Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice group shot Vince :) That must be a great restaurant, hope you have a great time :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That's the knife to have with you John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I think we all would! :eek: :thumbsup:

Hope that gorgeous knife brings you all good luck my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Harvey, it's been aching a fair bit, but as long as it stays in the middle of my back, I'm not too worried. Just so long as my lower back doesn't go again :eek: :) :thumbsup: Smashing pic :cool: :thumbsup:

That sounds like quite an ordeal GT :eek: Glad it's over, and I hope the prognosis for the future is good my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words GT, that's a great pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Good advice Harvey, and another interesting ad :) :thumbsup:

HfGlXNM.jpg
Can't wait to see this in person Jack! That bolster stamp looks A+.

I have been pretty busy this week, but had arranged, months ago, to meet up with a couple of friends at Leeds Beer Festival on Thursday. As I had business in Sheffield the following morning, I was only able to stay for a few hours, but still got to sample a few nice beers :) No pies on this year though! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

X57LSrb.jpg

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.

As an Everest buff (my father is too) this just really tickles my fancy.

Guardians,

Please take a look at my giveaway thread in the Traditionals forum, and feel free to enter (there's a lambsfoot in there!). It has some information about a recent decision I've made to spend less time and money on knives. Normally I'd just let the thread itself serve, but I've spent most of my time and energy on this thread and wanted to let you all know that I'll be spending less time around and that it is for good reasons. Thanks for welcoming me to the best thread on the forums. I hope to remain a Guardian, even if it is in a much diminished capacity.

God bless you all.

~Joshua

Looking good Taylor :) Well, spectacular in fact! :D :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot in the garden with new dress

Very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

As an Everest buff (my father is too) this just really tickles my fancy.

Pretty incredible isn't it? I have read dozens of books about Everest and Mallory, and I don't think the Lambsfoot is mentioned in any of them, at best it is referred to as a pocket-knife :thumbsup: Mallory's Lambsfoot sat on the Big Hill for 75 years :thumbsup:

Cheers Guardians :) A stout chocolate and a chocolate stout :D ;) :thumbsup:

f0qRmvI.jpg
Well sakes alive! I love it’s flavor. I’m down to my last bottle. Cheers!

JTB_5 JTB_5 Will do. I went to your thread and you expressed yourself quite well. We’re all at different points in our lives. My experience has taught me that the choices I made as a young person have consequences, both good and bad, as I get older. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I can’t speak for the others, but you’ll always be a Guardian to me. Best wishes on your life’s journey.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Well ain’t that something. Congratulations to you and your Son on the big W.

Ironwood Chris Ironwood Chris That’s a nice image.

JTB_5 JTB_5 Will do. I went to your thread and you expressed yourself quite well. We’re all at different points in our lives. My experience has taught me that the choices I made as a young person have consequences, both good and bad, as I get older. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I can’t speak for the others, but you’ll always be a Guardian to me. Best wishes on your life’s journey.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Well ain’t that something. Congratulations to you and your Son on the big W.

Ironwood Chris Ironwood Chris That’s a nice image.
Thanks Harvey!

Guardians,

Please take a look at my giveaway thread in the Traditionals forum, and feel free to enter (there's a lambsfoot in there!). It has some information about a recent decision I've made to spend less time and money on knives. Normally I'd just let the thread itself serve, but I've spent most of my time and energy on this thread and wanted to let you all know that I'll be spending less time around and that it is for good reasons. Thanks for welcoming me to the best thread on the forums. I hope to remain a Guardian, even if it is in a much diminished capacity.

God bless you all.

~Joshua
Happy Trails and I hope you find all the happiness you're looking for.

Cheers Guardians :) A stout chocolate and a chocolate stout :D ;) :thumbsup:

f0qRmvI.jpg
Oh my, Oh my... I am getting very excited, Jack.

Have you checked your Spam folder Kevin? If it's not there, please PM me and I'll send it again :thumbsup:

I found it and sent you a reply, Jack.

View attachment 1141193 View attachment 1141194 View attachment 1141195 View attachment 1141196 View attachment 1141197 View attachment 1141198
Today marks 95 years ago that the brave George Mallory died on Mt. Everest near the summit .
The above artifacts were found many years later with his remains and include a large Lamb Foot knife, made bt W.E.Oates. My estimation makes the knife 4 1/3 inches. R.I.P.
A useful knife for the outdoors I'd say.
Great post, Charlie.
There is good little mini series on Netflix about George Mallory.

Hope everyone is having a fine fine weekend.
48025413623_1ef83e5e58_h.jpg

Guardians,

God bless you all.

~Joshua

Hope to see you back here one day Joshua :thumbsup:

I guess I am pretty lucky in being able to get hold of Sam Smith's beers locally :) :thumbsup:

Oh my, Oh my... I am getting very excited, Jack.

I'm afraid that I don't think that bottle would survive the journey John ;) :D :thumbsup:

Back