Great Movie Knives

In the movie horror movie The Collection (sequel to The Collector), the Collector carries 2 Buck 119's and at the very end of the movie is holding what appears to be a CRKT M16.

"Killing Season" the movie
stars Robert DeNiro and John Travolta
no idea what knife that was...
Screen-Shot-2013-06-21-at-1.28.18-PM-620x332.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNZbG_6QDY

Just watched and my guess would be Gerber LHR

LHR-Sheath-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg

On The Sopranos, Vito and another mobster break into a drug dealer's apartment and kill a dude with a Buck 110; think that's in season 5, right after Tony gets shot. Also, Anthony Jr. smuggles a KA-BAR into a med hospital to kill Junior; think that happens in season 6.

The best knife as far as I can think is captain hook's knife from the film "Hook". You only see it for a little bit but the knife is beautiful. It was made and is owned by my friend Tony Swatton.

Most memorable film knife of all time is the Glaive from the "Krull".

The Fremen Crysknife from Dune. Hatori Hanzo Sword. Any of em from KIll Bill Vol I and II>
Funny thing is most of those swords were dull stainless steel china town swords. The fighting ones are specialty swords made of laminated bamboo covered in foil tape.

Gerber lhr in killing season.
Willem defoe's character carries a cold steel "intruder bowie" in flight of the intruder.
Clive owen's character uses a siebert particle accellerator to dispatch 1 of the mercenaries in sin city.
In night of the running man,I think that the folder carried by scott glen's character is a pearl-scaled emerson cqc6.

Two favorites, Old school the auto that John Wayne used in the first part of "Big Jake, and the Bowie from "Legends of the Fall". Anyone know anything about the Duke's auto?

Yes....John Wayne was a big fan of Hubertus Autos. German made, Solingen steel - absolute beauties.
Very finely made sturdy and beautiful knives. Leverlock stag handles, German silver bolsters and immaculate craftsmanship.
see knives at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77762062@N04/10060495325/
and: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77762062@N04/10060460306/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Tom Berenger has an Ontario Airforce Survival knife on his webbing during the climax of The Dogs of War

One of the first Twilight Zone episodes, Walking Distance, was shot in the early sixties. The protagonist traveled to his past, set twenty years earlier. He saw a boy carving his name on a pillar of the town bandstand.

A close up shows the slip joint, with a bale and dark jigged bone covers. He is using an awl blade for the carving. It’s hard to say, but I’d guess the knife was a Boy Scout/camping pattern.

In Episode One of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, T. E. Lawrence used a slip joint to scrape a clue into an envelope. It’s a silvery powder on the clothing of a murdered man.

The blade was a sheepsfoot. From what I could see of the handle, it might have been a congress. The covers were white—perhaps ivory, in 1908.

cobra-knife.jpg

I've seen this one in other places too -- even own one and can't help but wonder about its efficacy as a fighting tool. I guess the concept is "punch and hack." You get caught with those spikes in the head and I wouldn't want to be you; but it's pretty damn awkward.

Have this one. Don't have that case though.

Back