Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Patina progressing nicely
4RsoW87.jpg

Thank you, Jack. Funny thing about work, it always seems to get in the way of things you'd rather be doing otherwise :D.

I echo those sentiments, Ron. What a terrific shot of that beauty! Absolutely stunning.

I thought it was time to get another family shot with the most recent acquisition.

mvfprwN.jpg
Thanks Dylan! :) That’s a great family photo my friend! :thumbsup: I’m proud to be posting this on page 1000! :D:D:D

Blimey! I only went in the kitchen to take a pic, and I nearly missed it! :D Thank you to everyone who has got us here, it has been very rewarding to see the enthusiasm for this uniquely versatile pattern grow, and for it to become accepted and talked about beyond this thread :) Well done Guardians :thumbsup:

Nice to see your button Rachel :thumbsup: Do you folks say button or pin, they're badges here? :confused:

Thank you, Jack. Funny thing about work, it always seems to get in the way of things you'd rather be doing otherwise :D.

I echo those sentiments, Ron. What a terrific shot of that beauty! Absolutely stunning.

I thought it was time to get another family shot with the most recent acquisition.

mvfprwN.jpg

Doesn't it just Dylan?! :rolleyes: I have to say though, that after spending a few hours writing about Lambsfoot knives and cutlery history here, the last thing I feel like is writing about it for my bread and butter, nor anything else for that matter! o_O

What a wonderful collection Dylan, it's funny to think that just a few years ago, you just couldn't have accumulated a collection of Lambsfoot knives like that :) :thumbsup:

Patina progressing nicely
4RsoW87.jpg

Looking good Jody :) :thumbsup:

What a terrific threesome Barry, that horn looks nice and glossy :) What dirt did you have on Charlie anyway?! :D ;) :thumbsup: Mr @waynorth should be here anyway :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Congratulations on page 1000!

I will raise a tankard of something tasty to the health of all here, especially Jack!

1bXFMHI.jpg

Fantastic stuff Dylan :) Slainte :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the 1000 pages!

A new view of Pere David through the hole!!!:cool::thumbsup:

10hlyd3.jpg

Cool pic Jose :cool: :thumbsup:

Hey, alright, we made it!!!
Congratulations to Jack and all the Guardians for 1,000 pages of Lambsfoot knife goodness.
Dave @Horsewright has me thinking of getting back into the leather business, so here's my Lamb with some of my old carving.

That's beautiful work John :thumbsup:

I have always loved fishing and fished to catch fish. Different times of the year and in different areas certain methods work better than others so Im prepared to 'tackle' whatever Mother Nature throws at me. Spinning gear has yielded fish when flies failed.
DSC_0250.JPG
GREAT pic of a GREAT REEL (and of the creel, also) :thumbsup:. I've caught a lot of trout with that same model. I think it's one of the best spinning reels ever made. :cool: GRATS!

Me too, and I don't know how to post pictures from my phone, so I'll just leave this here:

Long Live The Guardians of the Lambsfoot!
gnZI6rD.jpg
Nice pic, Rache - tried to put your latest cat pic, but I did something wrong and can't figure out how to fix it :oops:

It was very widespread at one time, more Lambsfoot knives had that mark (or similar) than not. It was generally a deep stamp rather than an etch or engraving though, and the blades would have been hand-forged too. Then they started using machines like this, which engraved the blades, and could handle multiple blades at a time.

X1DWc39.jpg
Great info and pics a usual, Jack. Thank you:thumbsup:

Very nice :cool:

That's a beautiful photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

R9hXkjo.jpg
Fantastic pic! :cool:

unmatched bolster:
Ui3B39W.jpg

AHaMUef.jpg

kkKiMRQ.jpg

Cyj313x.jpg

3dq7vmz.jpg

D9X901W.jpg

the end:
rfkNmXb.jpg
Love your pics of that great knife! I enjoyed them very much. Thank you for posting.
OG

I am very fortunate to have some fishing gear and tackle from both my Grandpa and my wife's Grandpa. I will try to get some of it out for a pic. Here's an old metal baitcasting setup of my Grandad's, that was handy.
zOlsAmH.jpg

lQ6jTEz.jpg
Very nice pic :cool:
Never had an old Ocean City baitcaster but I know they were very popular which says a lot in the fishing world :thumbsup:

