Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning, Guardians!
6FsTFTQ.jpg

Cool pic Vince :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Quite remarkable and by today's standards almost unbelievable. There are a good many 25 yr olds now days that would struggle with a full time job. Alas...

You are right Vince, I never had pocket-money as a kid, so went out and got myself a morning and evening (2 evening deliveries on a Saturday - local sports paper) newspaper delivery round when I was 11, sometimes took an additional round, and also delivered a local free paper once a week on a completely different round. Did this until I left school at 16, and became an apprentice mechanic. Despite the fact I'm not 60 yet, it certainly wasn't abnormal at the time, but now I look at 16 year-olds, and they seem far too young to be doing a hard manual job :eek: That is largely because they still look like kids to me, but I know folks, who are still supporting their kids, even though the kids are in their 30's :rolleyes:

You know what Jack says - "beans on toast this month" :D

I have just had my first square meal in a while! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Insult my intelligence? I didn't even notice the emboldened letters and therefore struggled until I broke down sobbing. It was embarrassing. When I looked up Cherri was standing there with a brown paper sack and said - "Here breathe into this for a little while" :oops: :rolleyes:

:D :thumbsup:

Nice of you to roll up with some timely pie shots my friend! :D Excellent pics David :) :thumbsup:

The big guy is my younger son.
The smaller guy is my older son that was born early.
His only issues that linger from his early birth are that he has some lung issues and he never grew to his full potential. Not that he's too small at 5'9", it's just that all his boy cousins and younger brother are over 6'4". Even the girls in the family are taller than him. :D

:) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Cool Image. In that random Barlow pick, you drew the right straw, my friend.:thumbsup: Cheers.

@JohnDF Good Luck to your Son, today, Mr. D. His chosen path in life sounds like it will be a great journey.

@dc50 That’s a fine image, Dave. T Ball and fishing. A fun day for you.

@black mamba At least you don’t have to shovel rain, Jeff.

@5K Qs Apple and Black Jack forever. A nice catch of the flying insect on the blade. I don't think you can help yourself from making nice images, GT.

@Dschal Nothing better than a Lambsfoot hard at work, Dave.

@Half/Stop Ron, what a beautiful Père David Lambsfoot.

donn donn David, you’re such a tease with those tempting treats.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

Barlow Package, preflight check, Heathrow.
View attachment 1145320

In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. A kind, intelligent, talented individual. Here’s an example of his work.
8E3FAFDA-539F-4020-A2C4-A2875E6FBC35_zpsvbj0ajv6.jpeg

In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
View attachment 1145323

Thanks Harvey, nice to see your Barlows are making progress! :D :thumbsup: That's fascinating, and what an incredible piece, and memento of your friend :) You're not a bad-looking feller! Great pic :D :thumbsup:

You are right Vince, I never had pocket-money as a kid, so went out and got myself a morning and evening (2 evening deliveries on a Saturday - local sports paper) newspaper delivery round when I was 11, sometimes took an additional round, and also delivered a local free paper once a week on a completely different round. Did this until I left school at 16, and became an apprentice mechanic. Despite the fact I'm not 60 yet, it certainly wasn't abnormal at the time, but now I look at 16 year-olds, and they seem far too young to be doing a hard manual job :eek: That is largely because they still look like kids to me, but I know folks, who are still supporting their kids, even though the kids are in their 30's :rolleyes:

Nice of you to roll up with some timely pie shots my friend! :D Excellent pics David :) :thumbsup:

Jack I'm only 46 but was working night-shifts on London's fresh produce markets when I was 11. I told one of these young modern types about that once and they accused me of lying...:rolleyes:

Voakes pies are always timely...:D Harrogate Farmers Market on Thursday. :thumbsup:
https://www.yorkshirefarmersmarkets.co.uk/harrogate-farmers-market/

Stunning stained glass Harvey and the mask is amazing. What is it made of?
Thank you Dwight. It was a bit of a claustrophobic ordeal. Could only breath through a straw, and had to sit still for sometime, as the plaster was applied, all over my face, and then waiting for it dry sufficiently. At the point the mask was pulled, I thought, “Boy, that’s cool,” not realizing his intent to make it something more.

Wonderful look at your AC.

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack. Certainly don’t look like that now.:)

Thank you Dwight. It was a bit of a claustrophobic ordeal. Could only breath through a straw, and had to sit still for sometime, as the plaster was applied, all over my face, and then waiting for it dry sufficiently. At the point the mask was pulled, I thought, “Boy, that’s cool,” not realizing his intent to make it something more.

