1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Looks very peaceful, Barry.

dc50 likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks buddy, I didn't have time to buy beer, or even bread, but I found a few cans in the fridge anyway :) Since I won't have any bread in the morning, I might have to go out for breakfast ;) :thumbsup:

I imagine so Harvey, and advertising can be helpful in terms of dating a knife, sometimes at least :thumbsup:

Fascinating Harvey :) :thumbsup:

3. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that Jack, it's very interesting. I knew about the meaning of the name Bent as I have relatives who are Bent's, again a surname I've only seen rarely outside of the northwest. For example as a kid (1970's) there were I think 3 Bents in the whole of Greater London, and I was related to 2 of them.
    Saying that there is John Bent, who founded Massachusetts, whose forefathers were from Hampshire in England and whose descendant Charles Bent set up Bent's Fort (now Bent's Old Fort) in Colorado.
    I like the banking story. Same tricks, different century...:D

And midges.
    You can't forget the midges. :eek:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looks great Barry :) :thumbsup:

dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    No trouble David :) That's very interesting, I went to school in Sheffield near a place called Bent's Green (it wasn't Bent's Green school though!) :thumbsup:

Definitely! :rolleyes:

Prester John, cigarrodog and donn like this.
  6. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh yeah of course. I've seen buses in Sheffield going to Bent's Green. :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Here's a pic of Bent's Green shops a couple of years before I started secondary school. The fence on the left of the photo is the fence around the school. You will notice the conveniently-situated off-license right next to it, and though you probably can't make it out on the photo, a few yards away, outside the post office, again conveniently situated, the cigarette machine. Vaulting that fence, and sprinting across 'No Man's Land' kept me fit as a lad! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, it was the terminus for the 81 and 82 routes. I can remember waking up there on the last bus as a teenager :rolleyes:

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cheers Guardians :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

donn, Pt-Luso, Pàdruig and 14 others like this.
  10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    True story! :D
    I was at Anderson's Coffee Roasters; they have fancy imported sweets up at the counter for impulse buying. I'd never seen Jammie Dodgers in person before, and knew I had to grab a box in case they never stock them again.
    Oh boy, Jack, that does look like a heavy load of goodness! Is it too soon to ask which you prefer: the stag or the rosewood?

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    The best ones usually are :) Jammie Dodgers were a children's party favourite when I was a kid, but I think it may be a very long time since I last had one :) I'm real pleased with it Rachel, and if I'd known how good the rosewood would look I would have certainly ordered more. The stag is special though :thumbsup:

donn, mitch4ging, Cutfinger and 6 others like this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You are most certainly a busy man, Jack.

You'll have to let us know what you think of them. If it were me, I'd have bought their stock as surely my boys would want their share.

The rosewood is certainly getting my attention. I know... shocking, right? :D

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hmmmm...! :rolleyes: :D I have just added 'Jammie Dodgers for JohnDF' to my shopping list! :D :thumbsup:

14. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    You're a good man, Jack Black. :) :thumbsup:

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Ta! :D :thumbsup:

16. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    What nice stag on there

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and TFBraden like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Jordan, total random pick :) :thumbsup:

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Evening Guardians
    [​IMG]

donn, Pàdruig, mitch4ging and 9 others like this.
  19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Goodness, Gracious, CHEERS!

dc50, Jack Black and TFBraden like this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Don't apologize Harvey. These stories and photos are very interesting and should be seen, remembered and appreciated.