Green Para2's are back

If any of you are feeling generous, its my birthday tomorrow and maybe one of y'all can donate one to me :)

Looks like there are already some pretty sweet deals popping up in the exchange if you get some birthday money. Sarcasm.

Looks like there are already some pretty sweet deals popping up in the exchange if you get some birthday money. Sarcasm.

Made the mistake and took a look. Sadly disappointing. I went thru this when I missed out on the blue 390's. Really wanted to pick one up, but was a little late only to watch them go from 179.00? to over 300.00 almost overnight.

Made the mistake and took a look. Sadly disappointing. I went thru this when I missed out on the blue 390's. Really wanted to pick one up, but was a little late only to watch them go from 179.00? to over 300.00 almost overnight.

$150! haha

Yeah, direct price was $150, those are some crazy secondary market prices.

I could not remember what they originally sold for. I saw a few up on the sales forum right after they came out that were going for 179.00 - figured some of the buyers were just moving them on.

A couple of scumbags on the exchange are already trying to turn around and sell them for almost twice the price of what they got it for.

A couple of scumbags on the exchange are already trying to turn around and sell them for almost twice the price of what they got it for.

Don't even get me started. Instead of enjoying it or wanting to make a fair trade or something they gotta be total tools. Just like the clowns who horde ammo to resell and never shoot a single damn box.

You said it. I wanted one because I missed out on one. No way I'm paying double because someone decided to buy, double and triple the price to flip.

You said it. I wanted one because I missed out on one. No way I'm paying double because someone decided to buy, double and triple the price to flip.

That's really the only course of action we have against flippers. At least I'll know who to add to my list of sellers to never do business with out of principle, though I am but one man.

I received an answer back from KW, luckily they caught the mistake on their end and kept one of the cts-204p's for me. I'm sending the s30v back today, after they receive it the new one will be on its way. :) Stellar customer service so far.
I wonder if somebody is out there scratching their head wondering why their new pm2 is green. ;)

KW is among the best

I hate it that some of you missed this knife, but if you would just check in on Blade Forums(or/and Spyderco forum) every day I doubt you'll ever miss another.
I've never missed getting a Spyderco I wanted, but thats only because I check here every day.

That may seem like a lot of trouble, but if you love knives and this forum its no trouble at all(IMO).

People will always mark up hard to get knives. That will never change. Happens with EVERY brand of knife.
I just paid about $200 over cost yesterday on a discontinued Sebenza, and I'm fine with that because thats just the way it is, and it always will be. Its my fault I missed it, and not the sellers.

I wouldn't let it bother you so much, and just try harder not to miss the ones you want.
Good luck, and just keep an eye on the room as much as you can.

Yes, KW does rock :thumbup:

The "solution" to that - not that one is required - is to get your own KW Para 2, Sprint Run or Dealer Exclusive when they are offered. Maybe you did. Then you don't have to call people names and tell them what they "should" do with their knives that they bought with their money. I'm one of the dumbest people on Bladeforums, and I was able to get 2x green Para 2's from KW with almost no effort. So its not that hard. And if even you don't get one, its not like KW is selling the cure to cancer. These Dealer Exclusive Para 2's are just high end, spendy toys that don't actually do much of anything better than a generic Para 2 except look pretty when we post pics of them on Bladeforums. There are plenty of scumbags in this world, but the guys who buy and sell Para 2's aren't among them. Just my take. Rock on.

The "solution" to that - not that one is required - is to get your own KW Para 2, Sprint Run or Dealer Exclusive when they are offered. Maybe you did. Then you don't have to call people names and tell them what they "should" do with their knives that they bought with their money. I'm one of the dumbest people on Bladeforums, and I was able to get 2x green Para 2's from KW with almost no effort. So its not that hard. And if even you don't get one, its not like KW is selling the cure to cancer. These Dealer Exclusive Para 2's are just high end, spendy toys that don't actually do much of anything better than a generic Para 2 except look pretty when we post pics of them on Bladeforums. There are plenty of scumbags in this world, but the guys who buy and sell Para 2's aren't among them. Just my take. Rock on.

Well said Power Noodle:thumbup:
Its just not worth getting upset over, and the name calling is really uncalled for.

I hate it that some of you missed this knife, but if you would just check in on Blade Forums(or/and Spyderco forum) every day I doubt you'll ever miss another.
I've never missed getting a Spyderco I wanted, but thats only because I check here every day.

That may seem like a lot of trouble, but if you love knives and this forum its no trouble at all(IMO).

People will always mark up hard to get knives. That will never change. Happens with EVERY brand of knife.
I just paid about $200 over cost yesterday on a discontinued Sebenza, and I'm fine with that because thats just the way it is, and it always will be. Its my fault I missed it, and not the sellers.

I wouldn't let it bother you so much, and just try harder not to miss the ones you want.
Good luck, and just keep an eye on the room as much as you can.

Yes, KW does rock :thumbup:

The other side of that is that I can't even begin to add up how much I WOULDN'T have spent if I didn't keep checking... :eek: :D

Absolutely agree. No one owes anyone one of these knives. If it matters, put in the effort to stay on top of it. If it doesn't don't whine.

Powernoodle said it well. I'm not thrilled to see these up for sale for inflated prices the day they arrive, but that is the nature of a free market. And who knows, some people selling them may be laid off from work or have hospital bills that need paying. Doubtful, but I try not to judge.

I actually could have gotten one because I saw this thread when it was first posted up. I just didn't want one. I'm not being all pissy calling people names because I missed out on this knife... it's just that I'm seeing a trend where people flip knives at LUDICROUS prices. $200 for this knife ($50 mark up)... understandable. But $300??

C'mon dude... really?

Back