Wonderful look at your AC.

A precious keepsake. Isn't it amazing, the talent some possess.

Jack I'm only 46 but was working night-shifts on London's fresh produce markets when I was 11. I told one of these young modern types about that once and they accused me of lying...:rolleyes:

Voakes pies are always timely...:D Harrogate Farmers Market on Thursday. :thumbsup:
https://www.yorkshirefarmersmarkets.co.uk/harrogate-farmers-market/

Yes, probably totally unbelievable to them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link :D :thumbsup:

It was a bit of a claustrophobic ordeal. Could only breath through a straw, and had to sit still for sometime, as the plaster was applied, all over my face, and then waiting for it dry sufficiently....

You're not selling it! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's what the mask is for Harvey! ;) :D :thumbsup: I just have to pull my jacket collar up so I don't scare the kids! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

Here's a few pics from the Hartshead today. The large house in the second photo belonged to the Barlow's neighbours :thumbsup:

o0oB14l.jpg

OJXYdJY.jpg

4Q3ByKk.jpg

GsfGG34.jpg

MDVpTnB.jpg

6Ev3FsR.jpg

MSeE7C0.jpg

ucL4qyM.jpg

qSLSrB0.jpg

plR829F.jpg

4QCJKn0.jpg
Yet another very fine photographic tour. Well done. Thank you. :) Your Hartshead keeps looking better and better :thumbsup:

You never know when those light posts might be stolen!!
:D ROFL :D

Jack Black Jack Black
Good Morning Guardians.
Barlow Package, preflight check, Heathrow.
View attachment 1145320
In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. A kind, intelligent, talented individual. Here’s an example of his work.
8E3FAFDA-539F-4020-A2C4-A2875E6FBC35_zpsvbj0ajv6.jpeg

In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
View attachment 1145323
Great pic. Love stained glass. And the mask is OUTSTANDING! Grats on the wonderful keepsake. Beautiful :)
Also, thanks for the updates on the "Travels of the Hartshead" - saves me from searching the tracking number :rolleyes:
LATER: I gave in, looked up the tracking number and here's what I found:
"Your item has been received at ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS), United States of America. More information will be available as it travels through the network."
:D:D:D Now to get through Customs, then to Fresno and then to Coarsegold. Might make it here by mid week :cool:

Good day to all :)
Had some of these with the coffee and cereal earlier this morning :cool:
OG
thPQ9UO.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot of the family - very cool slip :thumbsup: and beautiful country :cool:
The most I've every had done on a knee was a 'scope which was a piece of cake. It doesn't give out or lock up anymore.
Just some aches now and then, depending on weather changes.
Hope your procedure is as successful as mine. :thumbsup:
OG

Yes, probably totally unbelievable to them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link :D :thumbsup:

You're not selling it! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's what the mask is for Harvey! ;) :D :thumbsup: I just have to pull my jacket collar up so I don't scare the kids! :confused: :D :thumbsup:
I’ve seen your face. Not scary at all. Looking like the proper English Gentleman that you are.:)

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY Thank you OG. Looks like yours will arrive sooner. What a bowl of nice, that image is.

@StoneB:) great family photo and beautiful scenic images.

Good day to all :)
Had some of these with the coffee and cereal earlier this morning :cool:
OG
thPQ9UO.jpg

Very healthy OG, love the pile-side stag on your AC :) :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Guardians! I hope everyone is well and wanted to thank you all for the kind words on the photos and upcoming knee surgery. Attached is a few very long overdue family photos.

View attachment 1145417 View attachment 1145418 View attachment 1145419 View attachment 1145420

Have a great weekend!
View attachment 1145422
View attachment 1145421

WOW! What amazing pics! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday y'all! Gonna be BBQing some ribs. Then gonna go check out the beer tree at the county fair! Hope you are all enjoying your weekends!View attachment 1145434

Have a great time Taylor, that Snakewood seems to look better and better :thumbsup:

You have beer trees??!!! :eek: :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, have a good weekend for you, too.:):thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

I’ve seen your face. Not scary at all. Looking like the proper English Gentleman that you are.:)

You are too kind Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Great Lambsfoot Barlow Jack, I love this Stag, will one of these packages be destined to Portugal?:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :) Actually, yours is the big one at the bottom of that pile :thumbsup:

Newly sharpened what has become my daily driver(er . . . Knife)
kGeA4St.jpg

Ebony A. Wright lamb is new to get touched up.

Looking good :) :thumbsup:

Back