HOORAY!!:D
Good Morning Guardians and CONGRATS, JACK :cool:
giphy.gif
GREAT PHOTOS today, GRATS TO ALL!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ground_1024a_HDR.jpg
OG

Last edited:
Right, GIVEAWAY! :) Open to anyone who has posted previously in this thread :) Some of you seem to have already pre-empted my idea of asking folks to post pics of their collection of Lambsfoot knives. Post anything else too, and please put 'I'M IN', so I know it's an entry. Include a Guardians button/pin/badge in the pic, and I'll throw your name in the hat twice ;) :thumbsup:

Here are the prizes:

TdeMzqo.jpg

I thought some of you folks who missed out on the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knife in ebony might like to win one, and there's a limited edition Lambsfoot with African Rosewood covers, and a Big 'Un in that nice horn Wright's had a couple of years back (this is from then, standard production, and the blade is off-centre). So there'll be three winners, first and second names out of the hat get a choice. Hope that all sounds OK (I don't always get things right) :) I'm also going to post a giveaway outside this thread for someone who doesn't yet own an example of this fabulous pattern :) :thumbsup:

Please enter! :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Edit - Don't forget to post a pic of your Lambsfoot collection to enter :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Right, GIVEAWAY! :) Open to anyone who has posted previously in this thread :) Some of you seem to have already pre-empted my idea of asking folks to post pics of their collection of Lambsfoot knives. Post anything else too, and please put 'I'M IN', so I know it's an entry. Include a Guardians button/pin/badge in the pic, and I'll throw your name in the hat twice ;) :thumbsup:

Here are the prizes:

TdeMzqo.jpg

I thought some of you folks who missed out on the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knife in ebony might like to win one, and there's a limited edition Lambsfoot with African Rosewood covers, and a Big 'Un in that nice horn Wright's had a couple of years back (this is from then, standard production, and the blade is off-centre). So there'll be three winners, first and second names out of the hat get a choice. Hope that all sounds OK (I don't always get things right) :) I'm also going to post a giveaway outside this thread for someone who doesn't yet own an example of this fabulous pattern :) :thumbsup:

Please enter! :) :thumbsup:

Jack
WOW :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'M IN PLEASE and THANK YOU for the generosity and opportunity as well as for the dedication that has made the Guardians so amazing :cool:.
Grats again on 1000 :D
(c'mon 2018 - fingers crossed)
OG
2019_720.jpg
2019_GroupA_720.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd better get one of my characteristic "old news" posts in here before this thread wraps up its first millennium! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have always been fascinated by time travel GT, sadly your posts are probably the nearest thing I'll get to it! :p :D :thumbsup: Thanks for all your kind words my friend :) That seems very fast for a Spanish train GT ;) I have never been on the high-velocity train, but I used to go on the TALGO regularly, and while it had a pleasant dining car, I found it only moderately paced, particularly compared to the French TGV. Here it can take 100 minutes to get from Sheffield to Leeds by train though, a distance of just over 40 miles o_O Maybe that's actually the nearest I'll get to time travel! o_O ;) :D :thumbsup:
Very grateful Gary, no, we in Portugal still do not have high-speed trains, it's also a small country and I do not think it's necessary.:):thumbsup:
Most Spanish AVE are built by Alstom or Bombardier and except one from Siemens are based on the French technology. There's an agreement that allows TGV ride in Spain and AVEs in France.
Spanish railways used a wider track, but most high speed trains use standard European 1,435m tracks.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_Velocidad_Española#Matériel
The TGV is a great train to travel on JP, I have done the journey from Lille to Barcelona many times, but not for about 10 years. I think the TGV terminated at Montpellier then? I do remember you have to sit for about 20 minutes at Perpignon while the wheels are changed/adjusted to fit the wider Spanish track, but by then, I think you are on the TALGO, so far as I recall. I have always enjoyed European rail journeys, the worst, and most expensive, are here in the UK, though even here, there are some good routes (Scotland particularly). I remember going on the Trans-European Express in the 1970's :) :thumbsup:
Jack, José, and JP, thanks for the informative "train talk" you've all contributed! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT. Yes they are similar in color and stag. Here's a pile side shot of em.
View attachment 1116942
Thanks for granting my request, Dwight. :) Gorgeous knives!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Always good to see you around, GT.
Motorcycles in the house?:eek: Reminds me of my childhood.
Seriously, it was not unusual to have Harley parts laying all around and a bike parked in the living room.
:D Thanks, FBC. The Super Hawk frame with seat did provide a nice addition to the living room furniture. :)

