't getting done, and that you no longer appear to be in direct control of the operation so it's not your fault. If things really are out of your control on your own project for whatever reason, fine. It's your business, and far be it from me to tell you how to run it. But we deserve answers to our questions. That's all we've wanted this entire time. Yet we have literally no information beyond the fact that BRK may, or may not, be doing "something" and that you don't know when we can expect the finished product. I find this unacceptable. I will be joining those requesting a full refund for both the knife and the extra scales that I ordered, since I have bills to pay and could use the money that it appears I've spent with nothing to show for but empty promises. If my email goes unanswered like our questions have, or like appears to be happening to fellow forum members, I will take this up on the feedback forum. This is ridiculous. You claim no one is getting burned on the crowdfunding campaign. The time has since come to prove that, but you have been unable to prove it to me, and it is truly disappointing.

Last edited:
ive also sent brian a couple of emails and havent had a response. i hope everything is ok.

I agree, and I feel that the time for being polite is rapidly coming to an en....it is truly disappointing.

I have to say I'm on the same page. The wife and I are moving and need to buy some new furnishings. I could really use the money, but also really want the knife, I heard nothing but amazing things about the first one. I also don't want to generate undue pressure but we need to know more.

I will apologize that I sounded kinda harsh in my above post. I've had a bit of time to sit and cool off now, and my email was much more civil. I'm just frustrated, as I don't understand why it seems like we're getting pushed to the back burner, as it were. I mean, obviously he's a working man with a job to do, as I'm sure most of us are, but at the same time, we're still his customers, and I don't think our questions are that unreasonable.

Still no reply yet from Brian. I'm sorry about everything that's gone wrong Brian but at this point it's not worth waiting any more. Please email me back asap or I will be contacting PayPal to do the return.

Yeah, Brian, I mean, what's happening with BRK and whatever outside hang-ups, it sucks. And I really do feel bad about the way it's all going down. But staying quiet about everything and not returning folks emails? Processing some guys requests for refunds and ignoring others? That's not on BRK. That's not on Mike Stewart or outside vendors. That's on you, and you alone. If I don't hear back from you by the end of the day tomorrow, I'm taking this whole fiasco to the feedback sub-forum, and I guess we'll go from there. At this point, I think everybody is ready to be done with this, so just honor the requests for refunds from myself and the other folks asking, and that'll be the end of it, and we can all get on with our lives.

Still no reply yet from Brian. I'm sorry about everything that's gone wrong Brian but at this point it's not worth waiting any more. Please email me back asap or I will be contacting PayPal to do the return.

im in the same boat...im to the point where this is gone on too long...unfortunately i paid with my credit card so i dont know if i can fight it thru them...if i contact indiegogo, they will probably tell me to contact the person...

All the refunds will be processed tomorrow. Please see the update.

**edit, we got sent to sit on the street in the ambulance. I'll try to get it typed up over lunch. It's going to be a doozy.

Hi Brian,
See you are online, please stay online when you have posted an update for Q & A.
I don't see the update?

Last edited:
I think a Q & A would be great but maybe we should try and schedule for a time when Brian doesn't have to worry about going back to work off of his lunch break? He doesn't need the added stress of trouble at his day job. I'd be happy to work around his schedule to get answers personally, as long as a time can be established and agreed upon.

No problem, a time can be scheduled, that will give the other members time to plan and participate.
Brian mentioned an update is up but I can not find it...

No problem, a time can be scheduled, that will give the other members time to plan and participate.
Brian mentioned an update is up but I can not find it...

He said he'll type it up over lunch, it was in an edit of the first post.

Wow, that explains a lot, and I feel like kind of a dick now for some of the things I said. I sincerely apologize for losing my temper. I should have given you more time to explain. On a slightly different note, I will no longer purchase any Bark River knives. What Mike Stewart is pulling is complete and utter bullshit.

Be patient Y'shua, as the update says he doesn't have the deposit back from Bark River yet. Then then has to find a machine shop /knifemaker to produce them. May be a while, in the mean while I'll pop some corn.

Woodsyone & Brian

If I came off as brash or irritated it wasn't intended, I'm just a very procedurally minded person. I am fine with waiting, I just like to know a plan is in place. At the very least I would like to know what the list of potential makers is, as well as a loose timeline for decisions regarding individual steps of the process.

As would I! A plan is the way things get done. Brian has been very up front about what his plan was then it fell apart along with his marriage. His only choice now is get a new plan together and find out answers to all the questions. Since his ordeal after 19 months is over, I'm sure this will have his full attention and we will see something.

I am at a loss...I can be patient, that is easy enough...but this feels like it is getting so messy...

Dear Brian,
I am sorry that this has not worked out as I was looking forward to the two knives ordered. Please cancel my order and process the refund. I have sent a seperate email.
I hope the future works out for you.
Best regards
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back