1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I sure wish I didn't understand this!!!! I have my computer back, they couldn't find anything wrong. It keeps doing the same for my at home, but couldn't get it to do it in the shop...very frustrating.

Anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do, reading wise, don't think I'l be able to do much in the reply/quote dept.

Have a great hump day Guardians.
    [​IMG]

Dschal, draggat, OLd_gUY and 11 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It's very exciting to see this project happening here in the US.
    It's even more exciting to see you back working on it after your layup.

I'm glad the weather smiled on you and that you had a good visit with your friend Duncan.

Such a classic looking Barlow. :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you had a great visit with our friend Jack. Can't wait to see all the pictures. :cool: :thumbsup:

Coffee and Lamb... Starting your day right, Vince. :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
    I had a super busy day yesterday. Luckily my chores kept me out of the 100+ degree heat for the most part. Went and saw the movie, Godzilla. It was a fun and very exciting movie, I recommend it to all the monster movie fans. Then I drove my son down to the Bay Area to drop him off for the Summer. He will be competing in a Drum and Bugle Corp and touring California to compete against other bands from across the U.S. I know he's going to have fun, but 12 hours a day is going to be tough in this heat with a Contra (tuba) on his shoulder. Hope all you Guardians have a fantastic day. :cool: :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, Dschal and 13 others like this.
  3. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack. :)
    haha, I better not quote this to my Missus. :p

4. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    An ebony Lambsfoot is a beauty in its own right. :)
    photo 2.JPG

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 13 others like this.
  5. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Jack. Sounds like you and Duncan had a perfect visit. :cool:

@Campbellclanman - Great posts Duncan. Safe travels!

IMG_2699.jpeg

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 15 others like this.
  6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    A great report, Duncan, and safe travels homeward!

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    You travelled a lot further than I did Duncan! And I know you are on a very busy schedule yourself, so I am grateful to have been able to spend time with you, it was a real treat my friend :)

As many of us know, first-hand, here, Duncan's generosity is as legendary as his modesty, but this is the LAMBSFOOT thread, so JUST LAMBSFOOT KNIVES here please :) :thumbsup:

I'm very glad you're pleased with them Duncan, you have been very patient in waiting for them, and it was much nicer handing them over to you in person than having to ship them in the post :) Thank you for your very kind words my friend, I hope we can meet up again before too long :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I was telling York about how regularly the City of York floods, here's a photo taken from that same bridge on another occasion :eek: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

We had lunch in the same old (15th century) pub as I ate lunch with @herder a couple of year's back :)

https://www.blackswanyork.com/

LOL! :D Thanks to all our fine contributors Ray :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I was just enjoying a nice strong cup of coffee myself when I first saw your post :) :thumbsup:

It is so frustrating Preston :( That is a beautiful photo though my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John, it could have smiled a wee bit more! :D But it was still a lovely day, and one I am sure I will remember for year's to come :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 10 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Stag today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 16 others like this.
  9. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hi Jack.
    Oooops I did get a bit carried away by describing the non Lambsfoots Jack. Apologies my friend :oops:

Thank you for the kind words- once I get home I can take photos and post them up :D :thumbsup:

The Hartshead wee story Jack is a great one supplied with those gorgeous Barlow’s.
    what superbly built Knives!! Gorgeous Stag too!
    Everything that has been done on these Barlow’s is done well.

The Bolsters that have a Satin/ Dark finish is a handsome touch superbly finished with Wright’s etching. What I REALLY like is the very deep Hartshead Etching on that lovely Blade!!!

Whoa!!!!!!! I see what you mean about the Flood waters Jack!!!

Thank you again Jack!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    What a beauty!

11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Coffee time!
    IMG_20190612_073310.jpg

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 14 others like this.
  12. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    I had to copy your pic. But with my ebony guardian knife. How's the rosewood treating you?!

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
  14. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek: yowza that's a great knife there!

15. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Gary, I know this is ancient...in terms the Lambsfoot thread of today. I just got my computer back and while not right I'm going to try and respond. Thank you for being so diligent in your replies and making them personal...I understand your feelings of the 'like' button...you are a fine person!

16. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Even better hahahah :cool:

cigarrodog, JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I thought that looked familiar! Love the rosewood. Have rosewood grips on a handgun, too. Wonderful wood, and classic. Trying to keep my ironwood polished and shiny, so using this one for food and whatever. Many thanks, Taylor.

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Great-looking ebony Dave :) :thumbsup:

It would have been nice to have had a little sunshine Dwight - bearing in mind it is June :rolleyes; But, apart from that it was a perfect day my friend :) Poor Duncan had to get up at 5.30am to make the journey (an hour later for me), so we got to spend a full day together :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics Duncan, you take great photos :) I am really pleased with the Barlows :) Here's my other pic from yesterday :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Vince, I have been so busy that I haven't been able to find time to take many outdoor pics. I snapped a couple on the wall outside my house on the way to the post office :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Cool tribute pic Taylor :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Cambertree, donn, TFBraden and 15 others like this.
  19. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks Dennis, glad you're safe. That is an incredible photo of that super cell...so scary. We've had some threatening weather(tornado watch and warnings) the past few weeks, but, nothing like that and I hope we don't! Stay safe.
    Mother Nature at her worst can be so devastating and destructive.

Cambertree, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    X2 :)

I like that perspective, Jack. It shows the thickness of the stag well. Really beautiful. :thumbsup:

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.