1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The one night I decide to have a beer with you all, nobody else was posting beer pictures...
    As George Thorogood would say, "I drink alone". :D

Great pictures of the Barlows. :cool: :thumbsup:

2. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

3. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Hope your Thursday is terrific too, Vince.

4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Beautiful highly textured image of your rosewood Vince.

:D

Oh my how that brings back memories! :cool:

Mighty fine duo John.

Morning (and afternoon) Y'all IMG_7898.jpeg

donn, Cutfinger, TFBraden and 16 others like this.
  5. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Will do. :thumbsup:

Great picture. I wish I’d learned geometry a bit better in high school so that I could remember a bit more of it now. If Black Jack finds a textbook he likes, maybe he can recommend it to me. ;)

Ah. I must have known that at one time. Glad it’s a benign beauty mark. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment. :)

That’s an all-season meal in my opinion. :)

Looks like we are getting some relief from the heat today. I hope you are too up your way.

:D

Fantastic patina. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And speaking of patina, this one is looking great, too. :thumbsup:

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Beautiful stag and wood picture, Dwight. :cool: :thumbsup:

TFBraden and cigarrodog like this.
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, guys! Seems like all the lambsfoots are photogenic. Especially the new Barlows!

8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    It's only supposed to get up to 91 degrees today. That's not terrible.

9. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Wow! wonderful photos everyone!

Jack thank you once again- Sue and I touched down in Amsterdam- and just arrived at the Hotel- aaaah the joy of having a travel agent who forgot to book our Amsterdam Hitel until the last minute so it is costing Sue and I $300 NZ per night. :mad:

I will be sitting in front of him when we return lol.

He first thing I do when receiving my bag off the Conveyer is take it away - open it up and inspect if my knives are there - if not I can deal with the problem there.
    My babies are safe ‘n sound so far Yay! :D

Guardians- let me tell you that you are in for a lovely treat for those of you who ordered them - Absolute quality - again A Wright’s are very lucky to have such a man as Jack to educate them on the real happenings of the Cutlery World and I believe you will see the very real and exact results from Jacks input when you have these Hartshead Barlow’s in front of you.
    Ttyl :D :thumbsup:
    Duncan

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

11. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, hope your Thursday leads to a good Friday and a good weekend. My computer is going back to the shop:mad:
    This makes me smile and glad for Jack and Lambsfoot knives!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Harvey, tell me about the 'walled garden'...
    Thanks Gary, I'm still having the computer spitting at me:mad:
    We have bull snakes that reach that length, there also help keep the rattlers at bay.
    Kevin, I do hope the new job is more in line with what you'd like...good thoughts your way.

12. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Rosewood gets the nod on this penultimate day before the weekend:

[​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, pjsjr and 14 others like this.
  13. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Nice lichen, lovely knife.

14. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    @Campbellclanman, just a quick sentence to wish you and yours safe travels for the rest of your journey, hopefully with more reasonable hotel rates!

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks John, I'll have a drink with you (Thai lunch)! :D I'm going for a pint with a mate tonight too ;) Cheers :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Smashing wood there :) :thumbsup:

Spectacular Dwight :) :thumbsup:

51 here today! :(

Glad you made it safe and sound Duncan :) Knives too! :D Sounds like that travel agent wants hanging upside down until his wallet falls out of his pocket :mad: Some friends of mine have just gone to Rhodes, they've got a great hotel, and their room is costing them just over £100 for 5 days! :eek: Hope you have a great time my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Ron, that ebony looks silky :) :thumbsup:

Blimey Preston, what a lot of messing about! Hope you can get it sorted out soon :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful summery pic :thumbsup:

Excellent photo Greg :) :thumbsup:

Solo stag this evening ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

pjsjr, r8shell, TFBraden and 12 others like this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Yay! I hate to drink alone. ;)

You Big Tease... :cool: :thumbsup:

dc50, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, fellas. It is a remarkably good cup, I've been surprised at how natural feeling it is in use.

I have been rather fortunate to have come by a lot of great knives so far this year, including a number of great Lambsfoot pieces. This Heartshead, with its steel bolsters and liners, its striking etch and stamp, and (by all appearances) sporting some of Wright's finest work, could be a healthy contender for my KotY (knife of the year). A lambsfoot has been my KotY for the past two years and I don't see that changing.

Jack, very well done. I know the work, time, and stress has been monolithic, I hope that I can convey my appreciation for all that you do adequately.

Oh, that's a real beauty. The knife isn't so bad either. :D

I figured it was a "red" kind of day. I've suffered through a couple of 95+ degree days here (hot for the PNW) and am hoping for it to cool off a bit.

[​IMG]

Cambertree, JohnDF, TFBraden and 11 others like this.
  18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Such a beautiful knife. :thumbsup:

dc50, cigarrodog and Pàdruig like this.
  19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Hi Preston. A “Walled Garden” is a reference to being in the Apple Universe. I long ago tired of the multitude of issues in a Windows environment. It did force me to up my my digital game, as I tired of the computer devils who never seemed to properly fix the computers. This is about Lambs and not about computer devil, but I would be happy to elaborate via PM, etc. Another fine look at your Snakewood Lambsfoot.

@Campbellclanman Glad that you and your treasures are continuing the journey safe and sound. Looking forward to hearing the same when you reach home.

@WhittlinAway Nice patina on that fine Rosewood Lambsfoot, Greg.

@Half/Stop I can feel the warmth reflecting of the nice image off your Ebony Lambsfoot, Ron.

@JohnDF That’s a great looking Duo, John.

@Jack Black - That’s such a cool, colorful image, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.

The package is here at Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre in Langley, Berkshire, UK.
    F940A1C7-86FB-4CDC-8935-09E52BF17B57.jpeg

But until then...
    2870E309-E25C-4F3D-B367-73AA7504440C.jpeg

20. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, Vince. Definitely one of my favorites.

Good morning, Harvey! Are you satellite stalking your parcel? I love it. :D