1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I like to cause problems!

2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    If someone steals from me.... we got a problem.:)

3. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Ongoing planning:
    Back Label:

After a prodigious study of antique cutlery we feel we have developed the perfect handle for a Lamb Foot Knife. It comes to hand well to do the work required of it.

The Lamb Foot blade has a straight, easily sharpened edge with a tapered configuration, giving exquisite reach.

The tip is sharp yet reinforced, so not prone to breakage like a more tapered blade. Its gradual slope makes it unobtrusive in the pocket.

This blade is a favourite of gardeners and those engaged in animal husbandry throughout the United Kingdom. After hundreds of years it is time for this knife to come into the

American lexicon like other Sheffield designs before it.

So here we have the first American-produced Lamb Foot Knife.

With a tip of the hat to the highly evolved Joseph Rodgers Cutlery Company of a century ago, and a stroke of genius from a certain local cutler, we have an ancient knife for the current age.

Remember to oil the joints and keep your knife sharp and wiped.

Thanks for your support of this old pattern.

CC/JB

(Rough for back label of Lamb Foot)

donn, Half/Stop, Pàdruig and 19 others like this.
  4. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    That touches all the bases Charlie! Well done!

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog, TFBraden and 2 others like this.
  5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    So excited Charlie can't wait!

6. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    While in Rome, I got short changed at a restaurant near the Vatican. When I went back and called them on it; they gave me the correct change. I am sure that it was deliberate as I got no resistance at all when I called them on it.

7. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    Looking forward to seeing the product of your labors, Charlie. The previous response was to the HS reunion-gambling ship thread.

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    @5K Qs : To answer your question : I do in fact believe my Eye Witness knives are very reliable .

Harry

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  9. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Cant wait for the 93 lamb foot Charlie!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    donn, Half/Stop, Pàdruig and 14 others like this.
  10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Great to see you home and posting Charlie . Your Lambfoot covers are looking very nice and I know that the rest of it will be as well .
    I know that it has taken a while to get this done . All I can say is : Finally

Harry

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks GT. However... YOU are the Wordsmith, The Ayatollah of Alliteration, The Prince of the Power of the Pen... The Illustrious Potentate of Parody... and all this while cleverly disguised as a mild-mannered math professor...:cool: :rolleyes: :) :D

@waynorth - That's music to the choir Charlie! In more ways than one my friend!

donn, JohnDF, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Simply perfect as the your Lambsfoot will be, Charlie. I saw an image of the jigged bone hafts, and my first thought was that it looked as someone in Sheffield, a long time ago, did the jigging. To your good health.

13. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    True that Harvey! I saw those slabs and thought the same thing. They look like old Sheffield. :cool:

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Couldn't agree with you more, Dwight. Always a delight to read GT's posts. :)

dc50, cigarrodog and Fodderwing like this.
  15. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks Jack, it's good to be back. Trying to keep up! BTW, those Hartshead Barlows are amazing!

Thanks! I'm sure yours will be excellent as well! I actually have another one of the 'same' knife. I put that in quotes because when it comes to stag, none are quite the same. These two actually feel very different in hand. Can't wait to see yours! Both of mine were luck of the draw so to speak.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks! Barely able to get through this one post!!

Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I have glaucoma too. :thumbsdown: one month of eye drops could be a new knife :(

Hopefully more to come later, but if not, have a great night Guardians!

Cambertree, donn, Half/Stop and 11 others like this.
  16. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks Gary. You and your college roommate have good taste in music.
    Taylor is tellin the truth! It was only 103* today, a little cooler than yesterday.

I had the 2018 Guardian's Lambsfoot in my pocket today when I quit my job. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now I'm like ^

donn, Cambertree, Half/Stop and 15 others like this.
  17. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Well if you quit your job and your dancing about it... then I'm dancing with you!!! :cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    It was a tad warm today huh @flatblackcapo

19. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thank you, Dwight.....Do you know this one? :D;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  20. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    It is GREAT to see your post and even better to know that you have recovered enough to give us this update. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Really looking forward to it!
    It's pretty obvious that you've been putting in a lot of work with the Physical Terrorist. Grats and keep on keepin' on.
    OG

Jack Black, dc50, WHT and 4 others like this.