Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

X2 :)

I like that perspective, Jack. It shows the thickness of the stag well. Really beautiful. :thumbsup:

Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

That Rosewood Hartshead is gonna be a stellar carry. I can't wait Jack!

I'm so excited for Charlie's Waynorth Lambsfoot. I love how the jigging looks so far in the work in progress pics!

Great stuff Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Love the Rosewood Jack, :thumbsup::D I predict mine will be carried the most of all my Lambsfoot. The stumbling block will be messing up the fine blade etching.:p

Thank you Dave :) I think that etch will last, it's actually gone pretty deep :thumbsup:

Thank you Dave :) I think that etch will last, it's actually gone pretty deep :thumbsup:

I'm not able to show how deep the etch goes, but if you run the finger over the blade it's very tangible :thumbsup:

o9KJeqe.jpg

@5K Qs, thank you for your warm, kind comments. It's great to see your Black Jack despite the crack in back. Hopefully it doesn't spread and is merely character building.

Jack Black Jack Black and @Campbellclanman sounds like you had a splendid time. Thanks for sharing a bit about it with us!

And Jack, that last Rosewood Hartshead photo had me nearly drooling. They turned out so nicely.

As for me, I'm changing it up a bit today and carrying my 2017 Guardians Horn:

3DBPlpYh.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black and @Campbellclanman sounds like you had a splendid time. Thanks for sharing a bit about it with us!

And Jack, that last Rosewood Hartshead photo had me nearly drooling. They turned out so nicely.

As for me, I'm changing it up a bit today and carrying my 2017 Guardians Horn:

3DBPlpYh.jpg

It was a great day Greg, Duncan is such fantastic company :) We only went to two pubs (out of York's many superb ones), I had a couple of pints of fine cask ale, Timothy Taylor's Landlord and Marbles Manchester Bitter - and Duncan had lager! :p ;) :thumbsup: I'm really pleased with the Barlows, think everyone will love them :) I love those horn covers, incredible :) :thumbsup:

Good day Guardians!

JQXXlVL.jpg

Really nice Barry, and a great pic too my friend :) I am just having a few Marmite-baked cashew nuts I found in a health store, with a glass of wine :) Mmmm :D :thumbsup:

I lost the quotes I'd previously set up, so starting again :(

Thanks John, as it turned out the weather forecast was a severe exaggeration of some light drizzle towards the end of the day :rolleyes:

We had a great day thanks Dwight, such a pleasure to spend time in Duncan's company again :) That's an excellent photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, great day :) Great pic there, love that Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

I know the guys that pilot those boats (previously Amsterdam river taxis, hence the names)! :eek: They run a shuttle service along the river from the Royal Armouries to Leeds railway station. Despite the fact that Leeds, unlike most UK towns and cities, charges for the central shuttle bus which operates between the train and bus stations, the river taxis were free because they were intended to transport yuppies from the swanky flats along the river to the railway station. Somewhat surprisingly the yuppies preferred more private transport, so the boats are used by sight-seers and families taking their kids out. I this money-raking city, it was rather nice they were free of charge, irrespective of the original reason for that. Charging for them will probably be the beginning of the end :(

Yeah, particularly if you have several kids. It's a nice trip, but it only lasts 5 minutes! o_O
I make light, not thinking that charging for the ride is a bone of contention. Forgive me.

Happy for you in getting to spend such a great time with @Campbellclanman. Part of what’s so enriching in this thread is getting a more intimate glimpse of each other, instead of the usual anonymity.

Rule#1 - Never trust meteorologists. There’s an app for that.:)

This is my new favorite look at your Barlow.

@Campbellclanman Duncan, The joy of your meeting up with Jack is palpable. Happy for you. Looking forward to your future musings of your trip and those fine knives.

@RayseM i suppose I’m guilty. (Signed) One of those guys in the rocker.:)

@pjsjr Sorry for your continuing digital woes. Hope things improve, Preston.
Until I moved to the “walled garden,” I had similar experiences.

That Snakewood Dami is looking fine.

JohnDF JohnDF Good Luck to your Son in the competition.

Your Lambsfoot with the bullets is a cool arrangement.

dc50 dc50 I agree, Dave. That Ebony is a looker.

@Fodderwing You are great at showing the beauty of your Dami Lamb.

tmd_87 tmd_87 I bet you have competition for World’s Best F, here. Just sayin.:)

Nice looking Rosewood.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway Lovely Horn Lambsfoot. Cool image. Oh yeah...Forgot to message. Still thinking about those hot links.

gunstockjack gunstockjack Wow Barry That Horn Lamb is gorgeous. Fine image, too.

Phew...Good Morning Guardians.

I’m not saying that I look forward to the Barlow package, but it’s somewhere here in the Leeds Mail Center.:)
0C2D74AD-0ED2-4E88-911F-65DB0D177EDB.jpeg

But until then, this will do.
247EE3E5-E655-4D31-ABBF-63AF7EE33BEA.jpeg

I make light, not thinking that charging for the ride is a bone of contention. Forgive me.

Happy for you in getting to spend such a great time with @Campbellclanman. Part of what’s so enriching in this thread is getting a more intimate glimpse of each other, instead of the usual anonymity.

Rule#1 - Never trust meteorologists. There’s an app for that.:)

This is my new favorite look at your Barlow.

@Campbellclanman Duncan, The joy of your meeting up with Jack is palpable. Happy for you. Looking forward to your future musings of your trip and those fine knives.

@RayseM i suppose I’m guilty. (Signed) One of those guys in the rocker.:)

@pjsjr Sorry for your continuing digital woes. Hope things improve, Preston.
Until I moved to the “walled garden,” I had similar experiences.

That Snakewood Dami is looking fine.

JohnDF JohnDF Good Luck to your Son in the competition.

Your Lambsfoot with the bullets is a cool arrangement.

dc50 dc50 I agree, Dave. That Ebony is a looker.

@Fodderwing You are great at showing the beauty of your Dami Lamb.

tmd_87 tmd_87 I bet you have competition for World’s Best F, here. Just sayin.:)

Nice looking Rosewood.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway Lovely Horn Lambsfoot. Cool image. Oh yeah...Forgot to message. Still thinking about those hot links.

gunstockjack gunstockjack Wow Barry That Horn Lamb is gorgeous. Fine image, too.

Phew...Good Morning Guardians.

I’m not saying that I look forward to the Barlow package, but it’s somewhere here in the Leeds Mail Center.:)
View attachment 1143669

But until then, this will do.
View attachment 1143670

Certainly nothing to excuse there my friend, only one of us reads The Yorkshire Post, and it isn't me! :D I'm grateful for the information Harvey, and have let my friends know (I told them all I heard it here! :D) I can't say anyone was happy about the changes, but worse things happen at sea (or on the River Aire) right?! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I'm lucky enough to have met quite a few posters in person over the years, and each and every one was an absolute gentleman, and a pleasure to be with :) :thumbsup:

Meteorologists! :mad: They're predicting rain until the end of the month now! They can't even get it right for the DAY! o_O :rolleyes:

Blimey, that's a big mail centre! :eek: Hope it gets to you soon :) :thumbsup:

What a beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Ron, I really enjoy the way the "black river" flowing from the bolster and parallel to the back of your knife splits to get around the center pin and then comes together again after forming an "island". :thumbsup:;):cool:

Black Jack has a butt crack; don't we all? :D:rolleyes:
mark-buttcrack-jpg.1143126
Thanks for the compliment on this Ironwood example Gary! It may encourage me to finally name one of my Lambsfoots. More on that later after I look at some maps of the local rivers. I know of an island in the river which I grew up by. :) Sorry about your butt crack! Hopefully it won’t require surgery! :D

@waynorth Charlie I can’t wait to get the new Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoots in hand! :D The Jigged Bone in the WIP photos really looks good. A deep dye job that should result in some beautiful knives. I’m sure the Ebony will be nice also. They are sure to become instant classics! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, great day :) Great pic there, love that Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

Well, I think I finally got caught up - with this thread at least - so morning Guardians, and thanks for all the kind thoughts and good wishes. I had an absolutely fantastic day with Duncan, who barely let me get my hand in my pocket once! The day absolutely flew, as it did during our last meeting, but will stay with me forever. What a great guy :) Patient too, he had to wait even longer for his 2019 Guardians knives than Dave dc50 dc50 ! :D :thumbsup:

oZujWWK.jpg

My Rosewood Hartshead Barlow seeing the sights ;) :thumbsup:

HgWmMQM.jpg

Have a great day Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Now, I just have to reply to some PMs, and start in on my bulging e-mail folder! :eek: o_O :rolleyes:
Thanks for the compliment on my Ironwood Jack! :) I’m so glad you and Duncan had a good visit! :thumbsup: The Barlow’s are looking great Jack! :thumbsup: I can’t wait to get them in hand! :D

@Campbellclanman Duncan it’s great to see that big smile again my friend! :thumbsup: :D

I’m carrying my Ironwood Damascus Lambsfoot today. :D I hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup:

48050240766_dc880e9277_b_d.jpg

Thanks for the compliment on this Ironwood example Gary! It may encourage me to finally name one of my Lambsfoots. More on that later after I look at some maps of the local rivers. I know of an island in the river which I grew up by. :) Sorry about your butt crack! Hopefully it won’t require surgery! :D

@waynorth Charlie I can’t wait to get the new Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoots in hand! :D The Jigged Bone in the WIP photos really looks good. A deep dye job that should result in some beautiful knives. I’m sure the Ebony will be nice also. They are sure to become instant classics! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on my Ironwood Jack! :) I’m so glad you and Duncan had a good visit! :thumbsup: The Barlow’s are looking great Jack! :thumbsup: I can’t wait to get them in hand! :D

@Campbellclanman Duncan it’s great to see that big smile again my friend! :thumbsup: :D

I’m carrying my Ironwood Damascus Lambsfoot today. :D I hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup:

48050240766_dc880e9277_b_d.jpg

That looks gorgeous Ron :) That model was one of my two favourites from that short run I think, though they were all pretty nice :) I'm looking to Charlie's Lambsfoot too, well I've been looking forward to it for what seems like FOREVER (several years), so getting it in hand will be just incredible. Charlie has had to do some long-term arm-twisting to get this one made! :D Yeah, it was great seeing Duncan :) Besides myself, he's the first Guardian to see the Barlows, so it was great to see his face :) The people in the coffee shop seemed perfectly OK with the two of us piling up pocket knives on the table, and waving them about, and what have you :D :thumbsup:

It certainly was ;) Here's the thread (though I'm afraid many of the pics are no longer hosted :( ): https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/interrupting-stan-shaws-marmalade-sandwich.1106897/
Thanks for the link, Jack. Very good read :thumbsup:
In it, Stan used the idiom "I have to change a plug for him!" :confused: Would you please explain :rolleyes:
By the way, I've taken to using the copy feature every so often while writing a response for a back-up, especially when backtracking to refresh my so-called memory :eek:
View attachment 1143669
But until then, this will do
No wonder it takes so long - I spot only 2 folks in that cavern :rolleyes:
Beautiful photo :thumbsup:
OG

Back