Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That Barlow sure is beauty :cool:

Thanks OG :) :thumbsup:

Man oh Man oh Man that rosewood is so nice.

Dama Lamba a la LunaView attachment 1141521

Thank you Dwight, you take fantastic photos of that special knife :) :thumbsup:

Mmmm! Those do have Panache! :eek:

If you have, it's worth a second look@:):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Dwight!

Thanks, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Harvey! You know that Elvis was in the 3rd AD as well!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic, thanks for sharing!:):thumbsup:

Would you please be so kind as to send me your mailing address in a PM?

:eek:
Oh so lovely!:thumbsup:

Lambsfoot and Shortbread! Nice!;):thumbsup:

Another beautiful shot of the Stag, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:

Stupendous Shot, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

Tripple :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, Vince!
Is there any other kind of food?:cool::thumbsup:

AWWW(some):D:thumbsup: Dave!
Wake them up and bring them out to play!

Excellent companion, John!

Love those covers on that one, Taylor!
I have a feeling your son's team will win! (sorry, I read ahead:p:thumbsup:)

Harvey, you have some incredible examples! I drool every time you post one!:eek::thumbsup:

And a lovely valley it is, GT!

Look forward to seeing more of those!:thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup:

Awsome! Both the festival and the knife!:cool::thumbsup:

Such a lovely!!:thumbsup:

Nice photo! Wish they grew on the vine!

A Dark Delightful Duel, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

A noble reason for sure! A Lamb Bird!:D

Indeed! Great foto, Dwight!!

Mine today...
vYS8aZr.jpg

Many thanks for all the kind words Dennis, great to see your golden oxhorn :) Nice cap too :thumbsup:

We will look forward to spending time with you too. :)

Thank you John :) :thumbsup:

Afternoon friends,

A break is on the horizon. I've got two more work trips and I finally get some time off. Unfortunately, that comes with my fifth knee surgery (between the two), but that's life. Regardless it'll be nice to take a breath and have some actual down time. I did get to spend six days in the Sierras in May, which was lovely, but was forced out of the mountains early after spending 30 hours bunkered down @ 11,500’ in a white out.

My companion continues to be the stag Lambsfoot on a daily basis; I don't know where I'd be had WhittlinAway not gifted me my first Lambsfoot almost three years ago now.

View attachment 1141605

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

View attachment 1141604

Great to see you here buddy! :) Sounds like you've been having some adventures, sorry to hear about all the surgery, hope the latest op goes well :thumbsup: Our friend OLd_gUY OLd_gUY has been treating us to some fantastic Yosemite pics recently, you should seek them out :) Your Lambsfoot is showing some great character :) Three cheers for Greg @WhittlinAway! :) He has performed some great Guardians service over the past few years, where is he?! :confused: Hoping to see you both back as regulars soon :) Great pics :thumbsup:

When I first wanted a GEC Barlow, all they had was the Sheepsfoot. I bought it thinking, this is goofy looking and I'll never use it. It and the others became my favorite Barlows. That said, I know nothing about lambsfoot blades, besides that they look useful. Where does one look to find a good quality example online? I am mainly a GEC guy so I'm not sure where to start.
But you people are making me spend more money so I need your help....
Thanks

All your questions answered by starting on the very first post of this thread.

Thanks for your interest in the Lambsfoot pattern @Edm1, as Harvey helpfully says, the place to start is at post 1. You will learn far more about the Lambsfoot pattern here than you will find anywhere else, and there is a thread index to help. As per the subforum guidelines, we try to talk about the knives themselves here, rather than the buying of knives. However, you might want to check out this thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...aynorth-cutlery-real-lambfoot-thread.1658430/ If you decide to become a regular here, please feel free to PM me your email address, and I'll add you to the Guardians email list :thumbsup:

Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

Morning Dave :) Wow! What a great pic of your AC! :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. :thumbsup::D I have to share a quick story about my bright blue Yorkshire key fob. Yesterday Linda and I were shopping for carpet downtown, Cochrane I went outside the store with the dog while Linda finalized the purchase reached in my pocket for some gum and must have pulled out a computerized button at the same time that lets us into our complex.
We arrive home and no button :eek: I'm in panic mode because if someone loses this tab and they have to redo all the tabs which costs me $200
Anyway someone was walking by the carpet store and spotted the bright blue key fob took it into the store and long story short I was saved from embarrassment and a fine by Jacks Yorkshire key fob. :thumbsup::thumbsup::p:D

Thank you Jack. :thumbsup::D I have to share a quick story about my bright blue Yorkshire key fob. Yesterday Linda and I were shopping for carpet downtown, Cochrane I went outside the store with the dog while Linda finalized the purchase reached in my pocket for some gum and must have pulled out a computerized button at the same time that lets us into our complex.
We arrive home and no button :eek: I'm in panic mode because if someone loses this tab and they have to redo all the tabs which costs me $200
Anyway someone was walking by the carpet store and spotted the bright blue key fob took it into the store and long story short I was saved from embarrassment and a fine by Jacks Yorkshire key fob. :thumbsup::thumbsup::p:D

Fantastic story Dave, Yorkshire comes to the rescue! :D I'm glad you got your fob back my friend :) :thumbsup:

I lost one of my keys last weekend, absolutely no idea how it happened, as it was just the one key that worked its way off my key-ring or something. Fortunately, it was for a lock that I only use when I'm away, and friends keep a spare set of keys for me anyway. I went to the locksmith to get two new copies cut, and as I walked out of the shop, putting the change back in my wallet, I fumbled one of the keys, and it fell straight down the grungiest sewer drain I have seen in a long time! :eek: Fortunately, as I was right outside the locksmith, I only had to turn round and go back in again, and he gave me a cut-rate price on a replacement, so it could have been a lot worse! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, you take fantastic photos of that special knife
Thanks Jack. It's the knife my friend. And as I said a while back it is in my pocket every day. It may well be the finest and most beautiful knife I own. Definitely my most prized.

Rosie’s Lambsfoot
Gorgeous Mike!

Beautiful shot, Dwight
Thanks John. I'm happy for you heading out to wet some flies my friend. :cool:

Dennis, it always seems your Horn Lamb has extra sway in it. Is that true or is it my imagination? It's a very cool looking knife for sure
I was thinking the same thing.

Dave you have exceptional talent with your photography.

Fantastic picture, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm getting ready to head out the door. Just need one more cup of coffee :D
:cool: :cool: :cool: A day spent in the creator's cathedral.

Anyway someone was walking by the carpet store and spotted the bright blue key fob took it into the store and long story short I was saved from embarrassment and a fine by Jacks Yorkshire key fob
Happy ending Dave. :D

I fumbled one of the keys, and it fell straight down the grungiest sewer drain I have seen in a long time! :eek: Fortunately, as I was right outside the locksmith, I only had to turn round and go back in again, and he gave me a cut-rate price on a replacement, so it could have been a lot worse! :D :) :thumbsup:
That's Murphy's law in action right there :eek::D

Great to see you here buddy! :) Sounds like you've been having some adventures, sorry to hear about all the surgery, hope the latest op goes well :thumbsup: Our friend OLd_gUY OLd_gUY has been treating us to some fantastic Yosemite pics recently, you should seek them out :) Your Lambsfoot is showing some great character :) Three cheers for Greg @WhittlinAway! :) He has performed some great Guardians service over the past few years, where is he?! :confused: Hoping to see you both back as regulars soon :) Great pics :thumbsup:
Twist my arm :eek: Well, if I must - I must :rolleyes:

Bridal Veil Fall
1Ras5Q0.jpg

Back