Glennbad is a baaaad man

Boker United Rustler's Stockman Glenn recovered for me in Snakewood. Been carrying the past week to get the patina going on the blades. This knife had some cell handles that were off gassing leaving some pitting in the blade which can be seen on the main clip. Glenn kept the slanted bolsters and left out a shield per my request to not cover up any of the figured snakewood. My favorite type of wood.

Thanks Glenn!

Before
EbKwDmH.jpg

After
wbXfrcC.jpg

PWahX2t.jpg

8keXCl4.jpg

Rumors of my demise have been wildly exaggerated. I have been extremely busy with work, as well as trying to get my F-I-L's house ready for sale. Man, I think I've done more work there than on my own house, LOL.

I have been able to slowly chip away at my backlog, although certainly not as fast as I would like. Here are a few recent ones...

GEC Mini Trapper in stag
Barry8.jpg
Barry9.jpg

This one was fun, a Schatt & Morgan 3 blade, one blade was a presto lite key. The original covers were that composite/ gum fuddy stuff. The new covers were even more interesting, it's some of the recovered wood out of the old Cattaraugus factory. It gave off a wonderful fragrant aroma when I was hafting it.

S&M 1a resize.jpg
S&M2.jpg
S&M1.jpg

This last one was a custom by JD Chancellor. A nice knife, but kinda bland bone covers. What better to do than a custom custom, with some amber jigged bone...

Chancellor1a resize.jpg
Chancellor1.jpg
Chancellor2.jpg

They ALL look Great Glenn!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:
Can't wait to get off work and see the Schatt! :D She'll be going in the display for the Oregon show..... that is the 1st pesto lite Schatt I had ever seen. ;):)
Thank You!! And Thank You Galvanic for the Cattaraugus covers! :thumbsup:

Dave

Nice to see your good work, Glenn, and to see you back!!:thumbsup:

They ALL look Great Glenn!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:
Can't wait to get off work and see the Schatt! :D She'll be going in the display for the Oregon show..... that is the 1st pesto lite Schatt I had ever seen. ;):)
Thank You!! And Thank You Galvanic for the Cattaraugus covers! :thumbsup:

Dave

That Presto-lite sure is improved, Dave!! And I hope to see it in person in a couple of weeks!!:)

I sent Glenn a few knives for some custom scales and received a couple of them back today. The first is a Case Damascus Swayback with crosscut mammoth ivory and the other is a little U.S.-made Schrade Old Timer with some of his deep crag stag. While the photos don’t quite do them justice, believe me, they are both stunning.

uGMZIt6.jpg

PYmRoEj.jpg

Sent a Black Box Winchester #2880 1/2 Moose to Glenn recently for rework. He's going to replace the scales with dark amber jigged bone and add a federal shield to it. Should come out looking like a vintage Winchester #2885. Looking forward to getting it back! All the various projects Glenn has done for me have always turned out incredibly well!

Thanks, Glenn!
Ron

Back