1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    mitch4ging, dc50, Will Power and 11 others like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pic Vince :cool: :) :thumbsup:

You are right Vince, I never had pocket-money as a kid, so went out and got myself a morning and evening (2 evening deliveries on a Saturday - local sports paper) newspaper delivery round when I was 11, sometimes took an additional round, and also delivered a local free paper once a week on a completely different round. Did this until I left school at 16, and became an apprentice mechanic. Despite the fact I'm not 60 yet, it certainly wasn't abnormal at the time, but now I look at 16 year-olds, and they seem far too young to be doing a hard manual job :eek: That is largely because they still look like kids to me, but I know folks, who are still supporting their kids, even though the kids are in their 30's :rolleyes:

I have just had my first square meal in a while! :D ;) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Nice of you to roll up with some timely pie shots my friend! :D Excellent pics David :) :thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, nice to see your Barlows are making progress! :D :thumbsup: That's fascinating, and what an incredible piece, and memento of your friend :) You're not a bad-looking feller! Great pic :D :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Cutfinger, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
  4. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Jack I'm only 46 but was working night-shifts on London's fresh produce markets when I was 11. I told one of these young modern types about that once and they accused me of lying...:rolleyes:

Voakes pies are always timely...:D Harrogate Farmers Market on Thursday. :thumbsup:
    https://www.yorkshirefarmersmarkets.co.uk/harrogate-farmers-market/

5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Dwight. It was a bit of a claustrophobic ordeal. Could only breath through a straw, and had to sit still for sometime, as the plaster was applied, all over my face, and then waiting for it dry sufficiently. At the point the mask was pulled, I thought, “Boy, that’s cool,” not realizing his intent to make it something more.

Wonderful look at your AC.

@Jack Black Thank you Jack. Certainly don’t look like that now.:)

6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    A precious keepsake. Isn't it amazing, the talent some possess.

7. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Absolutely, Brother.

dc50 and Fodderwing like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, probably totally unbelievable to them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link :D :thumbsup:

You're not selling it! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's what the mask is for Harvey! ;) :D :thumbsup: I just have to pull my jacket collar up so I don't scare the kids! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.
  9. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Yet another very fine photographic tour. Well done. Thank you. :) Your Hartshead keeps looking better and better :thumbsup:

:D ROFL :D

Great pic. Love stained glass. And the mask is OUTSTANDING! Grats on the wonderful keepsake. Beautiful :)
    Also, thanks for the updates on the "Travels of the Hartshead" - saves me from searching the tracking number :rolleyes:
    LATER: I gave in, looked up the tracking number and here's what I found:
    "Your item has been received at ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS), United States of America. More information will be available as it travels through the network."
    :D:D:D Now to get through Customs, then to Fresno and then to Coarsegold. Might make it here by mid week :cool:

Good day to all :)
    Had some of these with the coffee and cereal earlier this morning :cool:
    OG
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. StoneBeard

StoneBeard Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Happy Saturday Guardians! I hope everyone is well and wanted to thank you all for the kind words on the photos and upcoming knee surgery. Attached is a few very long overdue family photos.

2615DECC-2BF9-48B0-BFF4-AEBB0B463154.jpeg 4F67847A-0B2A-4E10-A8C0-C1E9DAFBB2B9.jpeg 8B18DA74-6AAC-4414-B034-288F74544370.jpeg CB5DA818-35E2-4638-963C-76DC5C650576.jpeg

Have a great weekend!
    691FF0B5-5622-4421-8571-93F92778CA81.jpeg
    4151459D-E56B-4E80-899A-846E2982F6AE.jpeg

11. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Great shot of the family - very cool slip :thumbsup: and beautiful country :cool:
    The most I've every had done on a knee was a 'scope which was a piece of cake. It doesn't give out or lock up anymore.
    Just some aches now and then, depending on weather changes.
    Hope your procedure is as successful as mine. :thumbsup:
    OG

mitch4ging, JohnDF, Cutfinger and 4 others like this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Happy Saturday y'all! Gonna be BBQing some ribs. Then gonna go check out the beer tree at the county fair! Hope you are all enjoying your weekends! IMG_20190615_121613.jpg

13. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Jack, have a good weekend for you, too.:):thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks John, yes it is indeed a different piece!;):thumbsup:

JohnDF likes this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Very grateful for your comment Gary.:):thumbsup:

16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Gary that 18 in Ebony is awesome!;):thumbsup:

TFBraden likes this.
  17. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    I’ve seen your face. Not scary at all. Looking like the proper English Gentleman that you are.:)

@OLd_gUY Thank you OG. Looks like yours will arrive sooner. What a bowl of nice, that image is.

@StoneB:) great family photo and beautiful scenic images.

mitch4ging, dc50, OLd_gUY and 2 others like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Great Lambsfoot Barlow Jack, I love this Stag, will one of these packages be destined to Portugal?:cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black and tmd_87 like this.
  19. salty141

salty141 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Newly sharpened what has become my daily driver(er . . . Knife)
    [​IMG]

Ebony A. Wright lamb is new to get touched up.

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Very healthy OG, love the pile-side stag on your AC :) :thumbsup:

WOW! What amazing pics! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Have a great time Taylor, that Snakewood seems to look better and better :thumbsup:

You have beer trees??!!! :eek: :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

You are too kind Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :) Actually, yours is the big one at the bottom of that pile :thumbsup:

Looking good :) :thumbsup:

dc50, TFBraden, Prester John and 2 others like this.