1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'm right there with ya, Barry.
    I'm going to make it a point to get out there tomorrow morning!!! :cool: :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

donn, Pàdruig, Cambertree and 12 others like this.
  2. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you Charlie . He is okay . He has been in a walking boot cast kind of thing for 6 months or more while Workman's Comp. has been taking time to decide what could be done .
    It is Really Great to see your Posts my friend . It will be even better to see you again in August . Take care and God Bless my friend .

Harry

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    My favorites too!

cigarrodog, JohnDF and r8shell like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It is Jer, as you know, the Scottish Lairds preferred sheep to crofters o_O I was looking through some of my Scotland photos to post a pic earlier, and just couldn't decide :thumbsup:

You too Ron, lovely stag on your AC :thumbsup:

Could have been worse Dwight, could have been a LAMBSFOOT! ;) Wonderful pic there my friend :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Charlie :) Mallory was a fascinating character, and with great cutlery tastes of course :) Also, let's not forget Mallory's climber partner, Sandy Irving, who was lost at the same time, and whose body is yet to be recovered. RIP :thumbsup:

I carry a Lambsfoot...

[​IMG]

Because it's there! ;) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Superb pic Barry :) :thumbsup:

Good luck John :) :thumbsup:

Hope he makes a full recovery Harry :thumbsup:

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]
    Just the stag with me today in San Antonio. Heading downtown soon to eat at my favourite Mexican restaurant (maybe my favourite restaurant, period!). May stop and visit one or two of the old Spanish missions on the way out of town.
    Hope y'all have a great day!

donn, Pàdruig, Cambertree and 15 others like this.
  6. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    A few of the lambs are still in bed. ;):)
    photo 2 (7).JPG

donn, Pàdruig, Cambertree and 16 others like this.
  7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    Heading outside to do yard work. :(
    [​IMG]

8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Perfect! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great trip, Vince. :)

Wake up those sleeping beauties. :p

9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    If it had been I'd STILL be whining and crying about it. ;)

10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Off to my son's championship game! Hoping for a big W!
    IMG_20190608_083501.jpg

donn, Pàdruig, Cambertree and 15 others like this.
  11. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    You look well stocked, Barry! Maybe more Royal Coachman???;):D

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Jack Black, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you sir! :thumbsup: :)

It’s so good to see you here Charlie! :thumbsup: I find a large pattern Lambsfoot to be a very useful EDC. :)

Thanks Jack! :)

13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Here’s to quick and successful healing for your grandson’s ankle surgery, Harry.

Those are 2 top drawer TEWs.

@Half/Stop - Ron, that Stag AC looks great against the textured wood.

@Foddering Sorry about the Mudbug, Dwight. I know the feeling as I seek high and low for my Dami Senator. Your beautiful Dami Lamb is sweet.

@waynorth - It’s wonderful to have your presence here, Charlie. Hope things are progressing nicely for you.

Here’s to George Mallory. Rest easy. What a nice Lambsfoot.

@gunstockjack @JohnDF Kindred Spirits.:thumbsup:

@Jack Black Hope you back feels better. That’s a nice tribute.

@Prester John A fine trio.

@dc50 Hopefully they don’t snore like I do.:)

@tmd_87 Here’s to the big W for your Son. Your Dami Snakewood Lamb is already a big W.

Good Morning Guardians.
    0939048E-A742-42BC-BD76-665A38782186.jpeg

donn, Cambertree, draggat and 13 others like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Harvey and I must have been typing identical questions simultaneously; how scary is that?? :eek::eek::p Thanks, as always, David, for giving us interesting info about historical and geographical topics! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Harvey, not only is that knife an oldie, but it's definitely a goodie! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    And I keep going back to the ad and finding new things to amuse me at each re-visit! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the "flair" comment, Harvey. :) I'll certainly admit that I occasionally get a photo that pleases me immensely, like that Valley Jack pic, but I also get lots of stinkers. And having neither shame nor patience, I'll post pics of either type! :rolleyes:

