1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Hope all you Guardian's are having a good weekend.
    I will be back to catch up a little later.
    [​IMG]

2. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Do hope your Saturday is going well...
    Had Rosie out for a stroll...
    [​IMG]
    Thanks GT, I've been frustrated with this one because it has that Jekyll and Hyde personality
    Thanks again for all you do, your dedication and commitment to Lambsfoot and the Guardians is so appreciated.
    That is so sad, but, true. Some I know can't hold one, just don't want to work, live at home and have everything handed to them!
    Dwight, that man has creativity and talent...an awesome combo!

3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Harvey! :thumbsup: :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Much obliged my friend.

IMG_5445.jpeg

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, JohnDF and 14 others like this.
  5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Oh yes!!! IMG_20190615_161320.jpg

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, JohnDF and 12 others like this.
  6. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I knew you blokes were going to cost me money, have 2 Lambsfoot's on the way, and another one to be notified when back in stock. But i'm then putting the foot down, cannot afford anymore. That is till i see one i like. Hope you all have a good weekend.

7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    And there is no cure.:)

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I carry a lambsfoot...
    [​IMG]
    Because I love English folders.

How 'bout you?

9. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    Two weeks ago, a store in Sheffield airmailed me a lambsfoot. At what point do I panic that it hasn't arrived? This is my first international purchase of a knife.

10. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    If i can give you some advise, international deliveries can take a while, up to a month to get to Australia. But just to make sure nothing has happened send them off an email with your order no. and try and find out your orders progress. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

11. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I think it is called death!!!

12. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    6 to 9 weeks minimum, in western Canada.o_O:confused:

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I usually have a wait of 4 to 6 weeks to NZ for a parcel- most take around 3 to 4 weeks but I try to switch off the worry until 4 to 5 weeks.

This Thread is insane the speed it goes. I tip my hat to the fine gentleman who continuously quote and keep up with the everyday posts.
    I know that Jack is super busy with the Lambfoot knife orders and with the continuous visits to A Wright’s etc.

A great big thank you to Jack, and also the guys who help maintain this fast growing Thread.

I am now Waiting in the Airport @ Amsterdam- goodbye to a massive holiday Sue and I have just experienced, goodbye to Jack once again ( I felt so sad turning away from Jack again at York Train Station knowing it would be quite some some till we meet again - of which I am sure we will with Sues family connections in England).

Really looking forward to the next 29 Hours Flying :(
    I have my knives wrapped up in Paper and taped up with notes to Customs officials if they X-ray my bag and have concerns.

Always I have left a note to Customs explaining that I am aware of the Country’s that I am travelling through and too - that these knives comply with all these Countries laws being single edged , none are Lockback and no Ivory etc, I also say that if they would care to speak to me at the Airport stops I would be only too glad to speak to them - supplying my mobile phone number as well.

At times My bag has been inspected by Customs whom have left a note with no negative outcomes.

I remember leaving North Dakota Airport once and my bag was several pounds over weight - so I pulled my bag aside with Paul Hilborn there and was handing over these handfuls of knives lol - The Airport guy was standing there taking it all in with a look of surprise on his face lol. No problem there either. :D I guess as long as we stick to the rules!
    Looking forward to posting photos once I am home if I am lucky enough that my knives make it back to me. ;)

14. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    @Campbellclanman - Safe travels home Duncan. Looking forward to the photos.

15. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Happy Fathers Day!

I carry a lambsfoot... fullsizeoutput_1aaa.jpeg Because I am smitten... :D

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians and Happy Father's Day
    [​IMG]

17. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Happy Sunday, Guardians! My bamboo pot means Pu-erh tea, with a little honey.

[​IMG]

18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads! :) Hello my name is Ron and I carry a Lambsfoot! :D

[​IMG]

19. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Happy Sunday and happy Father's Day to all the Guardians!

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Fantastic pic Kevin! :D :thumbsup:

Rosie is looking good my friend, thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

That's another stunner Dwight! Can't keep up with you! :D :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Taylor, that Damascus steel looks good in monochrome :cool: :thumbsup:

You too Cudgee, and hope you get your knives soon :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Patience Grasshopper ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good advice :thumbsup:

I very rarely check tracking, shipping times can vary hugely for me, from a few days to a couple of months :thumbsup:

Thanks Duncan, if you're able to check in mid-flight, I hope it is going OK my friend, and that you have a good book or two to read! How was Amsterdam, I hope you had a fantastic time my friend? :) That parting was emotional wasn't it Duncan, I hope it's not too long before we meet again :) :thumbsup:

As are we all :) :thumbsup:

Terrific twosome John :) :thumbsup:

Hope you and RALF are having a great day Jeff :thumbsup:

And a very fine one it is my friend :) :thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians, Happy Father's Day to all the dads, and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I didn't have time to check in this morning, as I was heading to the Royal Armouries to meet up with @WDJ and hand over his Hartshead Barlow in person :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I conspired to engineer the return of the Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :D

[​IMG]

Though it actually wasn't any better than the lousy coffee they serve at the Armouries unfortunately :rolleyes:

After spending some time with @WDJ, as he headed back across the Pennines, I walked back into town, and called in for a pint and some lunch at a trendy Leeds bar :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm just having a cup of tea and catching up here, then I have emails to deal with, and some more packaging :thumbsup: