Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It is Thursday tomorrow, so I will be off down to my local market for a few hours 'early-doors', and I'll be taking these two along to show off to the regulars down there, before heading to the post office ;) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

nLkMHdu.jpg

It was a great day Greg, Duncan is such fantastic company :) We only went to two pubs (out of York's many superb ones), I had a couple of pints of fine cask ale, Timothy Taylor's Landlord and Marbles Manchester Bitter - and Duncan had lager! :p ;) :thumbsup: I'm really pleased with the Barlows, think everyone will love them :) I love those horn covers, incredible :) :thumbsup:

That sounds fantastic. I enjoy many types of beer, but fine cask ales are my favorite. I'm going to have to find time soon to head down to the local English-inspired brewery that serves their beers from proper hand-pull beer engines. Their bitter is quite tasty.

I'm quite certain that everyone will love the Barlows. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on the covers. I got a good one for sure. Matter of fact, so did everyone else who got one. :D

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway Lovely Horn Lambsfoot. Cool image. Oh yeah...Forgot to message. Still thinking about those hot links.

Thanks! I'm still thinking about hot links, too. That pack (now gone) reminded me of how much I enjoy them. I'm able to get good examples of Louisiana hot links here, but haven't found any acceptable versions of smoked Texas ones, though. So, I think I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands. I spent some time yesterday tracking down a recipe. It'll probably be at least a couple of weeks before I can try it, but it's on deck for sure. :)

But until then, this will do.
247ee3e5-e655-4d31-abbf-63af7ee33bea-jpeg.1143670

Yup. It'll do. It'll do very nicely. :thumbsup:

Is this the Guardian's version of "Who wore it best?" ;) :D

Seriously, though, both look splendid. And, so nice to see your Unity lambsfoot. That's one of my favorites of yours. Such class.

I know, I know....I live in California...:p
View attachment 1143756

I don't care what Prester John Prester John says, it looks refreshing to me! But, then again, I also live in California... :p

It is Thursday tomorrow, so I will be off down to my local market for a few hours 'early-doors', and I'll be taking these two along to show off to the regulars down there, before heading to the post office ;) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

nLkMHdu.jpg
PLEASE be aware of pick-pockets - be aware of your surroundings when you show them off AND NO BFO'S

It would have been nice to have had a little sunshine Dwight - bearing in mind it is June :rolleyes; But, apart from that it was a perfect day my friend :) Poor Duncan had to get up at 5.30am to make the journey (an hour later for me), so we got to spend a full day together
Overcast is my choice Jack and I'm not sure I've ever experienced too much wet weather. Guess I should live in Leeds or Seattle :D

Fodderwing Fodderwing You are great at showing the beauty of your Dami Lamb
Thank you Harvey for your kind words.

I’m not saying that I look forward to the Barlow package, but it’s somewhere here in the Leeds Mail Center.
:eek: That explains a lot :eek:

But until then, this will do.
Yes that splendid specimen would definitely do. Beautiful.

Awesome that Duncan could hook-up with you Jack! Looks like a great visit.

Thanks for your comments on the photos guys! Seems the phone has a better camera than my camera! ha Here are a couple more shots from the 'garden'.

ydw5Gpx.jpg

vaUP7U5.jpg

YZ8Y1W3.jpg
Spectacular photos Barry. Stunning.

I've just got to get one of those cups :thumbsup: Found them on line, just gotta pull the trigger - keep spending money on knives :oops: Great pic!
Same here. Between Dylan's and Greg's I have had a terrible craving flung on me. But every time I weaken I think about a knife for that price. :D

Jack Black Jack Black - The barlows take my breath every time you post em. Happy hunting tomorrow Jack.

Smart move. I used to got to my wife's, but I refused to go any more. She's busy socializing with her friends and I'm stuck in the corner trying to talk to the other husbands that got drug along. 'Nuff of that nonsense.
Exactly, my wife worked for the town 20 years after the second year attending their huge party I gave up going. I hate fun!!!
I've been to two reunions myself: my 20th and my wife's 20th. I doubt we'll go to any others. The bad thing about my wife's reunion is that it was on a gambling boat/ship that goes out into the Gulf of Mexico so the gambling is legal. Well, my wife gets seasick, and to complicate matters, she was pregnant with our youngest, and was queasy the whole time. I determined not to spend more than $20 (like what I used to spend on knives!) on gambling, and it didn't take long to lose that. Then we had to listen to the "act": twin brothers that played the piano and told stupid off-color jokes. Then there was this waitress with a German accent that said she would be right back with my change (I had handed her a $50 bill to pay for one or two drinks), and she never came back! I tracked her down, though, and got my change. The biggest problem is that we couldn't leave! (Unless we jumped overboard.) We had to wait for the ship to return to port. All in all, not a fantastic evening! Hope yours is better. :)
John and Dave, thanks for confirming the wisdom of not attending spouse class reunions. :)
Vince, you're not getting me excited about attending my own, but I suspect it will be much more laid-back than the ones you mentioned. It will be at the high school, probably primarily in the commons/lunch room, with some kind of catered dinner. The whole event is limited to 4-8pm (but 4 hours with lots of folks I never really knew and a few that I USED to know could be an ordeal :rolleyes:).

5K Qs 5K Qs : To answer your question : I do in fact believe my Eye Witness knives are very reliable .

Harry
Thanks, Harry; I was convinced that was your opinion. :)

Cant wait for the 93 lamb foot Charlie!

vaUP7U5.jpg
Good day Guardians!
JQXXlVL.jpg
Barry, you're killing it with the camera on your new phone! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. However... YOU are the Wordsmith, The Ayatollah of Alliteration, The Prince of the Power of the Pen... The Illustrious Potentate of Parody... and all this while cleverly disguised as a mild-mannered math professor...:cool: :rolleyes: :) :D
Couldn't agree with you more, Dwight. Always a delight to read GT's posts. :)
Thanks for the encouragement, Dwight and Vince. :) But recently, Dwight, your alluring alliteration allocation is almost always alarmingly aloft!! :D:thumbsup::cool:

33cujae.jpg

Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I have glaucoma too. :thumbsdown: one month of eye drops could be a new knife :(
Dandy stag doubles, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Yeah the drops can be pricey, although my doc has got me off some very expensive "brand names" and onto much more reasonably priced generics. Before all this recent eye situation, I was the world's worst eye drop user - I could go through a half-bottle of Visine just to get a drop into each dusty eye. But I'm getting WAY better with practice over the past 6-8 months. :rolleyes:

Thanks Gary. You and your college roommate have good taste in music.
Taylor is tellin the truth! It was only 103* today, a little cooler than yesterday.

I had the 2018 Guardian's Lambsfoot in my pocket today when I quit my job.
h07037.gif

48046993832_d5c1894468_h.jpg

Now I'm like ^
Congrats on the temporary retirement, FBC! ;) Best wishes on landing in a better spot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Speaking of music and temperature > 100˚F:

Thank you for all the kind comments Gary, and sorry for the tease ;) It's great to see Black Jack again :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack; getting teased makes me feel right at home. :rolleyes:
I like my rotation schedule, and it's nice when each of my lambsfoot knives returns after 6 weeks. :cool:

Thanks pal, I like to think you were all with us there in spirit, and certainly in conversation :) We went into Barnitt's, and I was telling Duncan about your wife and daughter's visit. Wright's knives seem to be selling like hot cakes there, on the display stand, which holds about 50, there were only two knives left. They need to get re-stocking! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for the story, Jack; gotta pass this on to wife and daughter! :):thumbsup::cool:

I had an absolutely fantastic day with Duncan, who barely let me get my hand in my pocket once! The day absolutely flew, as it did during our last meeting, but will stay with me forever. What a great guy :) Patient too, he had to wait even longer for his 2019 Guardians knives than Dave dc50 dc50 ! :D :thumbsup:

oZujWWK.jpg

Great photo of Duncan; he's a two-fisted lambsfoot user! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D Glad you gents had a great time. :cool::cool::) Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Duncan, we're looking forward to your promised photos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

An ebony Lambsfoot is a beauty in its own right. :)
View attachment 1143527
Couldn't agree more, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I tried to get Black Jack interested in some mathematics:
mark.open.handout.jpg

- GT

I was just saying to my wife - again - last night that the news is all about people behaving badly. :( I don't watch the news. I choose to come here and sit on the Porch a spell, listening to you all telling your stories, sharing your knives, and caring about one another. Yes some of the guys in the rockers can get a bit windy ;) but it's all well intentioned and based on passion and caring. You won't hear me complain.

And so we have Duncan visiting with Jack - all good news of people behaving splendidly. Glad to be able to tune in. :cool: Looking forward to more photos Duncan. Thank you guys for taking care of each other. And thank you Jack for creating this enduring thread. My lamb foot is incoming (as I keep saying). Meanwhile I appreciate you indulging my hanging around. :)

Ray
Well said, Ray. The behavior you mention was something I noticed very quickly when I first stumbled on this subforum, and it's the reason I'm still here! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Have a great hump day Guardians.
IMG_1171.JPG
Good to see you back, Preston :):cool:, but I wish you'd been able to get the computer problems resolved. :(:thumbsdown:
Great photo of that Snake in the Garden! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Gary, I know this is ancient...in terms the Lambsfoot thread of today. I just got my computer back and while not right I'm going to try and respond. Thank you for being so diligent in your replies and making them personal...I understand your feelings of the 'like' button...you are a fine person!
ETA: Preston, I apparently quoted this but neglected to respond when I first put this post together. Thanks for the kind words. :) There are many examples of fine folks here on The Porch that we can all emulate! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Vk9wlle.jpg

f1OLdDb.jpg

What a remarkable pair of barlows, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm not able to show how deep the etch goes, but if you run the finger over the blade it's very tangible :thumbsup:

o9KJeqe.jpg
Impressive close-up, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that Old English font in the blade etch?

5K Qs 5K Qs , thank you for your warm, kind comments. It's great to see your Black Jack despite the crack in back. Hopefully it doesn't spread and is merely character building.
As for me, I'm changing it up a bit today and carrying my 2017 Guardians Horn:

3DBPlpYh.jpg
Thanks, Greg. :) Black Jack left Wright's that way, and the crack seems very stable so far.
Your horn (and all the 2017 Guardians knives) is incredible! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

tmd_87 tmd_87 I bet you have competition for World’s Best F, here. Just sayin.:)
View attachment 1143670
Harvey, you and Taylor are cracking me up with your flatulence fun. :p
Your AC is Amazingly Captured in that pic!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on this Ironwood example Gary! It may encourage me to finally name one of my Lambsfoots. More on that later after I look at some maps of the local rivers. I know of an island in the river which I grew up by. :) Sorry about your butt crack! Hopefully it won’t require surgery! :D
I’m carrying my Ironwood Damascus Lambsfoot today. :D I hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup:

48050240766_dc880e9277_b_d.jpg
Ron, your butt crack crack cracked me up!! :p:D:thumbsup: Looking forward to hearing about an Ironwood name! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Beautiful pic of your damascus ironwood! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

... The people in the coffee shop seemed perfectly OK with the two of us piling up pocket knives on the table, and waving them about, and what have you :D :thumbsup:
Is that somewhere on YouTube?? :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

- GT

Last edited:
Good to see you back, Preston :):cool:, but I wish you'd been able to get the computer problems resolved. :(:thumbsdown:
Great photo of that Snake in the Garden!
Speaking of snake in the garden... I was watering the posies about two hours ago and look who was taking in the beauty of the garden blooms. Just under 7 feet. The largest king I have ever seen in this state.IMG_3074.jpeg

Lamb content.IMG_2700.jpeg

Back