Thanks to Harvey, John, Vince, Jack, Dwight, David, Rachel, and anyone I missed for wishing me well with Friday's eye appointment. A glaucoma expert last week had found a hole in the retina for one eye and referred me to a retinal expert that I'd seen several times since December. I thought the retina guy was going to zap me repeatedly with his laser, but he said he's been aware of the hole since my first visit and nothing needs to be done at this time. (But then he proceeded to force various lenses into my eyes so he could better see what he wanted to see inside, and I came out feeling like I'd gone 12 rounds with a heavyweight! All good today though!! :Do_O)

Thanks, John; he is a pretty cool customer. :)

Jack, thanks for doing the heavy lifting, literally ;), for us!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on the care and feeding of that wood handle, Dwight. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Glenn have cooked up for it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Barbara (whose initials are BF, after all) and Annette are really lambsfoot aficionados? I'm in love - Unhh - I'm all shook up! :):cool::cool:
    Dave, my initials apparently stand for Gullible Twit :rolleyes:, even if my soul is good, as you (gullibly? ) claim! :thumbsup::D:D

Truth is stranger (and funnier) than fiction! Great story, Rachel! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

There's a Stag Saturday treat! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I like the unusual perspective in that pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Two fine TEWs, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I always enjoy seeing your older one, but that newer ram's horn sure has a glow to it! I hope your grandson recovers fully and fast.

Classic shot, Barry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your AC is Always Choice, Ron, especially on Saturday! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your damascus stag lambsfoot is almost camouflaged there, Dwight; cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie, I'm glad you have the strength, control, and desire to come here and make that educational post!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Now THAT's an ethnic group rarely mentioned explicitly in anti-discrimination legislation! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup::cool::) Good show, Jack!

Love that triumphant triumvirate, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sounds like you have excellent plans for the day; I hope all goes well! :)

That's what Saturdays are for, I guess. :rolleyes: I mowed the back yard this morning, moved some fences that were protecting some grass resetting attempts, cleaned the underside of the mower deck, and did four loads of laundry (not really yard work, since I rarely hang out the clothes to dry anymore ;)). Now it's time for lunch and I'm thinking something easy-to-fix and relatively light: chips, salsa, and beer, anyone?? :p

Good luck to the good lads, Taylor! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: They have the snake wood damascus lamb on their side - that's gotta help the run differential! :cool::D

Valley Jack again:
    IJ.mark.Vstand.patio.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    donn, Pàdruig, Pt-Luso and 17 others like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I appreciate that Harvey! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Gary! :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, GT. When I photograph the same two knives over and over and over again, it's nice to change things up a bit. :)

Enjoy your lunch and beverage, you've earned it. :cool: :thumbsup:

17. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    There pretty quiet most of the night, I think they're counting sheep. ;)

18. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    ah GT, I am but a gullible Lamb. :p
    d8a5f5a97940e471f50c116d3fa8cd7e.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you GT. Well after going 12 rounds, you’re still standing. Hope the “beat-up” feeling eases soon.

I hate to burst your bubble, GT, but you hit the mark more often than not. That Valley Jack is a good example. Look...I take plenty of stinkers, too. That’s why I spend so much time on getting the right shots. Even then, I’m rarely pleased. Just do your thing. It pleases everyone.

Here’s another ad.
    566651A6-7EC6-4A27-83CA-ED196E07CAD9.jpeg

donn, Prester John, OLd_gUY and 7 others like this.
  20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice group shot Vince :) That must be a great restaurant, hope you have a great time :) :thumbsup:

That's the knife to have with you John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I think we all would! :eek: :thumbsup:

Hope that gorgeous knife brings you all good luck my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Harvey, it's been aching a fair bit, but as long as it stays in the middle of my back, I'm not too worried. Just so long as my lower back doesn't go again :eek: :) :thumbsup: Smashing pic :cool: :thumbsup:

That sounds like quite an ordeal GT :eek: Glad it's over, and I hope the prognosis for the future is good my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words GT, that's a great pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

Good advice Harvey, and another interesting ad :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

donn, Pàdruig, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.