Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It’s a beautiful morning for a change. So, according to SWMBO, let’s clean out the garage...
6Ly3R2l.jpg

I'm off this morning to watch my Grand Son play T ball then to a pond for kids to fish for fathers day.
View attachment 1145221

Have a great time Dave, love that pic :) :thumbsup:

It's supposed to rain ALL weekend here, but it's still better than this was!

zsjtaTl.jpg

Yikes! Cold and wet here too, but not THAT cold! :eek: RALF looks good my friend :thumbsup:

Does the "monogram" on the bolster stamp represent "Always Winning Stag"?? :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement, Jack. :) I think I'd find a pork pie quite fine, but I know my wife wouldn't, and for my daughter, it would depend on the food fad phase she's in currently. :rolleyes:

Another day with Black Jack:
View attachment 1145271

- GT

I sure hope so! :D The knives are wrapped in several layers of plastic from the factory, and mine really was a random pick, just like all of them :) :thumbsup:

The Blue Bell is a small traditional pub Gary, and pubs like that don't normally sell food, though I think they do sandwiches in addition to the pies now. In the past, pubs like that wouldn't even have had pies :thumbsup:

Nice to see Black Jack has a friend ;) :thumbsup:

cs42usT.jpg

It's after 4.00pm here, so I'm knocking off for the day, and I'm going to have a beer and then cook something :) :thumbsup:

KinczgW.jpg

That building is next to the church (now a cathedral) Harvey, and on the opposite side, there is a similar plaque for the School for Poor Boys, they both had playgrounds up on the roof. The children weren't confined there, but I think the lessons would have been just the basic '3 R's, since most children started work at a very young age. My grandfather started part-time work at 5, and full-time work at 7, and that was in the early 20th century!
Quite remarkable and by today's standards almost unbelievable. There are a good many 25 yr olds now days that would struggle with a full time job. Alas...

Thank you Dwight, yet another fabulous pic my friend
Thank you Jack.

Beautiful photo, good Lambs, Dwight!
Thank you José.

I think I'd better stand pat, lest I starve like Buridan's Ass
You know what Jack says - "beans on toast this month" :D

Glad you liked the little puzzle, John. :) I hope I didn't insult anyone's intelligence by "bolding" the relevant letters. It made things easier, but I'm not sure how clearly we all think first thing in the morning. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the positive comment on my Lam Jack's horn handles in my beer pic.
Insult my intelligence? I didn't even notice the emboldened letters and therefore struggled until I broke down sobbing. It was embarrassing. When I looked up Cherri was standing there with a brown paper sack and said - "Here breathe into this for a little while" :oops: :rolleyes:

Dwight, Dave, Ron:
Those ACs!! Ay Caramba!!!
Gracias paisano!

I spy and Oxeye! ;):D Splendid pic, Dwight!
:D very good :cool:

Thanks for asking, and yes, he does.
He is working on a research project with one of his physics professors.
He will be creating computer code and running data for heat transference.
The best part is... it's a work-at-home paid position.
John that big fellow is surely not the one who was born teeny tiny!? :eek:

Oh yes, I've been on the bought-too-many-knives diet a time or two. ;) The dilemma of Buridan's Ass refers to being paralyzed by the choice between two equally desirable options.
Thanks Rachel. I'm a little slow sometimes :( and the rest of the time I'm pretty much inert. :D

donn donn Cool pub shot David. Cheers my friend!

John that big fellow is surely not the one who was born teeny tiny!? :eek:
The big guy is my younger son.
The smaller guy is my older son that was born early.
His only issues that linger from his early birth are that he has some lung issues and he never grew to his full potential. Not that he's too small at 5'9", it's just that all his boy cousins and younger brother are over 6'4". Even the girls in the family are taller than him. :D

Jack Black Jack Black Cool Image. In that random Barlow pick, you drew the right straw, my friend.:thumbsup: Cheers.

JohnDF JohnDF Good Luck to your Son, today, Mr. D. His chosen path in life sounds like it will be a great journey.

dc50 dc50 That’s a fine image, Dave. T Ball and fishing. A fun day for you.

@black mamba At least you don’t have to shovel rain, Jeff.

@5K Qs Apple and Black Jack forever. A nice catch of the flying insect on the blade. I don't think you can help yourself from making nice images, GT.

D Dschal Nothing better than a Lambsfoot hard at work, Dave.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron, what a beautiful Père David Lambsfoot.

donn donn David, you’re such a tease with those tempting treats.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

Barlow Package, preflight check, Heathrow.
130D1425-4691-42ED-9E95-25A2405FF9A1.jpeg

In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. A kind, intelligent, talented individual. Here’s an example of his work.
8E3FAFDA-539F-4020-A2C4-A2875E6FBC35_zpsvbj0ajv6.jpeg

In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
68FEAC69-9FC8-426A-B863-E4417AF71C2E.jpeg

Last edited:
In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
View attachment 1145323
That is really something special.

Jack Black Jack Black Cool Image. In that random Barlow pick, you drew the right straw, my friend.:thumbsup: Cheers.

JohnDF JohnDF Good Luck to your Son, today, Mr. D. His chosen path in life sounds like it will be a great journey.

dc50 dc50 That’s a fine image, Dave. T Ball and fishing. A fun day for you.

@black mamba At least you don’t have to shovel rain, Jeff.

@5K Qs Apple and Black Jack forever. A nice catch of the flying insect on the blade. I don't think you can help yourself from making nice images, GT.

D Dschal Nothing better than a Lambsfoot hard at work, Dave.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron, what a beautiful Père David Lambsfoot.

donn donn David, you’re such a tease with those tempting treats.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

Barlow Package, preflight check, Heathrow.
View attachment 1145320

In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. A kind, intelligent, talented individual. Here’s an example of his work.
8E3FAFDA-539F-4020-A2C4-A2875E6FBC35_zpsvbj0ajv6.jpeg

View attachment 1145323
Stunning stained glass Harvey and the mask is amazing. What is it made of?

Back