Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

John, I am with you! Let's go wet a line!
Amotybr.jpg

I'm right there with ya, Barry.
I'm going to make it a point to get out there tomorrow morning!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope the grandson's O.K, harry!!
Thank you Charlie . He is okay . He has been in a walking boot cast kind of thing for 6 months or more while Workman's Comp. has been taking time to decide what could be done .
It is Really Great to see your Posts my friend . It will be even better to see you again in August . Take care and God Bless my friend .

Harry

And still pretty thinly populated, according to Penelope Keith.
83b198T.jpg

It is Jer, as you know, the Scottish Lairds preferred sheep to crofters o_O I was looking through some of my Scotland photos to post a pic earlier, and just couldn't decide :thumbsup:

Have a great Saturday Guardians! :)

48023969773_3491190137_b_d.jpg

You too Ron, lovely stag on your AC :thumbsup:

Old Engineer Old Engineer - Harry I hope everything goes well with your grandson. The last time I sat in a hospital waiting room I left a brand new Mudbug on the armrest of the chair. No doubt it made someone's day! :)

Beautiful Lambs folks. Have a great weekend.View attachment 1141199

Could have been worse Dwight, could have been a LAMBSFOOT! ;) Wonderful pic there my friend :thumbsup:

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.

Great to see you here Charlie :) Mallory was a fascinating character, and with great cutlery tastes of course :) Also, let's not forget Mallory's climber partner, Sandy Irving, who was lost at the same time, and whose body is yet to be recovered. RIP :thumbsup:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

IHVSw72.jpg

Because it's there! ;) :thumbsup:

They are my favorite cookies, too. My blood is half Eastern European and half butter.

:D :thumbsup:

Superb pic Barry :) :thumbsup:

I'm right there with ya, Barry.
I'm going to make it a point to get out there tomorrow morning!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Good luck John :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Charlie . He is okay . He has been in a walking boot cast kind of thing for 6 months or more while Workman's Comp. has been taking time to decide what could be done .
It is Really Great to see your Posts my friend . It will be even better to see you again in August . Take care and God Bless my friend .

Harry

Hope he makes a full recovery Harry :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Just the stag with me today in San Antonio. Heading downtown soon to eat at my favourite Mexican restaurant (maybe my favourite restaurant, period!). May stop and visit one or two of the old Spanish missions on the way out of town.
Hope y'all have a great day!

I carry a Lambsfoot...

IHVSw72.jpg

Perfect! :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Just the stag with me today in San Antonio. Heading downtown soon to eat at my favourite Mexican restaurant (maybe my favourite restaurant, period!). May stop and visit one or two of the old Spanish missions on the way out of town.
Hope you have a great trip, Vince. :)

A few of the lambs are still in bed. ;):)
View attachment 1141227
Wake up those sleeping beauties. :p

Great picture of your stag, Ron. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you sir! :thumbsup: :)

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
It’s so good to see you here Charlie! :thumbsup: I find a large pattern Lambsfoot to be a very useful EDC. :)

You too Ron, lovely stag on your AC :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

Carried these 2 TEWs Lambfoot today so I thought that I would put them up in here too . I carried the Top one in the morning to a hospital to be with a Grandson when he had ankle surgery .

Harry
Here’s to quick and successful healing for your grandson’s ankle surgery, Harry.

Those are 2 top drawer TEWs.

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Ron, that Stag AC looks great against the textured wood.

@Foddering Sorry about the Mudbug, Dwight. I know the feeling as I seek high and low for my Dami Senator. Your beautiful Dami Lamb is sweet.

@waynorth - It’s wonderful to have your presence here, Charlie. Hope things are progressing nicely for you.

Here’s to George Mallory. Rest easy. What a nice Lambsfoot.

@gunstockjack JohnDF JohnDF Kindred Spirits.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Hope you back feels better. That’s a nice tribute.

Prester John Prester John A fine trio.

dc50 dc50 Hopefully they don’t snore like I do.:)

tmd_87 tmd_87 Here’s to the big W for your Son. Your Dami Snakewood Lamb is already a big W.

Good Morning Guardians.
0939048E-A742-42BC-BD76-665A38782186.jpeg

@donn David, is that Hadrian’s Wall?
Good Morning Guardians. Here’s another oldie.
F9F60B35-4124-4DA9-814D-DED4CFA453BA_zpsy7dvvyww.jpeg

323B1E8A-4073-472C-A66E-70D3CB7730D1_zps7dmpu7qk.jpeg
Thanks GT. The hill was almost as steep as the valley side on your Valley Jack. :D
Good luck for the surgery. :thumbsup:
Yip everyone it's Hadrian's Wall. Of course Hadrian's Wall has never actually sat in Scotland. Since the formation of the English and Scottish kingdoms the wall has only ever sat within England.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/hadrians-wall/
Harvey and I must have been typing identical questions simultaneously; how scary is that?? :eek::eek::p Thanks, as always, David, for giving us interesting info about historical and geographical topics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Harvey, not only is that knife an oldie, but it's definitely a goodie! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And I keep going back to the ad and finding new things to amuse me at each re-visit! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thank you GT. My wish for you is a quick recovery from your procedure today. Whether you want to admit it or not, I think your images show a real flair, like your Valley Jack shown today.
Thanks for the "flair" comment, Harvey. :) I'll certainly admit that I occasionally get a photo that pleases me immensely, like that Valley Jack pic, but I also get lots of stinkers. And having neither shame nor patience, I'll post pics of either type! :rolleyes:

Thanks to Harvey, John, Vince, Jack, Dwight, David, Rachel, and anyone I missed for wishing me well with Friday's eye appointment. A glaucoma expert last week had found a hole in the retina for one eye and referred me to a retinal expert that I'd seen several times since December. I thought the retina guy was going to zap me repeatedly with his laser, but he said he's been aware of the hole since my first visit and nothing needs to be done at this time. (But then he proceeded to force various lenses into my eyes so he could better see what he wanted to see inside, and I came out feeling like I'd gone 12 rounds with a heavyweight! All good today though!! :Do_O)

Good luck with your appointment, GT.

Thank you, GT. :)

The Valley Jack is always cool. :D
Thanks, John; he is a pretty cool customer. :)

Good luck GT, hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

I carried the entire order today, and it was HEAVY! :eek: I think I'm going to go get a hot bath to try and ease my back a little! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Jack, thanks for doing the heavy lifting, literally ;), for us!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

If ever a rare and regal razor of ravishing repute regaled the porcheteers tis Valley Jack. I've never polished it GT but its been rubbed down a many a time with a rag. I must confess - It is in the capable & artistic hands of our very own Glennbad even as we speak. :cool: I wish you a speedy recovery from your eye procedure my friend. Take care.
Thanks for the info on the care and feeding of that wood handle, Dwight. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Glenn have cooked up for it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

And Barbara Feldon and Annette O'Toole both carry lambsfoots all the time in real life!
Dreaming is free.
And I don't mind lying, if that's what it takes to give lambsfoot content to my derailments.
Thanks GT your a good soul. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Barbara (whose initials are BF, after all) and Annette are really lambsfoot aficionados? I'm in love - Unhh - I'm all shook up! :):cool::cool:
Dave, my initials apparently stand for Gullible Twit :rolleyes:, even if my soul is good, as you (gullibly? ) claim! :thumbsup::D:D

I don't remember that part. :confused: The only thing I remember from that movie (aside from a pretty decent David Bowie song) is from back in my college days. One night, we were watching it on the big living room TV, and right at the moment Miss Kinsky transforms into a were-cat, our black cat came in through the little cat-door in the window screen and got her claw caught in the curtain. She was hanging there yowling, and everybody screamed, and I was almost laughing too hard to go unhook her.

Best of luck with the procedure.
Truth is stranger (and funnier) than fiction! Great story, Rachel! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers Guardians :) :thumbsup:

gk6qnMb.jpg
There's a Stag Saturday treat! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good Evening Guardians
I like the unusual perspective in that pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Carried these 2 TEWs Lambfoot today so I thought that I would put them up in here too . I carried the Top one in the morning to a hospital to be with a Grandson when he had ankle surgery .

Harry
Two fine TEWs, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I always enjoy seeing your older one, but that newer ram's horn sure has a glow to it! I hope your grandson recovers fully and fast.

Good evening Guardians!

yUl7oeq.jpg
Classic shot, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great Saturday Guardians! :)

48023969773_3491190137_b_d.jpg
Your AC is Always Choice, Ron, especially on Saturday! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Old Engineer Old Engineer - Harry I hope everything goes well with your grandson. The last time I sat in a hospital waiting room I left a brand new Mudbug on the armrest of the chair. No doubt it made someone's day! :)

Beautiful Lambs folks. Have a great weekend.View attachment 1141199
Your damascus stag lambsfoot is almost camouflaged there, Dwight; cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie, I'm glad you have the strength, control, and desire to come here and make that educational post!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

They are my favorite cookies, too. My blood is half Eastern European and half butter.
Now THAT's an ethnic group rarely mentioned explicitly in anti-discrimination legislation! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

IHVSw72.jpg

:cool::thumbsup::cool::) Good show, Jack!

Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Love that triumphant triumvirate, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sounds like you have excellent plans for the day; I hope all goes well! :)

Good Morning Guardians
Heading outside to do yard work. :(
That's what Saturdays are for, I guess. :rolleyes: I mowed the back yard this morning, moved some fences that were protecting some grass resetting attempts, cleaned the underside of the mower deck, and did four loads of laundry (not really yard work, since I rarely hang out the clothes to dry anymore ;)). Now it's time for lunch and I'm thinking something easy-to-fix and relatively light: chips, salsa, and beer, anyone?? :p

Off to my son's championship game! Hoping for a big W!
View attachment 1141242
Good luck to the good lads, Taylor! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: They have the snake wood damascus lamb on their side - that's gotta help the run differential! :cool::D

