Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hope all you Guardian's are having a good weekend.
I will be back to catch up a little later.
48064456522_90fa4a2914_h.jpg

Do hope your Saturday is going well...
Had Rosie out for a stroll...
IMG_1181.JPG

Thanks for the good words, Preston. :) I hope your computer is soon working as well as that fully functional stylish stag senator! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks GT, I've been frustrated with this one because it has that Jekyll and Hyde personality
Have a great time Dave, love that pic :) :thumbsup:

Yikes! Cold and wet here too, but not THAT cold! :eek: RALF looks good my friend :thumbsup:

I sure hope so! :D The knives are wrapped in several layers of plastic from the factory, and mine really was a random pick, just like all of them :) :thumbsup:

The Blue Bell is a small traditional pub Gary, and pubs like that don't normally sell food, though I think they do sandwiches in addition to the pies now. In the past, pubs like that wouldn't even have had pies :thumbsup:

Nice to see Black Jack has a friend ;) :thumbsup:

cs42usT.jpg

It's after 4.00pm here, so I'm knocking off for the day, and I'm going to have a beer and then cook something :) :thumbsup:

KinczgW.jpg
Thanks again for all you do, your dedication and commitment to Lambsfoot and the Guardians is so appreciated.
Quite remarkable and by today's standards almost unbelievable. There are a good many 25 yr olds now days that would struggle with a full time job. Alas...
That is so sad, but, true. Some I know can't hold one, just don't want to work, live at home and have everything handed to them!
Jack Black Jack Black Cool Image. In that random Barlow pick, you drew the right straw, my friend.:thumbsup: Cheers.

JohnDF JohnDF Good Luck to your Son, today, Mr. D. His chosen path in life sounds like it will be a great journey.

dc50 dc50 That’s a fine image, Dave. T Ball and fishing. A fun day for you.

black mamba black mamba At least you don’t have to shovel rain, Jeff.

@5K Qs Apple and Black Jack forever. A nice catch of the flying insect on the blade. I don't think you can help yourself from making nice images, GT.

@Dschal Nothing better than a Lambsfoot hard at work, Dave.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron, what a beautiful Père David Lambsfoot.

@donn David, you’re such a tease with those tempting treats.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

Barlow Package, preflight check, Heathrow.
View attachment 1145320

In the mid 80s, I worked on a story with a writer about Father Zarlenga, a Dominican Priest, who was famed for his church stain glass windows. Vatican trained, he had a work shop in a local college in the States. A kind, intelligent, talented individual. Here’s an example of his work.
8E3FAFDA-539F-4020-A2C4-A2875E6FBC35_zpsvbj0ajv6.jpeg

In his workshop, he showed me various life masks, and asked me if I would like one made of me. I said, humbly, yes, thinking it would be a simple mask. Instead, he turned me into something you would see from Antiquity. I have kept it as a fond memory of this gentleman, who sadly has passed.
View attachment 1145323
Dwight, that man has creativity and talent...an awesome combo!

I knew you blokes were going to cost me money, have 2 Lambsfoot's on the way, and another one to be notified when back in stock. But i'm then putting the foot down, cannot afford anymore. That is till i see one i like. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Two weeks ago, a store in Sheffield airmailed me a lambsfoot. At what point do I panic that it hasn't arrived? This is my first international purchase of a knife.

If i can give you some advise, international deliveries can take a while, up to a month to get to Australia. But just to make sure nothing has happened send them off an email with your order no. and try and find out your orders progress. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Two weeks ago, a store in Sheffield airmailed me a lambsfoot. At what point do I panic that it hasn't arrived? This is my first international purchase of a knife.
6 to 9 weeks minimum, in western Canada.o_O:confused:

I usually have a wait of 4 to 6 weeks to NZ for a parcel- most take around 3 to 4 weeks but I try to switch off the worry until 4 to 5 weeks.

This Thread is insane the speed it goes. I tip my hat to the fine gentleman who continuously quote and keep up with the everyday posts.
I know that Jack is super busy with the Lambfoot knife orders and with the continuous visits to A Wright’s etc.

A great big thank you to Jack, and also the guys who help maintain this fast growing Thread.

I am now Waiting in the Airport @ Amsterdam- goodbye to a massive holiday Sue and I have just experienced, goodbye to Jack once again ( I felt so sad turning away from Jack again at York Train Station knowing it would be quite some some till we meet again - of which I am sure we will with Sues family connections in England).

Really looking forward to the next 29 Hours Flying :(
I have my knives wrapped up in Paper and taped up with notes to Customs officials if they X-ray my bag and have concerns.

Always I have left a note to Customs explaining that I am aware of the Country’s that I am travelling through and too - that these knives comply with all these Countries laws being single edged , none are Lockback and no Ivory etc, I also say that if they would care to speak to me at the Airport stops I would be only too glad to speak to them - supplying my mobile phone number as well.

At times My bag has been inspected by Customs whom have left a note with no negative outcomes.

I remember leaving North Dakota Airport once and my bag was several pounds over weight - so I pulled my bag aside with Paul Hilborn there and was handing over these handfuls of knives lol - The Airport guy was standing there taking it all in with a look of surprise on his face lol. No problem there either. :D I guess as long as we stick to the rules!
Looking forward to posting photos once I am home if I am lucky enough that my knives make it back to me. ;)

Hope all you Guardian's are having a good weekend.
I will be back to catch up a little later.
48064456522_90fa4a2914_h.jpg

Fantastic pic Kevin! :D :thumbsup:

Do hope your Saturday is going well...
Had Rosie out for a stroll...
IMG_1181.JPG

Thanks GT, I've been frustrated with this one because it has that Jekyll and Hyde personality

Thanks again for all you do, your dedication and commitment to Lambsfoot and the Guardians is so appreciated.

That is so sad, but, true. Some I know can't hold one, just don't want to work, live at home and have everything handed to them!

Dwight, that man has creativity and talent...an awesome combo!

Rosie is looking good my friend, thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

That's another stunner Dwight! Can't keep up with you! :D :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Taylor, that Damascus steel looks good in monochrome :cool: :thumbsup:

I knew you blokes were going to cost me money, have 2 Lambsfoot's on the way, and another one to be notified when back in stock. But i'm then putting the foot down, cannot afford anymore. That is till i see one i like. Hope you all have a good weekend.

You too Cudgee, and hope you get your knives soon :thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot...
hlrWbnd.jpg

Because I love English folders.

How 'bout you?

:D :thumbsup:

Patience Grasshopper ;) :D :thumbsup:

If i can give you some advise, international deliveries can take a while...

Good advice :thumbsup:

I usually have a wait of 4 to 6 weeks to NZ for a parcel- most take around 3 to 4 weeks but I try to switch off the worry until 4 to 5 weeks.

This Thread is insane the speed it goes. I tip my hat to the fine gentleman who continuously quote and keep up with the everyday posts.
I know that Jack is super busy with the Lambfoot knife orders and with the continuous visits to A Wright’s etc.

A great big thank you to Jack, and also the guys who help maintain this fast growing Thread.

I am now Waiting in the Airport @ Amsterdam- goodbye to a massive holiday Sue and I have just experienced, goodbye to Jack once again ( I felt so sad turning away from Jack again at York Train Station knowing it would be quite some some till we meet again - of which I am sure we will with Sues family connections in England).

Really looking forward to the next 29 Hours Flying :(
I have my knives wrapped up in Paper and taped up with notes to Customs officials if they X-ray my bag and have concerns.

Always I have left a note to Customs explaining that I am aware of the Country’s that I am travelling through and too - that these knives comply with all these Countries laws being single edged , none are Lockback and no Ivory etc, I also say that if they would care to speak to me at the Airport stops I would be only too glad to speak to them - supplying my mobile phone number as well.

At times My bag has been inspected by Customs whom have left a note with no negative outcomes.

I remember leaving North Dakota Airport once and my bag was several pounds over weight - so I pulled my bag aside with Paul Hilborn there and was handing over these handfuls of knives lol - The Airport guy was standing there taking it all in with a look of surprise on his face lol. No problem there either. :D I guess as long as we stick to the rules!
Looking forward to posting photos once I am home if I am lucky enough that my knives make it back to me. ;)

I very rarely check tracking, shipping times can vary hugely for me, from a few days to a couple of months :thumbsup:

Thanks Duncan, if you're able to check in mid-flight, I hope it is going OK my friend, and that you have a good book or two to read! How was Amsterdam, I hope you had a fantastic time my friend? :) That parting was emotional wasn't it Duncan, I hope it's not too long before we meet again :) :thumbsup:

Happy Fathers Day!

I carry a lambsfoot...View attachment 1145704 Because I am smitten... :D

As are we all :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians and Happy Father's Day

Terrific twosome John :) :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday, Guardians! My bamboo pot means Pu-erh tea, with a little honey.

fKLC7rb.jpg

Hope you and RALF are having a great day Jeff :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads! :) Hello my name is Ron and I carry a Lambsfoot! :D

33652199128_be608d6cc5_b_d.jpg

And a very fine one it is my friend :) :thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians, Happy Father's Day to all the dads, and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I didn't have time to check in this morning, as I was heading to the Royal Armouries to meet up with @WDJ and hand over his Hartshead Barlow in person :) :thumbsup:

YEIjKP8.jpg

I conspired to engineer the return of the Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :D

HRl8Qst.jpg

Though it actually wasn't any better than the lousy coffee they serve at the Armouries unfortunately :rolleyes:

After spending some time with @WDJ, as he headed back across the Pennines, I walked back into town, and called in for a pint and some lunch at a trendy Leeds bar :rolleyes:

XcGpNti.jpg

nPlvksX.jpg

I'm just having a cup of tea and catching up here, then I have emails to deal with, and some more packaging :thumbsup:

Back