1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

2. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Thanks again for all the info Jack!

3. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Patina progressing nicely
    [​IMG]

4. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Travman, TFBraden and 15 others like this.
  5. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Huzzah!
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 13 others like this.
  6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Congratulations on page 1000!

I will raise a tankard of something tasty to the health of all here, especially Jack!

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 16 others like this.
  7. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Congratulations on the 1000 pages!

A new view of Pere David through the hole!!!:cool::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, donn, Cambertree and 13 others like this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Hey, alright, we made it!!!
    Congratulations to Jack and all the Guardians for 1,000 pages of Lambsfoot knife goodness.
    Dave @Horsewright has me thinking of getting back into the leather business, so here's my Lamb with some of my old carving.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 15 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Page 1000!!! :cool: Congratulations Guardians, and thanks :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 19 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dylan! :) That’s a great family photo my friend! :thumbsup: I’m proud to be posting this on page 1000! :D:D:D

11. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    RALF with Pebbles

[​IMG]

I just got home from the store and found we're on page 1,000! Congrats to Jack and all the Guardians.

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Congratulations to @Jack Black and all the Guardians on reaching 1K. Thank you Jack for your wonderful creation.

Fodderwing, dc50, pjsjr and 5 others like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Blimey! I only went in the kitchen to take a pic, and I nearly missed it! :D Thank you to everyone who has got us here, it has been very rewarding to see the enthusiasm for this uniquely versatile pattern grow, and for it to become accepted and talked about beyond this thread :) Well done Guardians :thumbsup:

Nice to see your button Rachel :thumbsup: Do you folks say button or pin, they're badges here? :confused:

Doesn't it just Dylan?! :rolleyes: I have to say though, that after spending a few hours writing about Lambsfoot knives and cutlery history here, the last thing I feel like is writing about it for my bread and butter, nor anything else for that matter! o_O

What a wonderful collection Dylan, it's funny to think that just a few years ago, you just couldn't have accumulated a collection of Lambsfoot knives like that :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Jody :) :thumbsup:

What a terrific threesome Barry, that horn looks nice and glossy :) What dirt did you have on Charlie anyway?! :D ;) :thumbsup: Mr @waynorth should be here anyway :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Fantastic stuff Dylan :) Slainte :thumbsup:

Cool pic Jose :cool: :thumbsup:

That's beautiful work John :thumbsup:

btb01, TFBraden, donn and 11 others like this.
  14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks guys, congratulations to you too :) :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  15. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    GREAT pic of a GREAT REEL (and of the creel, also) :thumbsup:. I've caught a lot of trout with that same model. I think it's one of the best spinning reels ever made. :cool: GRATS!

Nice pic, Rache - tried to put your latest cat pic, but I did something wrong and can't figure out how to fix it :oops:

Great info and pics a usual, Jack. Thank you:thumbsup:

Very nice :cool:

Fantastic pic! :cool:

Love your pics of that great knife! I enjoyed them very much. Thank you for posting.
    OG

Very nice pic :cool:
    Never had an old Ocean City baitcaster but I know they were very popular which says a lot in the fishing world :thumbsup:

HOORAY!!:D
    Good Morning Guardians and CONGRATS, JACK :cool: [​IMG] GREAT PHOTOS today, GRATS TO ALL!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Ground_1024a_HDR.jpg
    OG

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 14 others like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Right, GIVEAWAY! :) Open to anyone who has posted previously in this thread :) Some of you seem to have already pre-empted my idea of asking folks to post pics of their collection of Lambsfoot knives. Post anything else too, and please put 'I'M IN', so I know it's an entry. Include a Guardians button/pin/badge in the pic, and I'll throw your name in the hat twice ;) :thumbsup:

Here are the prizes:

[​IMG]

I thought some of you folks who missed out on the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knife in ebony might like to win one, and there's a limited edition Lambsfoot with African Rosewood covers, and a Big 'Un in that nice horn Wright's had a couple of years back (this is from then, standard production, and the blade is off-centre). So there'll be three winners, first and second names out of the hat get a choice. Hope that all sounds OK (I don't always get things right) :) I'm also going to post a giveaway outside this thread for someone who doesn't yet own an example of this fabulous pattern :) :thumbsup:

Please enter! :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Edit - Don't forget to post a pic of your Lambsfoot collection to enter :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

peanutsxx, TFBraden, 1066vik and 13 others like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  18. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    WOW :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I'M IN PLEASE and THANK YOU for the generosity and opportunity as well as for the dedication that has made the Guardians so amazing :cool:.
    Grats again on 1000 :D
    (c'mon 2018 - fingers crossed)
    OG
    2019_720.jpg
    2019_GroupA_720.jpg

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 12 others like this.
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I thought I'd better get one of my characteristic "old news" posts in here before this thread wraps up its first millennium! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack, José, and JP, thanks for the informative "train talk" you've all contributed! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for granting my request, Dwight. :) Gorgeous knives!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:D Thanks, FBC. The Super Hawk frame with seat did provide a nice addition to the living room furniture. :)

Thanks for the supportive comments, Harvey & Jack.:) Jack, that's quite the "blushing bride" you have there!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Striking photo of your outstanding ironwood lamb, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a stunner, Ron; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sometime I'd enjoy seeing a pic of your entire flock of lambsfoots - you're becoming quite a shepherd! ;)
    Jack, with my "limited vision", I'd never have imagined that a Damascus lambsfoot was even a possibility! :eek::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Prime pile of pulchritude, Taylor!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the great shots of what I'll always call your Eye of Sauron lambsfoot, David! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Sorry to see that your "paradise" was a victim of "progress", Dave, but your pic of what you're moving too makes me think that you shouldn't grieve TOO long! :eek::thumbsup::cool:;) Real estate development seems to be a perpetual game of "leapfrog" with people jumping over one another to get "the best spots". :confused:

Congrats on all the fine lambsfoots you're acquiring, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And you're getting them at a pace that's almost as fast as this thread moves! :eek::rolleyes:

What a mesmerizing "patina" you've developed on that memorable stag lambsfoot, Dwight!! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Pleasant panoramic picture, Jack!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: My lambsfoot for this week is my ebony lambsfoot, also (see below).

Great to see Sköll under control, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

Great photo, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've been challenged lately with rising gracefully from low places (bench around our kitchen table, toilet, etc. :rolleyes:), so I decided last week to start doing some squats while watching the weather forecast on TV each morning when I awake. I did a set of 40 last Wednesday and last Thursday, and then found that simply walking had suddenly become a challenge by Friday! :eek::thumbsdown: Guess I'll have to institute my "thigh-strengthening program" more gradually.

Yesterday was my last day with my Valley Jack as my weekly lambsfoot representative.
    IJ.pile.Vopen.slip.jpg

This week's lambsfoot is my ebony Black Jack:
    BJ.mark.sandwich.jpg

- GT

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    You need to Flitz them spurs, John!

dc50, JohnDF, pjsjr and 2 others like this.