Valley Jack again:
IJ.mark.Vstand.patio.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Thanks, GT. When I photograph the same two knives over and over and over again, it's nice to change things up a bit. :)

That's what Saturdays are for, I guess. :rolleyes: I mowed the back yard this morning, moved some fences that were protecting some grass resetting attempts, cleaned the underside of the mower deck, and did four loads of laundry (not really yard work, since I rarely hang out the clothes to dry anymore ;)). Now it's time for lunch and I'm thinking something easy-to-fix and relatively light: chips, salsa, and beer, anyone?? :p
Enjoy your lunch and beverage, you've earned it. :cool: :thumbsup:

Harvey and I must have been typing identical questions simultaneously; how scary is that?? :eek::eek::p Thanks, as always, David, for giving us interesting info about historical and geographical topics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Harvey, not only is that knife an oldie, but it's definitely a goodie! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And I keep going back to the ad and finding new things to amuse me at each re-visit! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the "flair" comment, Harvey. :) I'll certainly admit that I occasionally get a photo that pleases me immensely, like that Valley Jack pic, but I also get lots of stinkers. And having neither shame nor patience, I'll post pics of either type! :rolleyes:

Thanks to Harvey, John, Vince, Jack, Dwight, David, Rachel, and anyone I missed for wishing me well with Friday's eye appointment. A glaucoma expert last week had found a hole in the retina for one eye and referred me to a retinal expert that I'd seen several times since December. I thought the retina guy was going to zap me repeatedly with his laser, but he said he's been aware of the hole since my first visit and nothing needs to be done at this time. (But then he proceeded to force various lenses into my eyes so he could better see what he wanted to see inside, and I came out feeling like I'd gone 12 rounds with a heavyweight! All good today though!! :Do_O)

Thanks, John; he is a pretty cool customer. :)

Jack, thanks for doing the heavy lifting, literally ;), for us!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on the care and feeding of that wood handle, Dwight. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Glenn have cooked up for it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Barbara (whose initials are BF, after all) and Annette are really lambsfoot aficionados? I'm in love - Unhh - I'm all shook up! :):cool::cool:
Dave, my initials apparently stand for Gullible Twit :rolleyes:, even if my soul is good, as you (gullibly? ) claim! :thumbsup::D:D

Truth is stranger (and funnier) than fiction! Great story, Rachel! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

There's a Stag Saturday treat! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two fine TEWs, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I always enjoy seeing your older one, but that newer ram's horn sure has a glow to it! I hope your grandson recovers fully and fast.

Classic shot, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your AC is Always Choice, Ron, especially on Saturday! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your damascus stag lambsfoot is almost camouflaged there, Dwight; cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie, I'm glad you have the strength, control, and desire to come here and make that educational post!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Now THAT's an ethnic group rarely mentioned explicitly in anti-discrimination legislation! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love that triumphant triumvirate, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sounds like you have excellent plans for the day; I hope all goes well! :)

God luck to the good lads, Taylor! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: They have the snake wood damascus lamb otheir side - that's gotta help the run differential! :cool::D

Valley Jack again:
View attachment 1141296

- GT
Thank you GT. Well after going 12 rounds, you’re still standing. Hope the “beat-up” feeling eases soon.

I hate to burst your bubble, GT, but you hit the mark more often than not. That Valley Jack is a good example. Look...I take plenty of stinkers, too. That’s why I spend so much time on getting the right shots. Even then, I’m rarely pleased. Just do your thing. It pleases everyone.

Here’s another ad.
566651A6-7EC6-4A27-83CA-ED196E07CAD9.jpeg

Good morning, Guardians!
mGxLdZf.jpg

Nice group shot Vince :) That must be a great restaurant, hope you have a great time :) :thumbsup:

A few of the lambs are still in bed. ;):)
View attachment 1141227

Good Morning Guardians
Heading outside to do yard work. :(

That's the knife to have with you John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

If it had been I'd STILL be whining and crying about it. ;)

I think we all would! :eek: :thumbsup:

Off to my son's championship game! Hoping for a big W!
View attachment 1141242

Hope that gorgeous knife brings you all good luck my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Hope you back feels better. That’s a nice tribute.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1141293

Thanks a lot Harvey, it's been aching a fair bit, but as long as it stays in the middle of my back, I'm not too worried. Just so long as my lower back doesn't go again :eek: :) :thumbsup: Smashing pic :cool: :thumbsup:

That sounds like quite an ordeal GT :eek: Glad it's over, and I hope the prognosis for the future is good my friend :thumbsup:

Valley Jack again:
View attachment 1141296

- GT

Thanks for the kind words GT, that's a great pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

ah GT, I am but a gullible Lamb. :p
View attachment 1141328

I hate to burst your bubble, GT, but you hit the mark more often than not. That Valley Jack is a good example. Look...I take plenty of stinkers, too. That’s why I spend so much time on getting the right shots. Even then, I’m rarely pleased. Just do your thing. It pleases everyone.

Here’s another ad.
View attachment 1141330

Good advice Harvey, and another interesting ad :) :thumbsup:

HfGlXNM.jpg

Back