Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ongoing planning:
Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

American lexicon like other Sheffield designs before it.

So here we have the first American-produced Lamb Foot Knife.

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

Remember to oil the joints and keep your knife sharp and wiped.

Thanks for your support of this old pattern.

CC/JB

(Rough for back label of Lamb Foot)

Cant wait for the 93 lamb foot Charlie!

vaUP7U5.jpg

Last edited:
Ongoing planning:
Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

CC/JB

Great to see you home and posting Charlie . Your Lambfoot covers are looking very nice and I know that the rest of it will be as well .
I know that it has taken a while to get this done . All I can say is : Finally

Harry

Dwight & Vince, I'm in awe of your clever wordplay!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::p I have to confess it took me a while to "catch" what each of you was doing, but it was well worth my slow effort! :rolleyes: And what little Spanish vocabulary I've inherited from my daughter made me go listen to this after reading Dwight's Spanish comment
Thanks GT. However... YOU are the Wordsmith, The Ayatollah of Alliteration, The Prince of the Power of the Pen... The Illustrious Potentate of Parody... and all this while cleverly disguised as a mild-mannered math professor...:cool: :rolleyes: :) :D

waynorth waynorth - That's music to the choir Charlie! In more ways than one my friend!

Ongoing planning:
Back Label:

CC/JB

Simply perfect as the your Lambsfoot will be, Charlie. I saw an image of the jigged bone hafts, and my first thought was that it looked as someone in Sheffield, a long time ago, did the jigging. To your good health.

Simply perfect as the your Lambsfoot will be, Charlie. I saw an image of the jigged bone hafts, and my first thought was that it looked as someone in Sheffield, a long time ago, did the jigging. To your good health
True that Harvey! I saw those slabs and thought the same thing. They look like old Sheffield. :cool:

That is the same frame Steve, nice-looking knife too :) I know that not everyone can post here everyday, nor even every week, but it is always good when one of our absent Guardians shows up here :) :thumbsup:

I've had another day of replying to emails, and I'm going to do another half hour before packing it in until Wednesday. Duncan has come a long way to see me tomorrow, and I have a few things I need to sort out for him tonight. We are due a month's worth of rain in the next 24 hours, and York, where we are meeting, is prone to flooding, so Duncan might be getting a tour of York by boat! :rolleyes: I'll try and call in later if I can, but otherwise it'll be tomorrow night at the earliest :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, it's good to be back. Trying to keep up! BTW, those Hartshead Barlows are amazing!

I love the file work on this. It is magnificent. I have in transit a similar lambs foot. I hope it will be here soon. I don't think it is as elaborate as yours. Good catch.

Thanks! I'm sure yours will be excellent as well! I actually have another one of the 'same' knife. I put that in quotes because when it comes to stag, none are quite the same. These two actually feel very different in hand. Can't wait to see yours! Both of mine were luck of the draw so to speak.

33cujae.jpg

n5gd2t.jpg

Stunning stag, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I can certainly relate to your anxiety over trying to deal with the pace of the thread! :eek::rolleyes:

- GT

Thanks! Barely able to get through this one post!!

Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I have glaucoma too. :thumbsdown: one month of eye drops could be a new knife :(

Hopefully more to come later, but if not, have a great night Guardians!

Nice shot of your ironwood, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: A college roommate had that album and it was one of my favorites at the time, with the song Vince mentioned being one of my favorite cuts. Taylor seems to have a reasonable objection to the lyric! :D

Thanks Gary. You and your college roommate have good taste in music.
Taylor is tellin the truth! It was only 103* today, a little cooler than yesterday.

I had the 2018 Guardian's Lambsfoot in my pocket today when I quit my job.
h07037.gif

48046993832_d5c1894468_h.jpg

Now I'm like ^

Ongoing planning:
Back Label:

CC/JB

It is GREAT to see your post and even better to know that you have recovered enough to give us this update. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Really looking forward to it!
It's pretty obvious that you've been putting in a lot of work with the Physical Terrorist. Grats and keep on keepin' on.
OG

Back