Thank you, GT. It’s always a pleasure to see you posting here or elsewhere in the Traditionals. Your images are no accident. Your knowledge, style, and knives are pure joy. The Valley Jack is right handsome. Be well. Until the next time.
Nicely said Harvey, come back soon GT :) :thumbsup:

Every knife deserves a honeymoon :D :thumbsup:

1tMr5yR.jpg
Thanks for the supportive comments, Harvey & Jack.:) Jack, that's quite the "blushing bride" you have there!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
NStQPda.jpg
Striking photo of your outstanding ironwood lamb, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians! :)

47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b_d.jpg
I like Damascus generally, but there are a few patterns which I think look too uniform. There is plenty of interest in this pattern :) I certainly never imagined I would own a Damascus Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:
That's a stunner, Ron; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sometime I'd enjoy seeing a pic of your entire flock of lambsfoots - you're becoming quite a shepherd! ;)
Jack, with my "limited vision", I'd never have imagined that a Damascus lambsfoot was even a possibility! :eek::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Prime pile of pulchritude, Taylor!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I don't know what it is about my camera. It always focuses on the ale...
OG9fmU2.jpg
Good morning Guardians. :thumbsup:
ixOyurV.jpg
Thanks for the great shots of what I'll always call your Eye of Sauron lambsfoot, David! ;):thumbsup::cool:

This is one of the reasons we are moving from our home of 18 years. They are building two 5 story apartments right off our back deck Obstructing our view and peace and quiet. As you can tell the forest is gone and as a result, the squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds are gone as well. :(
And of course, my trusty Lambsfoot will carry us through,:thumbsup::D
View attachment 1117330 View attachment 1117331
View attachment 1117333
Thanks, Ray :D I will be about 30 min away, but at least I will be able to see them, as well as the beautiful ranchland and rolling hills. :thumbsup:
17th-hole.jpg
Sorry to see that your "paradise" was a victim of "progress", Dave, but your pic of what you're moving too makes me think that you shouldn't grieve TOO long! :eek::thumbsup::cool:;) Real estate development seems to be a perpetual game of "leapfrog" with people jumping over one another to get "the best spots". :confused:

My two oldies:

x3dQxFl.jpg
Congrats on all the fine lambsfoots you're acquiring, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And you're getting them at a pace that's almost as fast as this thread moves! :eek::rolleyes:

Have a great weekend Guardians.View attachment 1117545
What a mesmerizing "patina" you've developed on that memorable stag lambsfoot, Dwight!! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning Guardians, rushing about this morning, carrying some nice ebony! :)

e9N6yZG.jpg

Have a good day folks, the weekend is nearly here :) :thumbsup:
Pleasant panoramic picture, Jack!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: My lambsfoot for this week is my ebony lambsfoot, also (see below).

Good Morning Guardians
Great to see Sköll under control, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

ETNd8RS.jpg

I had a senior moment the other day. I tried to stand up from a footstool without pulling or pushing anything. I got maybe 2/3 up before pitching sideways into the fireplace. No fire, mercifully. It took me a while to crawl out over my dumbbells.
But I can't be old yet because my only injury was a minor scrape on one thumb-knuckle!
Great photo, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've been challenged lately with rising gracefully from low places (bench around our kitchen table, toilet, etc. :rolleyes:), so I decided last week to start doing some squats while watching the weather forecast on TV each morning when I awake. I did a set of 40 last Wednesday and last Thursday, and then found that simply walking had suddenly become a challenge by Friday! :eek::thumbsdown: Guess I'll have to institute my "thigh-strengthening program" more gradually.

Yesterday was my last day with my Valley Jack as my weekly lambsfoot representative.
IJ.pile.Vopen.slip.jpg

This week's lambsfoot is my ebony Black Jack:
BJ.mark.sandwich.jpg

- GT

Back